BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Let's see those SPRs... (Page 5 of 48)
Page / 48
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:27:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#1]
Yep, Edwin907 has been a very, very bad influence in my life since becoming a member on here and his pictures were the reason that I found the badness thread on this site that I like to call home  I bet he his gear and guns have inspired countless of others to say the least.

nuff of edwin  lets see them SPR's

eta....I wish nxs 2.5's (x32) had the option for a small shade.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey you guys, thanks for the compliments.
I've done all I can trying to be a bad influence!
No 32mm shade? Surely someone makes an ARD at least!

SPRs

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#3]

1. Congrats on indirectly inseminating keyboards across the country
2. I'm amazed there isn't a 32mm shade as well - for my TS30, apparently Leupold makes them, but they've gone the way of the unicorn.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:58:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#4]
Oh I would go crazy for and shorter ARD....that is awesome to even conjure up mentally.  I really don't want put any shade on a NF that was not made by them and goes prob. true for any brand I was into.  

I cannot wait to have my paws on that nxs 3.5 as that is just an awesome piece of kit edwin and imho after researching for quite some time what glass for the upcoming mws, its the overwhelming best bang for the buck as you get quite a bit in that model for the price as opposed to say still one of my fav's the baby nxs 1-4x.

eta....I still hate admitting this these days esp. but Edwin's # 1 is the benchmark imho, and has been my Cadillac for some time.  It will never go outta style either, its just timeless and beautiful.  As you can see, I just did a double take on Edwin's pics.....I am such a sucker
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:46:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Saintless:

My latest build....

* Surplus Ammo & Arms Upper/Lower

* BCM 18in SS IonBond (Rifle Length)

* RRA BCG (Robar NP3 Coated)

* Daniel Defense Gas Block (New version)

* DPMS LPK

* Badger Ord Tac Latch Charging Handle

* Daniel Defense 14in Lite Rail

* Vortex FH

* Magpul UBR/Rail Covers/Trigger guard/

* Ergo Ambi Grip

* KNS Gen I Pins

* Troy Front/Rear DOA sight

* ADM Recon Mount

* Vortex 6-24x50

* Larue QD Bipod Mount

* Harris 6-9 Bipod

* Gear Sector Handstop

(Next on list : AR Gold or GEISSELE SSE trigger)

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=21752

My son "attempting" to claim ownership....

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=21753

Looks Good!

I have the same scope on order for my 20in SPR build

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Is this SPR'ish enough?

Built around an ADCO 16" mid-length.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]

She belongs to Uncle Sam but I was the only one to take her to the big dance and put her to work!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:08:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NukeThemTillTheyGlow] [#9]

Originally Posted By KillAgain:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5962/roof2b.jpg

She belongs to Uncle Sam but I was the only one to take her to the big dance and put her to work!

Thanks for your service and pics! What did you like/dislike about your Mk12 while using it "over there"? What did you change/mod from what you were issued, I assume it was new? Did you only shoot Mk262 ammo or did you have to use M855, etc on occassion? Love to know you used the Mk12 and its limits, etc.   ETA: of course, not asking for any secrets to be divulged.  OPSEC comes first.

Also, I noticed you have a VFG (KAC?) and what looks like a rail cover on your lower (6 o'clock) rail. What size rail cover did you/do you use for that? I purchased the KAC VFG for my HCS Mk12 Mod 1, but I use a external pod-lok type of knob on my bi=pod and there isn't any room between the end of the cover and the bi-pod od-lock knob to mount the VFG.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:26:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#10]

This guy and that MK 12 are BADASS  Thanks for your service very much as well as sharing that wonderful pic

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By NukeThemTillTheyGlow:

Thanks for your service and pics! What did you like/dislike about your Mk12 while using it "over there"? What did you change/mod from what you were issued, I assume it was new? Did you only shoot Mk262 ammo or did you have to use M855, etc on occassion? Love to know you used the Mk12 and its limits, etc.   ETA: of course, not asking for any secrets to be divulged.  OPSEC comes first.

Also, I noticed you have a VFG (KAC?) and what looks like a rail cover on your lower (6 o'clock) rail. What size rail cover did you/do you use for that? I purchased the KAC VFG for my HCS Mk12 Mod 1, but I use a external pod-lok type of knob on my bi=pod and there isn't any room between the end of the cover and the bi-pod od-lock knob to mount the VFG.

I used only Mk 262 which the military designates as AA53.  I've always known it as that as Mk 262 mod 1 and mod 0 but the newer issued boxes say "AA53" on them.  

