BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/4/2024 8:53:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10-8DoWork]
I'm looking for a 2-10x scope for a 14.5" 5.56 rifle. This will be paired with an RDS at 12 o'clock with either a Badger or Reptilia mount.

My budget for the scope is $1,000 or under. I'm looking at the following:
* Vortex Viper EBR 2-10 (The tall elevation turret may obscure RDS at 12)
* Trijicon Credo 2.5-10 (pretty much eliminated this one due to lack of parallax adjustment)
* Primary Arms GLX 2.5-10

Do you guys have any input on these scopes or others that I may have missed?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Burris get good reviews and have a couple worth looking at.

https://www.burrisoptics.com/site-search?ss360Query=2.5-10%20adjustable%20objective
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Sent you a IM
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 10-8DoWork:
I'm looking for a 2-10x scope for a 14.5" 5.56 rifle. This will be paired with an RDS at 12 o'clock with either a Badger or Reptilia mount.

* Trijicon Credo 2.5-10 (pretty much eliminated this one due to lack of parallax adjustment)

View Quote

If that has the ^ reticle, I would immediately strike it from the list.  Piss poor reticle for long distance accuracy.  I have one in a 5x prism, would rather have anything else.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#4]
SWFA 2.5-10, but depending on your use, the plex reticle may not be what you're looking for
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

If that has the ^ reticle, I would immediately strike it from the list.  Piss poor reticle for long distance accuracy.  I have one in a 5x prism, would rather have anything else.
View Quote

It is a 10X optic, going on a 14.5. I don’t think we are going long distance with this.

I think it’s hasty ranging aids and rough bdc are pretty useful on a 14.5 that you don’t want to mess with dialing or remembering holds with, but would like a decent level of magnification/accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:14:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#6]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 10-8DoWork:

Opinions vary.  It's actually my own personal favorite - but only in the Griffen reticle option.  It's one of very few to have a good obnoxious fast acquisition 2.5x CQB, while at the same time at 10x has a pretty nice Christmas tree.  Again, that is particular only to the Griffen reticle - i dont care foe the other reticle options on this scope.  Some.people hate the Chevron.  I don't mind it, but can appreciate its not for everybody.  Once zoomed in to 10x, the tiny precision aspects you didn't even see at 2.5x show up nicely, while at 10x the obnoxious CQB reticle component zooms out to the edges, and you don't even see that part anymore.  It's a great design.  That nobody else does.

My only real issue is it's a pretty big scope for a 14.5 rig.  I bought them when PA was dumping them cheap due to a trademark issue they had to correct.  And run on a 20" Grendel and a 20" Creedmoor.   Where they serve me well.  Logic being 2.5x while afoot for fast target acquisition and obnoxious reticle at a jump shot.  The vast bulk of FFP scopes IMHO fail at this on the low end.  And then zoom up ton10x on location.  The 6.5CM is a bullpup. And actually shorter than a 14.5" M4 (yet has a 20" CM barrel).  That one is fun, because in my testing, you can CQB almost as fast and effectively at that 2.5x, and it's the same reticle as PA's 2.5x CQB.  bullpups are slow to shoulder, but once up, they are FAST - and the MDR series is one of the more pleasant with milder recoil than most .308 class guns.   140 gr 20" CQB shorter and as fast as an M4?  Yes please.  PA's 2.5-10x let's me do that (Griffen)
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Bakke1:

It is a 10X optic, going on a 14.5. I don’t think we are going long distance with this.

