Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2023 11:35:44 AM EDT
About to pull the trigger this weekend on the 8.5" 300 and an MBT stock. What optics are you guys running? I was thinking about getting a micro ACOG but also possibly one of the new PSA fixed 3x sites.

Small, lightish, some magnification.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 2:45:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VeritatisUnus] [#1]
On my 8” I use a TA33 with a RMR on top. ACOG sighted in for supers and RMR for subs
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an ACOG, but find a LPVO (1-8X) to be a little more versatile.  I REALLY like the ACOG (TA01) and have used it successfully for many years, but an illuminated LPVO that gives me 8x  is easier to shoot at smaller targets past 400 meters.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Genin:
I have an ACOG, but find a LPVO (1-8X) to be a little more versatile.  I REALLY like the ACOG (TA01) and have used it successfully for many years, but an illuminated LPVO that gives me 8x  is easier to shoot at smaller targets past 400 meters.
View Quote

It does, but at the expense of size and weight. On a SBR, especially one this short, I find them out of place… besides, an 8.5” 300blk while doable at 400, is pretty far out there.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Primary Arms 1-6x 300blk calibrated reticle. Love it. I used it on a 6 point white tail about 125-135 yards this last hunting season. worked excellent.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered one of the PA fixed 3x sights. We’ll see
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I have acogs and pa prisms in a few different magnifications on various platforms, but I really like the pa 3x micro on my 8.5 blackout. Albeit I primarily use it for hogs and deer.
Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top