On my first deployment I put a Tango Down pistol grip on it and a reflex sight,  but this go round all the engagements were typically 200-800 meters so I didn't mount the reflex sight.

As far as limitations it doesn't really have any per se.  The weapon performs it's designed role.  The only thing I really ever desired was more range as I could spot targets beyond the weapon's effective range.  The furthest success I'd achieved was at 790 yards.  Terminal performance of 5.56 is not really an issue.  With any round shot placement is key.  There were times where 5.56 disappointed and where it surprised the dog shit out of me.

The VFG is a Tango Down grip.  As far as the rail cover I don't really remember.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 1:32:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Beautiful, amazing rifles.  I'm in awe.

I've got a question about the Ops Inc 12th Model Brake and Collar - for those of us in AWB states, is that considered a "flash hider" by the BATFE?
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 1:45:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK262] [#13]
Originally Posted By Shqype:

I've got a question about the Ops Inc 12th Model Brake and Collar - for those of us in AWB states, is that considered a "flash hider" by the BATFE?

They consider it a muzzle break.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 1:50:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MK262:

Thanks for the reply.  Is there any "official" determination I can read online?  For example, the PWS FSC556 was declared by the BATFE as being a non-flash-suppressing device.  Any chance they did the same for the Ops Inc 12th Model?
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#15]

They would love to see that over in the MK12 thread.

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MK262:

However, depending on your state, you may run into issues with a "threaded barrel" (CA).
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TRIDENT1982:
Yep, Edwin907 has been a very, very bad influence in my life since becoming a member on here and his pictures were the reason that I found the badness thread on this site that I like to call home  I bet he his gear and guns have inspired countless of others to say the least.

http://i55.tinypic.com/fteaeh.jpg

Beautiful rifle, Trident.  I like what you did with the rail covers.  Looks like some sort of monolithic upper?  NICE!
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Great looking rifles.  I've been thinking of building a .243 "SPR style" rilfe.  It seems harder to find what I want in this caliber though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By FAB-10_Guy:

http://i55.tinypic.com/fteaeh.jpg

Beautiful rifle, Trident.  I like what you did with the rail covers.  Looks like some sort of monolithic upper?  NICE!

Thanks brother

You are correct on the mono upper.....when deciding what route I wanted to go a few yrs. back with Recce/SPR builds I just could not pass up the rigidness of the MRP chassis in conjunct with Rock SS barrels.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Looks excellent...why no phase 5 winter guard?  Gotta have one of those on your SPR, made this diff. on mine at least
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Cardinal Armory 18" stainless 6.8 SPCII bbl.

MSTN QC Brake

Bushmaster lpk, w/ JP Single Stage Trigger

GG&G 30mm rings

Badger Tac-Latch

SWFA SS 10x

Falcon Ergo grip

The A2 stock has been replaced with a Magpul PRS.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#24]

I just finished putting together the above a week or so ago. Hopefully it shoots ok.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 5:29:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#25]

Man that is certainly one piece of fine work.....lots of stuff to look at and ponder with that spr....love the wood grip for sure.

eta...POST YOUR MRP CQB in the badness thread if you have the time.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=509835&page=5#bottom

eta2...oh snap, you got an Atlas  How do you like it, I am dying to have one but they are so pricey...just had to buy a harris and adm bp mount 2 days ago for a new look recce.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#26]
The Atlas is so sturdy that you could beat somebody to death with it. Its very light as well. Has a tension screw that allows you to adjust the side to side and pivoting motions. You can get different feet for it for different terrain.  Its much better than a Harris, which I have also. The legs pop out and adjust for height. This one has the optional ARMs QD mount on it for the rail.  The mono pod is also an Atlas.  I know its just a bipod, but its pretty solid.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 5:59:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#27]
Originally Posted By Grug:
The Atlas is so sturdy that you could beat somebody to death with it. Its very light as well. Has a tension screw that allows you to adjust the side to side and pivoting motions. You can get different feet for it for different terrain.  Its much better than a Harris, which I have also. The legs pop out and adjust for height. This one has the optional ARMs QD mount on it for the rail.  The mono pod is also an Atlas.  I know its just a bipod, but its pretty solid.

SWEET....you sound like you were glowing while you gave your brief assessment and that is what I look for mainly

Is your the V8 most current version or a V7...do you think that matters much?  I would love to mount a small 1" rail section to my slingloop bottom on one of my UBRs so that I could then run a accushot monopod like yours.  Other people that gave me their thoughts said this is the one  bipod that they would prefer to shoot over a bag and front rest when shooting from the bench for groups......that single thing is the reason why I will close on one of these plus its really for an upcoming .308/.260 gun which will better utilize it than my precision 556's now would.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts and gear
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 6:20:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: woode] [#28]

I am still waiting on mine, how long did it take for yours to come in?  I ordered mine 2½ weeks ago and am dying to get it in.. they said they would speed up the order since I am military but I guess they are really behind on production.   Every person who has reviewed one is pretty much in love with it..