I think it’s hasty ranging aids and rough bdc are pretty useful on a 14.5 that you don’t want to mess with dialing or remembering holds with, but would like a decent level of magnification/accuracy.
View Quote

Long distance to me is anything over 300 yards and that is well within the capabilities.  You are going to have to calculate the BDC stadia for your load so you will have to remember "holds", BDC is never precise.  The ^ simply sux if you want to shoot small groups, which is the definition of accuracy.  If you just want speed, without precision, it will work fine for you.  I require more than that from an MPVO
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Long distance to me is anything over 300 yards and that is well within the capabilities.  You are going to have to calculate the BDC stadia for your load so you will have to remember "holds", BDC is never precise.  The ^ simply sux if you want to shoot small groups, which is the definition of accuracy.  If you just want speed, without precision, it will work fine for you.  I require more than that from an MPVO
View Quote

I think the reasoning is that you are going to have to establish holds regardless, unless you are shooting a mil acog with mil ammo. So it’s fairly simple to say, my hold for 400 yards, is just above my 400 yard has mark on the BDC. In my slightly stupid brain, that works out to pretty easy shooting, especially when you are just using this to ring man sized steel at ranges a red dot won’t get you to. I don’t think everyone wants to just shoot tiny groups at distance, and the PA would not be the perfect choice for that. But if you want a scope that will help you get hits on targets, I think it performs that job intuitively and well.

I disagree about the chevron. I really liked them in acogs, and I think if the concept of how they work  makes sense to you, the user, they work really well in a lot of situations. But, I don’t give a shit about, “precision” from a 2-10.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried the Credo and really wished it had parallax adjustment.  Ended up selling it.  Currently have the PA and really like it.  The chevron bothered me at first, but I've grown ambivalent about it.  When you are shooting at a target distant enough to be bothered by the chevron, you're using the BDC tree anyways, so it doesn't matter (for me--I'm not dialing with it).  For playing gun games, the BDC is accurate enough to get me out to 600 on torso-sized targets with ball ammo, which is perfectly acceptable, and was what I was looking for in a scope.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#10]
But, I don’t give a shit about, “precision” from a 2-10.
View Quote

I guess we all have our priorities, or lack thereof...
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#11]
The Meopta 2-10 looks good, other than the unimpressive reticle.

Athlon has a good number of 2-12 options, the BTR gets good reviews, and maybe the Heras.

I have seen none of these in person and can't comment on their quality, though I would rather have the Meopta with an improved reticle.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:12:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Joedirt199] [#12]
I am always impressed with the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 2-10. Yes it is heavy but most of the weight carries in the eye piece so the weight is over the grip, has parallax and at 2x has a large view that works well with close up shots.  Off notches between illumination dots. A used one is hard to beat for price. My 14.5" BCM ELW sports mine with a set of magpul offset sights.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#13]

I guess we all have our priorities, or lack thereof...
View Quote

M855 is what most of my ammo is, ain’t nothing precise going on there I just like the 2-10 for the extended range that I can see, and reliably ring steel with. I don’t need to shoot tiny groups, there is no where flat in my AO to reliably prone out to squeeze accuracy. The ACSS as a whole works pretty well for my use.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a Credo 2-10, PST2 2-10 and Swampfox Kentucky Long 2-12 (with the Recce MIL reticle).

I returned the Trij, I couldn’t get past the lack of parallax adjustment.

The PST and KL are almost identical in weight. With both at 10x the PST has slightly better glass but not so much better as to double the price of the KL. The PST at 10x compared to the KL at 12x shows more disparity in glass quality favoring the PST but the KL is perfectly usable at 12x. The KL has much better illumination (daylight bright) and that coupled with the Recce MIL reticle makes it quicker/easier to use at low magnification. The PST has better turrets.

A buddy has the KL 5-30x and the glass is almost unusable above ~20x so I didn’t have super high expectations for the 2-12x but it is quickly becoming one of my favorite scopes, especially for the price (mine was $390 shipped).
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

The Chevron would only be used for long distance targets if one is dialing.  

In my case being mounted on a 12.5” Grendel using approximately a 30/270 Chevron-zero the ranging / drop tree lines up pretty good.  I can get optically ranged center hits on full silhouettes out to 600 yards without math.  Farther holdovers you need to mil / math / spot error or use a LRF and a ballistic app.  The max ordinate with this extreme zeroing scheme sits near 12 o’clock on the horse shoe and is no worse than a lot of MPBR zeroing schemes for a large vitals zone.

