Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2024 11:22:11 PM EDT
Trying to update a M951 with a an old Surefire P60 bulb but I am having trouble getting the Solarforce P60 LED to fit. It’s as if the LED drop in is too long.

What am I doing wrong?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:57:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: douglasmorris99] [#1]
had a similar issue.  truly can't remember the outcome.

thinking I gave up and bought the more expensive ones from Lumens Factory.
but it's been a minute and i'm old..

i have upgraded 10 660 military classics and 3 m951/961 variants, all with Lumens Factory bulbs with zero issues

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:12:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Disco_Stu_TX:
Trying to update a M951 with a an old Surefire P60 bulb but I am having trouble getting the Solarforce P60 LED to fit. It’s as if the LED drop in is too long.

What am I doing wrong?
View Quote

There should be two springs on that Solarforce assembly. A larger outer spring and a smaller inner spring.  Remove the larger spring and it will fit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Epyon:

There should be two springs on that Solarforce assembly. A larger outer spring and a smaller inner spring.  Remove the larger spring and it will fit.
View Quote

That helps, it looks like I have the older “fat body” Style m951. I also had to remove a plastic piece that was in between the body and the bezel.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Disco_Stu_TX:

What am I doing wrong?

THATS IT!!!!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top