... I would love to mount a small 1" rail section to my slingloop bottom on one of my UBRs so that I could then run a accushot monopod like yours. ...

HUGE +1.  They make aluminum strike plates, I wonder how hard it would be to do a little grinding and welding (or have someone CNC a fresh one) to get this result?  I may start a new thread on this...
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By woode:
... I would love to mount a small 1" rail section to my slingloop bottom on one of my UBRs so that I could then run a accushot monopod like yours. ...

HUGE +1.  They make aluminum strike plates, I wonder how hard it would be to do a little grinding and welding (or have someone CNC a fresh one) to get this result?  I may start a new thread on this...

Like something akin to the LaRue POD for the CTR?
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#30]

SWEET....you sound like you were glowing while you gave your brief assessment and that is what I look for mainly

Is your the V8 most current version or a V7...do you think that matters much?  I would love to mount a small 1" rail section to my slingloop bottom on one of my UBRs so that I could then run a accushot monopod like yours.  Other people that gave me their thoughts said this is the one  bipod that they would prefer to shoot over a bag and front rest when shooting from the bench for groups......that single thing is the reason why I will close on one of these plus its really for an upcoming .308/.260 gun which will better utilize it than my precision 556's now would.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts and gear

I havent checked the version. I got it new this spring for a local supplier who had the bipod in stock. The monopod I ordered in May directly from them. They are both solid units.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:09:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#31]
WOW, honestly thought about recruiting ideas for this maybe 2 months ago and I came to the conclusion that I would not even get a hit on it esp. in the forum it should go in, the accessories one.

Its a no brainer for myself if I would like a UBR and Monopod combo and I would think it would be for anyone who uses their UBR in a precision application.  I thought about the Jagr alum. strike plate but its much easier I think after pondering this quite a bit  to take out the sling loop.....buy a 1 " alum. rail, drill 2 holes in the bottom of sling loop for the screws.....then set the two screws through the rail section w. perhaps a dab of epoxy in the predrilled holes.  It will be important for the rail section to left slightly raised in order have everything lined up properly.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jdhill:
Originally Posted By woode:

Like something akin to the LaRue POD for the CTR?

exactly...in theory
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#33]

When the Zombie Apocalypse happens, let's all go to Edwin's house!

Amazing collection Edwin!

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 8:31:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#34]
Originally Posted By G17C:

When the Zombie Apocalypse happens, let's all go to Edwin's house!

Amazing collection Edwin!

Want to hear the really sick and twisted part of that collection......he has an equally deep stash of MK 262 to run through them
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Here's some more MK12 pictures from Marjah.  Enjoy!

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Great pics, thanks for sharing as those certainly do not get posted everyday

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 9:33:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RFutch] [#37]

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Want to hear the really sick and twisted part of that collection......he has an equally deep stash of MK 262 to run through them

I've got P-Mags loaded and waiting on you Trident!

Now you guys, I only have two 18" SPRs, and these photos show the various configurations they have been in over the years.
But we do have 4 other lowers (two SBR) with various uppers to match, and a couple spare uppers to go around as well.
And then there is the AK family, ammo too!

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 10:52:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#39]
Originally Posted By edwin907:

I've got P-Mags loaded and waiting on you Trident!

Now you guys, I only have two 18" SPRs, and these photos show the various configurations they have been in over the years.
But we do have 4 other lowers (two SBR) with various uppers to match, and a couple spare uppers to go around as well.
And then there is the AK family, ammo too!

What, no love for your P7s...laser beam bolt .308 comes to mind as well.

DId you hear about the 1700yd. range and new addition to our range day?  Lawman said he has a 1700yd range that we could use for that mythical range day....just image the spr and recce configs......by that time, 3 MWS's(1 from me).....he has a MK11, you have a UNS plus every other NV thingy....seriously this is gonna happen  sooner than later.

I might even have a legendary Rock SS 16"....you never know

Where do you rank your USO?
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 11:39:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/17/2010 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#41]

What, no love for your P7s...laser beam bolt .308 comes to mind as well.