For a 14.5” 5.56 the drop tree can be tuned via zeroing to be very close to the reticle marked / ranged distance.

For precision the Chevron requires more cant awareness and observing where the pyramid registers against the aim point for consistent hold.  Easier on lots of paper targets than low contrast field conditions where extended cross hairs can get picked up easier in better contrast areas far off the target.  The donut sort of helps in those cases but it isn’t precise. It’s not a reticle for shooting groups.

So I like the Griffin reticle version for what it is, what it costs, and how it functions for how I use it. A lot depends on your intended use and legitimately a lifetime behind crosshairs is a reason not to like a Chevron.

I have no idea if it would meet the OP’s requirements. Dark Lord of Optics & SupersetCA both have videos on it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:

In my case being mounted on a 12.5” Grendel using approximately a 30/270 Chevron-zero the ranging / drop tree lines up pretty good.  I can get optically ranged center hits on full silhouettes out to 600 yards without math.  Farther holdovers you need to mil / math / spot error or use a LRF and a ballistic app.  The max ordinate with this extreme zeroing scheme sits near 12 o’clock on the horse shoe and is no worse than a lot of MPBR zeroing schemes for a large vitals zone.

For a 14.5” 5.56 the drop tree can be tuned via zeroing to be very close to the reticle marked / ranged distance.

For precision the Chevron requires more cant awareness and observing where the pyramid registers against the aim point for consistent hold.  Easier on lots of paper targets than low contrast field conditions where extended cross hairs can get picked up easier in better contrast areas far off the target.  The donut sort of helps in those cases but it isn’t precise. It’s not a reticle for shooting groups.

So I like the Griffin reticle version for what it is, what it costs, and how it functions for how I use it. A lot depends on your intended use and legitimately a lifetime behind crosshairs is a reason not to like a Chevron.

I have no idea if it would meet the OP’s requirements. Dark Lord of Optics & SupersetCA both have videos on it.
View All Quotes

Yea,
The tip of the Chevron at high mag isn't that hard to use.  Works fine for me.

And I have friends who absolutely hate it.  Just varies.  TBH, I'd prefer a fine small cross, but it works well enough for me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:50:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#17]

View Quote

But why bother when a crosshair would work better?!?  
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:01:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#18]
Recently got a credo. Happy with the glass for the cost.  I haven’t found the lack of parallax adjustment to be an issue.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#19]
My answer would hinge on how you intend to use the red dot.

Like is the 2x going to be used more than the RDS, the RDS being a passive NV thing only?

Or are you going to train contact drills going to the red dot and you will sit on 5x or 10x on the scope most of the time?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 2:57:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin72] [#20]
Would you consider a 1-10, OP? The reason I ask is that I have heard decent things about these and they are under your price range:

Athlon Ares 1-10x24

Just another idea if you don't have your heart set on anything and since it's 1x, you won't need the RDS piggybacking.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Credo 2-10x36. The greater depth of field and smaller objective makes the lack of parallax a non-issue as long as you take the time to set the diopter properly.

The Leupold Mk4hd 2.5-10x42 would be another one to consider if you don't mind the reticle, no parallax adjustment either, has a larger objective and the parallax is set at 150 yards instead of 100 like many fixed types, so the error is slightly less overall.

The PST 2-10 is also very good, just a tiny bit heavy and the glass has slightly less IQ than the Credo when I compared them together. The PA 2.5-10 is probably about the same quality considering where they're made, and I think it weighs an oz or two less.

