Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/7/2024 12:17:27 PM EDT
Looking for recommendations for a dedicated case for SBR AR15 22LR with a folding stock. I currently don't have the overall length as I type.....

What are yall using who has the same size guns?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:04:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#1]
I have several soft nylon gun cases by Uncle Mikes that have external pocket and five mag pouches.   I have a 12” AR-15 pistol and I have aMidway USA soft nylon gun case that is 29” long and has three external mag pouches.   I checked and Midway is out of stock but there were a couple similar size cases available on Amazon.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939143291?pid=944248

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Pelican Cases
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you looking for something that looks like a gun case or something more incognito?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Need more details but I like the pelican vault series

V700 is their case for 16 in ARs.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:56:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#5]
Midway USA discreet rifle case.

These are very durable and I have several in different lengths. I see they are on sale again, I just ordered 4 more.

Yard sale is coming up, I need to sell off all my oddball cases that are hanging in the back room closet.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RockSix:
Pelican Cases
View Quote
I stopped using these for rifles.  I bang up walls, corners of the hallway, and vehicles with hard cases.  They have their place, but I got rid of most of mine. I can throw a stack of soft cases in the back seat of my truck without breaking things.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:14:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By s4s4u:
Are you looking for something that looks like a gun case or something more incognito?
View Quote
I bought a hard case at a swap meet for $5.  It is a SKB golf bag travel case.  I didn't want it.......but five bucks, dammit!!!!   You can discreetly roll out several rifles in soft cases and people think you are going  golfing.  Plus, you can store several empty soft cases inside. These are cheap gun show soft cases I bought because they were cheap, had good stitching, and heavy duty zippers.  

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I always got a weird look first time I go to an indoor range with the golf travel case.   They get it when you open the case and it has 2 or 3 SBR's and several pistols.    It's that Aha look on the face.    If you can find a laptop bag, not a "backpack" for a wide screen laptop that is wide enough to separate upper from lower it works great.  Only for SBR or Pistol AR.    Went to PSA in Myrtle Beach To see if they had a 51 t flashider For AAC SDN- 6 for a 556 barrel.   I wanted to compare it with the one from an original AAC 300 BO.    I told clerk I would be back in a minute to compare them.   When I came back he had one of the managers there that had been with PSA for a while.   I laid the case up on the counter unzipped it and pulled the upper out.   He looked at me and said, I have never seen anyone bring an AR into the store or range in a computer bag.   I then pulled out the SDN 6 from one of the pockets that were lined all round the case.   I then showed him all the mags that were in the pockets.   6 or 8 I believe. Yes, they were all empty.  The upper also had a 1X6 Vortex on it.   Told him I didn't see the point of advertising I was carrying a gun when I walk out of my house.   All about being discreet.   All My AR's reside in laptop cases.   One of my cases came from work, one was new, and the best one of all came out of a military surplus store.   I paid 20 bucks for the golf case.   The guy that purchased it had to cancel his trip.  Never used it.   The key was still taped to the lid inside.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I use vertx backpacks for my pistols. Can get them at a few different spots.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:39:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#10]
A mechanic shop next to my wood shop threw an old Dewalt cordless grease gun in the dumpster and I saw it when I threw some scrap.  I Dremel'd out the partitions and cut some foam to fit.

Voila, a "pistol" case.

Just hope that no tool whores see it in my truck
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a couple of these. I have one for SBR's and one that will hold longer rifles.

Double Gun Case
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks ya'll for your advice and custom ideas.

I went ahead and picked up a Midway Discreet case. It fits my side folder perfectly.

I'll keep an eye out on non-gun cases for a custom case build later.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top