DId you hear about the 1700yd. range and new addition to our range day?  Lawman said he has a 1700yd range that we could use for that mythical range day....just image the spr and recce configs......by that time, 3 MWS's(1 from me).....he has a MK11, you have a UNS plus every other NV thingy....seriously this is gonna happen  sooner than later.

I might even have a legendary Rock SS 16"....you never know

Where do you rank your USO?

Wow, I think 1700 might "test" my limited skills a bit LOL!
But yep, I'm in with the SPRs & AICS with 77 and 175 ammo and an assortment of NV hardware (IR laser/Illuminator) UNS, D-760GenIII, and PVS-14, and optics (MK4 Spotter & NV compat rail) and Geovid binocs.

Link Posted: 9/17/2010 11:00:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: danpass] [#42]

I used only Mk 262 which the military designates as AA53.  I've always known it as that as Mk 262 mod 1 and mod 0 but the newer issued boxes say "AA53" on them.  

On my first deployment I put a Tango Down pistol grip on it and a reflex sight,  but this go round all the engagements were typically 200-800 meters so I didn't mount the reflex sight.

As far as limitations it doesn't really have any per se.  The weapon performs it's designed role.  The only thing I really ever desired was more range as I could spot targets beyond the weapon's effective range.  The furthest success I'd achieved was at 790 yards.  Terminal performance of 5.56 is not really an issue.  With any round shot placement is key.  There were times where 5.56 disappointed and where it surprised the dog shit out of me.

The VFG is a Tango Down grip.  As far as the rail cover I don't really remember.  Sorry.

Great stuff and thanks for your service.

Did they put you through SDM school?

Would you be willing to do a generic AAR for my site, especially for the long shots? http://designatedmarksman.com/The_DM_in_Action.htm
Link Posted: 9/17/2010 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By danpass:

Would you be willing to do a generic AAR for my site, especially for the long shots? http://designatedmarksman.com/The_DM_in_Action.htm

I did a crash course DM school.  Our work up for deployments at the time was about 6 months so they had to condense it and teach us in fragments.  I'm unusual as a DM.  Before I joined I had already built many AR15's and had been shooting a very similar platform for 3 years before I even joined.  I already knew what I was doing,  I only lacked combat experience and I had never really shot past 600m with the weapon platform.

As for an AAR,  I wouldn't mind at all.  I've passed up a DM ppt to the Marine Corps but I can't publish that on the internet because it goes into specific tactics that were proven very successful and other info about employment at a Squad/Plt.  level that are for official use only.  Just send me some things you'd like me to cover and I'll elaborate off of those.  

You're welcome to use any of the pictures I've posted as well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Thanks for your service and if you ever come through SE TN I'd buy you a beer sir!
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By danpass:

I did a crash course DM school.  Our work up for deployments at the time was about 6 months so they had to condense it and teach us in fragments.  I'm unusual as a DM.  Before I joined I had already built many AR15's and had been shooting a very similar platform for 3 years before I even joined.  I already knew what I was doing,  I only lacked combat experience and I had never really shot past 600m with the weapon platform.

As for an AAR,  I wouldn't mind at all.  I've passed up a DM ppt to the Marine Corps but I can't publish that on the internet because it goes into specific tactics that were proven very successful and other info about employment at a Squad/Plt.  level that are for official use only.  Just send me some things you'd like me to cover and I'll elaborate off of those.  

You're welcome to use any of the pictures I've posted as well.

PM sent
Link Posted: 9/20/2010 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Bravo Company 20" Standard Upper w/ Midwest Industries FF Handguard
CMMG Lower
Magpul ACS Stock
Magpul MOE RVG
Magpul Magazine
Magpul MOE Grip
Trijicon TA-33 Amber Reticle
UTG Bipod
SSA 77gr HPBT
Hornady 75gr HPBT
Magpul PMAGS
Lance L5 Magazines

Link Posted: 9/22/2010 9:58:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DesignatedMarksman] [#48]

As it looks now.

Link Posted: 9/23/2010 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Just finished:

Noveske N4 Lower
Noveske 18" SPR upper
VLTOR MUR Upper
Magpul UBR
Magpul MOE Grip and Trigger guard
Harris Bi-pod in Larue mount
Trijicon Accupoint TR22-2 2-5-10x56 in Larue mount

Link Posted: 10/2/2010 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#50]

BCM 20" Upper
Midwest Industries 15" handguard
Rick River Arms Scope Mount
Luepold 1.75 x 6x
BCM Bolt Carrier Group
BCM Standard Charging Handle

Sitting on a CMMG Lower with Magpul ACS Stock and Magpul MOE grip
Page / 48
Let's see those SPRs... (Page 5 of 48)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top