Picking out the right MPVO is fairly subjective. There is no perfect MPVO, except the NF NXS 2.5-10x comes pretty close.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:16:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#22]
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
Would you consider a 1-10, OP? The reason I ask is that I have heard decent things about these and they are under your price range:

Athlon Ares 1-10x24

Just another idea if you don't have your heart set on anything and since it's 1x, you won't need the RDS piggybacking.
View Quote

I do like what Athlon offers as I own 4 of their optics, including a Midas BTR 1-6x, but an MPVO is generally better at magnifications above 6x than an LPVO.  You get better glass for the same money, better eye box and better low light capability.  Unless you put a premium on 1x, there is little point in an LPVO.  You can add a piggy back rds and still come in lighter than an LPVO and have instant 1x bright reticle and 10x magnification changes.  You could even eschew illumination in the scope and save even more weight.

25.9 ounces w/o mount, oof

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 12:55:27 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

The mil radian spaced hold over tree has cross hairs.  I agree a fine center cross hair with subtension scales would be useful and familiar but haven’t found the Chevron to be significant for practical accuracy (chevron used only out to MPBR).  All optics have trade offs.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:51:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#24]
I love my credo 2.5-10

I find the glass to be better than my nightforce shv 4-14

I've shot from 100 yards to 615 with the AR that has it and have never really felt like I needed the parallax adjustment.

Just my opinion. The Credo line punches above its weight class imo.  I'm thinking about trading the nightforce for a tenmile.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
Recently got a credo. Happy with the glass for the cost.  I haven’t found the lack of parallax adjustment to be an issue.
View Quote

This. I also like my vudu 2-10 but some may not like the lack of Christmas tree reticle.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I've got a Credo 2-10 coming to try out. I'll post my feedback when I get it. The reviews from people that own one are really good.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Tagging
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:10:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Jeeper21:
There is no perfect MPVO, except the NF NXS 2.5-10x comes pretty close.
View Quote

I have a NXS 2.5-10x42mm.
It needs a windage cap and the FC-DMX reticle. I'm not sad about SFP.

I want a  March Dual Focal Plane 1.5-15x42mm w/capped turrets. It's tree reticle was redesigned by DLO.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Curious about the Credo at 2x and how visible the reticle is.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:03:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gman556] [#30]
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
Curious about the Credo at 2x and how visible the reticle is.
View Quote

I had one and it was barely visible unless it was cloudy out and you had the illumination on. If your looking though it on a bright day it sucks ass. It is doable but it does suck.

If 1x is also concern you are definitely going to want to piggyback or offset with one of these but it is a phenomenal scope as far as I'm concerned.

Been thinking of going back to one of these with a piggyback rds.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#31]
With the field of view and a reticle that is visible on the Vortex 2-10 at 2x, I am debating even adding a 12 oclock reddot. Just wish it wasn't so heavy.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I have the Viper PST2 2-10x and I really like it.  I have it now on my SCAR17.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 1:46:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodi] [#33]
I have a Viper PST, gen 1, 2-10 x 32, vortex branded qd mount, switchview throw lever, Tenebraex flip caps , and ARD, all new, with box and papers that I am going to sell.
Never used.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Since when is the strength of a 14.5 long distance accuracy? Also, I happen to like the inverted v. Quick to pick up and good med/short, which is likely the proper use case for a 14.5. to each his own, but if this is a defensive gun, it seems a good candidate unless you hate the reticle. If you are trying to stack dimes on paper then maybe not, but sure seems to work hitting steel just fine and I didn't have problems working up loads with it either. The primary arms glx scopes are a pretty good value in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:12:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#35]
Originally Posted By devildog93:

Since when is the strength of a 14.5 long distance accuracy? Also, I happen to like the inverted v. Quick to pick up and good med/short, which is likely the proper use case for a 14.5. to each his own, but if this is a defensive gun, it seems a good candidate unless you hate the reticle. If you are trying to stack dimes on paper then maybe not, but sure seems to work hitting steel just fine and I didn't have problems working up loads with it either. The primary arms glx scopes are a pretty good value in my opinion.
View Quote

That is the beauty of having options.  A simple dot would be faster than that ^, and a crosshair more accurate.  A crosshair with illuminated dot would be near-perfection.  You go ahead and limit your possibilities based on some artificial limitations, I will always try to expand the possibilities.  I see people say things like "my range only goes to 300 so that is all I am concerned with".  To me that is idiotic.  You may need to stretch that rifle beyond that limitation one day, so why put yourself in a box.

