Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2024 3:51:14 PM EDT
I was looking around at some random web gear the other day and came across this sling:

Lunar Concepts Contour Sling

Looks pretty interesting and probably super comfortable for situations where you may have a rifle hanging on you all day (at the range, class work, selling girl scout cookies...) and I'm thinking bout grabbing one.  I've seen a couple of good reviews on YouTube, but anyone running one of these on a regular basis?  Pros and Cons?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Might be great for some, I've never liked the pre-angled & padded slings very much.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Coolin_Homie:
Might be great for some, I've never liked the pre-angled & padded slings very much.
View Quote

Yeah, that's what is nagging me as well... I always end up with the old BFG Vickers.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SnaitN:
I was looking around at some random web gear the other day and came across this sling:

Looks pretty interesting and probably super comfortable for situations where you may have a rifle hanging on you all day (at the range, class work, selling girl scout cookies...) and I'm thinking bout grabbing one.  I've seen a couple of good reviews on YouTube, but anyone running one of these on a regular basis?  Pros and Cons?  Thanks!
View Quote

It's a good sling, I run a couple, it's great in classes.  

Then again, I'm biased, the guy that used to manage my local club range was Ben from Wise Men Company, and I take classes with the Barrel & Hatchet guys, who also run that sling.  Not only does the padding help, the angle just makes sling manipulations much easier, and it hangs better, less twisting, that sort of thing.  

It's not perfect, it's doesn't stow as cleanly as a non-angled sling, and there are other length adjustment mechanisms I like better (though there are also a lot that I like a lot less).  But well worth the money, get one and try it out, you probably won't hate it.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:56:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Croak:

Then again, I'm biased, the guy that used to manage my local club range was Ben from Wise Men Company, and I take classes with the Barrel & Hatchet guys, who also run that sling.  Not only does the padding help, the angle just makes sling manipulations much easier, and it hangs better, less twisting, that sort of thing.  

It's not perfect, it's doesn't stow as cleanly as a non-angled sling, and there are other length adjustment mechanisms I like better (though there are also a lot that I like a lot less).  But well worth the money, get one and try it out, you probably won't hate it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Croak:
Originally Posted By SnaitN:

I’ve got one as well and pretty much completely agree. I’d like to get a few more, but already have more slings than rifles to put them on.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top