Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2024 11:41:44 AM EDT
Any good leads on instock magazines or decent wraps for 30 round magazines in Woodland pattern?  I missed the duramag lineup and the Amend2 release. I wasn't thrilled with amend2 but would have grabbed a few.  Their monthly specials do not get much add or notice and sure don't last long.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
HydroDip kit from Amazon is pretty cheap. Bought a Multicam hydrdip kit recently. Been thinking of dipping a few Magpul FDE mags in it.
Online tips say dipping a lighter color item gives the best results. So I'm going to try 2 or 3 mags then a Magpul FDE furniture set if it turns out good.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50cal:
HydroDip kit from Amazon is pretty cheap. Bought a Multicam hydrdip kit recently. Been thinking of dipping a few Magpul FDE mags in it.
Online tips say dipping a lighter color item gives the best results. So I'm going to try 2 or 3 mags then a Magpul FDE furniture set if it turns out good.
View Quote

Thank you, I may look into this.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone used Culper Precision before or familiar with them?
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 1:50:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Duramag has recently done a run of m81. I didnt get any - yet - but they looked good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mediumdaddy:
Duramag has recently done a run of m81. I didnt get any - yet - but they looked good.
View Quote

Thanks, they have been OOS for a bit also
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 3:25:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 3:26:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#9]
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:

@A-10
JFE Enterprises.... they will make danged near any "pattern" you want. ( Heck, these might be who made the Duramag ones )
Be sure to look around the website... they have ALL sorts of coated items , one of those I didn't know I needed that websites.
Also , JFE doesn't have various things just waiting for us... IE it will take a little longer then Amazon Prime for shipping , Lol

https://jfeusa.com/5-pack-m-81-woodland-cpd-duramag-ar15-m4-aluminum-magazines/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By A-10:
Any good leads on instock magazines or decent wraps for 30 round magazines in Woodland pattern?  I missed the duramag lineup and the Amend2 release. I wasn't thrilled with amend2 but would have grabbed a few.  Their monthly specials do not get much add or notice and sure don't last long.

@A-10
JFE Enterprises.... they will make danged near any "pattern" you want. ( Heck, these might be who made the Duramag ones )
Be sure to look around the website... they have ALL sorts of coated items , one of those I didn't know I needed that websites.
Also , JFE doesn't have various things just waiting for us... IE it will take a little longer then Amazon Prime for shipping , Lol

https://jfeusa.com/5-pack-m-81-woodland-cpd-duramag-ar15-m4-aluminum-magazines/

Thank you, I was leary of that site. Have you ordered from them in the past?  I may take a chance on one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Just to be clear the JFE mags are hydro dipped and Duramag are anodized.

I had JFE dip a stock for me a little over a year ago. Far from perfect but not terrible.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:23:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Because I don't know... how does some one anodize all the different colors on a mag ?

I thought it was one color only per part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -MainDisconnect-:
Just to be clear the JFE mags are hydro dipped and Duramag are anodized.

I had JFE dip a stock for me a little over a year ago. Far from perfect but not terrible.

Because I don't know... how does some one anodize all the different colors on a mag ?

I thought it was one color only per part.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top