U do U
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By R3L04D:
SWFA 2.5-10, but depending on your use, the plex reticle may not be what you're looking for
View Quote

I have the SWFA 2.5-10x with the BDC reticle, and it's pretty dang close with my 13.9"" and 62gr ammo.  At 9.5 oz, OP can add a red dot and still be lighter than most LPVOs.

The other scope I'd recommend are the Athlon Helos BTR 2-12x.  I've been impressed with Athlon quality on the Ares BTR, and the Helos reticle is dang near perfect for a general purpose AR.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#37]
I've had the Viper PST Gen 2 2-10 w/ MRAD reticle. Great glass, clean reticle. The only deal breaker was the non-locking turrets, which was....a deal breaker.

I have a few of the GLX 2.5-10x44s with the Raptor reticle. The Griffin mil takes up too much space under the horizontal crosshair for me. Do I LOVE the chevron tip? No. I really wish it was a simple crosshair or dot at the tip. That said, it covers all the other bases.

I'd love to try an NXS 2.5-10, or the T6Xi 2.5-15.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:

I have a NXS 2.5-10x42mm.https://i.imgur.com/X5FEEEc.jpeg
It needs a windage cap and the FC-DMX reticle. I'm not sad about SFP.

I want a  March Dual Focal Plane 1.5-15x42mm w/capped turrets. It's tree reticle was redesigned by DLO.
View Quote

Do you feel like the FOV is adequate on the NF? Even being SFP is the reticle clearly visible and not too thin?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BruceLeroy:

Do you feel like the FOV is adequate on the NF?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BruceLeroy:

Do you feel like the FOV is adequate on the NF?

Yea it works alright for up drills on well defined targets @2.5x

Even being SFP is the reticle clearly visible and not too thin?

The illumination is decent, but without illumination it would struggle with things like aiming into a busy tree line hastily at 50-100 yards.That's why I have a T2 on my setup. And that is what I typically do up drills with.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:43:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sniper3142] [#40]

View Quote

People who haven't pushed an AR to it's limits (even with a 14.5 inch barrel) should take a look at Quantified Performance or similar DMR matches to see what a skilled person can do with such a setup.  

Engaging targets out to 600 or even 700 yards can and does happen.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:

People who haven't pushed an AR to it's limits (even with a 14.5 inch barrel) should take a look at Quantified Performance or similar DMR matches to see what a skilled person can do with such a setup.  

Engaging targets out to 600 or even 700 yards can and does happen.

View Quote

You can certainly hit things that far away. But no one would tell you 5.56 gun in any barrel length is the correct tool for 700 yards.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#42]

You can certainly hit things that far away. But no one would tell you 5.56 gun in any barrel length is the correct tool for 700 yards.
View Quote

Sometimes the only tool for the job is the one you have and you make it work.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#43]
73gr ELDM is still within its upset/frag threshold out a little past 600 yds for where I shoot, and is a 5mph wind gun in an 18" barrel. That's better than the normal hunting ammo a buddy uses in his .30-06.

A lot more people from arfcom should go check out the .223 for hunting thread on rokslide. Lots of dead moose, elk, deer, and bear to attest to the performance of good bullets in an easy to shoot cartridge like the .223. Some of them are pretty far out there.

For those talking about the credo not being an option due to the lack of parallax adjustment, how has that impacted your shooting at distance? I've killed animals out to just under 500 with first round hits in the vitals using a scope with fixed parallax, hasn't been a problem for me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#44]
I have a Gen1 Viper Pst on my 16in 308 that is one of my main hunting rifles.  Being using it for years now.  Great glass for the money.

