Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2024 10:04:42 AM EDT
As you can see from my photos linked below, the YHM mount & muzzle devices are not exactly light or short.

Do we have any lighter and/or shorter options compatible with the Turbo T3 can?

Photos showing YHM weights: https://imgur.com/a/1CzmKtm
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#1]
YHM 's newer sRx taper system is awesome. Works really well and is significantly lighter. Also keeps the warranty.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#2]
sRx flash hider is 2.1 oz, adapter is 2 oz. Mini brake is 1.1 oz.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Those few ounces are detrimental? Perhaps lifting a dumb bell once in a while would be more beneficial?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 19Charlie_84:
Those few ounces are detrimental? Perhaps lifting a dumb bell once in a while would be more beneficial?
View Quote

Never seen someone defend the phantom mount as if it’s good.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I went with rearden partially to save weight but mostly to pin and weld a device on that won't need service like the phantom system.

You can save close to 3 oz depending on muzzle device and more if you opt for titanium mount.

But you'll save the most if you direct thread.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By NoEffects6:

View Quote

I've never seen or had a phantom mount fail. Personally used them since 2009. Can't say the same for every other mount system.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Thanks for trolling, tough guy.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Have the Griffin Plan A & Ti minimalist brake & FH on order
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:33:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: campower] [#9]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
YHM 's newer sRx taper system is awesome. Works really well and is significantly lighter. Also keeps the warranty.
View Quote

Bingo. Been running on my T2 and it's what I always wanted the phantom system to be.

Attachment Attached File

Lighter, shorter, significantly stronger lock than phantom with no phantom rattle.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:54:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoEffects6] [#10]

I've never seen or had a phantom mount fail. Personally used them since 2009. Can't say the same for every other mount system.
View Quote

I’m not doubting that the phantom system works. I know it does. It’s outdated. I ditched it because weight and length. I also think YHM will eventually switch to the sRx system with their suppressors.

ETA: YHM will ship suppressors with the sRx instead of phantom.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoEffects6:

It’s an old outdated system with parts that wear if you actually use it.  It’s also needlessly long and heavy, and you get nothing in return for those penalties over something more modern.

Plan A is where it’s at OP.  Lightweight, nearly as short as DT, nothing to wear or damage.  The old Phantom QD system is worse in literally every possible category.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Rearden or SRX.  Original phantom mounts are heavy, have notches that wear out and springs that fail.  Taper mount is superior in every way.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:58:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Ran the Griffin mount and muzzle device today. No complaints
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:
Rearden or SRX.  Original phantom mounts are heavy, have notches that wear out and springs that fail.  Taper mount is superior in every way.
View Quote

I run the Rearden on a plan B mount
https://www.reardenmfg.com/product/fhd-ht-flash-hider-2/
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top