Most of my shooting is 200yds or less and I rarely use the x10.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Mounted my Credo 2-10 on a 16” rifle. Haven’t had a chance to take it to the range yet unfortunately. Glassing around the property with it, it looks really good once the diopter is set. On 2x the reticle is really too small for precise shots but the thick lines make it seem appropriate for close range shots. The reticle starts being usable at about 4x. Glass is really nice.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:03:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PacNW5] [#46]
Originally Posted By TexAg10:
73gr ELDM is still within its upset/frag threshold out a little past 600 yds for where I shoot, and is a 5mph wind gun in an 18" barrel. That's better than the normal hunting ammo a buddy uses in his .30-06.

A lot more people from arfcom should go check out the .223 for hunting thread on rokslide. Lots of dead moose, elk, deer, and bear to attest to the performance of good bullets in an easy to shoot cartridge like the .223. Some of them are pretty far out there.

For those talking about the credo not being an option due to the lack of parallax adjustment, how has that impacted your shooting at distance? I've killed animals out to just under 500 with first round hits in the vitals using a scope with fixed parallax, hasn't been a problem for me.
View Quote

I've shot a 1-8 LPVO out to 650y on a 66% IPSC target on the clock at both Run-N-Gun and Hard As Hell. LPVOs typically have fixed parallax at 150Y so you'll want to ensure that you have the most stable position you can find (ie prone, modified prone) to help negate the effects of parallax.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:

I've shot a 1-8 LPVO out to 650y on a 66% IPSC target on the clock at both Run-N-Gun and Hard As Hell. LPVOs typically have fixed parallax at 150Y so you'll want to ensure that you have the most stable position you can find (ie prone, modified prone) to help negate the effects of parallax.
View Quote

Thank you, proper head position is definitely important. I've shot an NX8 1-8 to 600 and a SWFA 3-9 to 800ish without issue. What I'm getting at is what, specifically, are the problems experienced with the 2-10 credo not having parallax adjustment that caused people to sell them? Did they miss shots with the credo they made with similar scopes due to parallax?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TexAg10:

Thank you, proper head position is definitely important. I've shot an NX8 1-8 to 600 and a SWFA 3-9 to 800ish without issue. What I'm getting at is what, specifically, are the problems experienced with the 2-10 credo not having parallax adjustment that caused people to sell them? Did they miss shots with the credo they made with similar scopes due to parallax?
View Quote

I think you're correct in that parallax won't affect most shooters at most distances, though it's largely dependent on target size.  I'm a 2gun/3gun guy but started shooting PRS to see how those guys shoot long range, especially how to mitigate parallax. After getting some pointers on how to use the parallax error calculator, it looked to me that you get up to 2 inches of parallax error once you hit 700 yards. So, not that big of a difference.

It could be that having the requirement for a parallax adjustment has less to do with mitigating parallax vs just having the most clearly resolved target with its background.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jhon:
Mounted my Credo 2-10 on a 16” rifle. Haven’t had a chance to take it to the range yet unfortunately. Glassing around the property with it, it looks really good once the diopter is set. On 2x the reticle is really too small for precise shots but the thick lines make it seem appropriate for close range shots. The reticle starts being usable at about 4x. Glass is really nice.
View Quote

What do you think about the illumination? Does it give you a glowing mass on 2x? How bright would you say it is. It’s sounds more and more like what I’m looking for.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 3-gun:

What do you think about the illumination? Does it give you a glowing mass on 2x? How bright would you say it is. It’s sounds more and more like what I’m looking for.
View Quote

Bright daylight it's visible as a deep maroon. Provides just enough contrast on 2x to see the fine reticle in conditions where it may not be visible at all. For lower light (like late evening) it can be way too bright on max.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top