Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 5 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Excellent pic and groups.  Which/what lower did you form 1 for the 10.5" CQB.  I'm all about the SBRs.  

Cheers

Originally Posted By TRIDENT1982:
Thanks for the kind words

Off the top of my mind, your the only other gent I can remember is recent memory actually posting a true sub moa 10rd. group pic besides Molon himself....Its hard to believe that we have this much internet space dedicated to pontificating the topic of ARs yet honest group pics are more rare than Jane Goodall's band of Guerrilla's

Those two groups of yours I am referring to is a MK262 10rd group that is well under moa with all holes touching using your awesome limited ed. FDE noveske SPR and then the second one is from recently and its a 10rd. group fired with your EMC that is simply sick.  The first group was done with a "Dirty Ghey Bird/Jboy Special" target which obviously makes it a whole lot cooler than your recent group I saw done w. a 6" shoot n see.

Next time your at your local ammo honeyhole if you do not find the hornady vmax 55gr. in stock shoot me a PM or email and I can just send you one box so that you can actually give it a go before having to deal with the burden and potential waste of cash if ordering ammo online.  I seriously have no problem sending you some to try as I would be very interested to see it group outta your noveske spr esp.  I bet you shoot nothing but straight EMC heat these days so whenever you get done playing w. your new piece of fine china, the avg. man's hornady 55gr. vmax will be waiting on you.

pic
http://i55.tinypic.com/347zk46.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/9abkae.jpg

Link Posted: 10/9/2010 5:02:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#2]
Thanks pal....did you read in the kac forum where here shortly, prob. after shot in Jan., KAC is gonna release complete SBR SR 15's (11.5")?  Your not called the micro man for no reason, you def. have earned the ultra rare SBR Guru/Magician status

My very first stamp is for a LMT lower, however its def. the very last lower I will ever own that is not an IWS complete(besides the obvious A,B and C series magpul lowers) and my ultimate SBR in theory will have to have the IWS over the LMT but it was easier to go ahead and do the LMT since my local store is a LMT dealer.

eta....Mark, when you have fielded your new Seekonk Torque wrench model enough to give it your potential endorsement let me know if you dont mind as I really like the looks and specs and most importantly the price tag on your unit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 6:40:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#3]
TRident, I like it, really compact, although it has a different "click vs. my t handle for the Rem 700 action screws. I think it's well worth it, especially the size and price.

I got the 6.8 worked out today, tried the H buffer in it as I tuned in the Aimpoint. It was short stroking with it, put in the standard buffer and all was well. I may try it again later on once the parts get broken in some more, although, I may not need to at all. Maybe the enhanced LMT bolt doesn't need it?

ANyhow, chrono'ed the SSA Barnes 85 grain Tactical Load, using the TSX bullet, averaged out 5 shots at 2999 FPS, 10" from the muzzle. I'm very happy with that-very accurate load as well. I did have one blown primer, the primers on the SSA loads didn't seem flattened, looked the same as the Sierra Pro Hunters, also in "Tactical Load"

I checked zero at 25, went back to 100 and very strange grouping. Windage was right on at 25 and 1 1/2" low. 100 was 1" right and 3" high? Anyhow, tweaked it and it was fine thereafter. Anyhow, I wish I saved that target as 4 rounds were right at 1", slightly less actually. My son's stick was right on doing the same drill and normally my 5.56 guns are also, oh well.

What I did save was my deer target were I shot 6 rounds at various distances and positions, nothing far, just relative to where i hunt. 35 offhand to 50 kneeling , 75 kneeling and 100 supported against a pole to simulate a tree lean. I was very suprised, I aimed center mass as I saw it, not at the little circles. since I can't see them anyhow.
My sons target is shown also, he's 13, and getting there.-also used an Aimpoint.

I'm debating an optics choice, have the NF 1-4 with CQB reticle on another carbine. Thinking of using that on this and replacing the NF with another but with a zero stop and mil dot. Still will use the Accupoint 1-4 for my son.

I qouted the Sierra Tactical Load above as I chrono'ed them before and got similiar results. I called SSA and inquired if they sent me standard loads as the TL's should be higher in velocity. I'm convinced that they did in fact screw up and sent me mislabled loads since these are on par with standard loads. Oh well, I'll just shoot them up and use them for positional shooting, etc. Standardize my loads in the process with the 85 or maybe 95 grainers later.

Those Sierra's were 2450 average––not Tact loads if you ask me!

Mark

Link Posted: 10/9/2010 7:24:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#4]
Target pics and a wonderful range report, that is what I figured you would offer to Badness once you joined up  Those are awesome targets....bet they are expensive though.

Thanks bro for the info on the seekonk and I will pick one up sometime over the next month as I need to just bite the bullet and finally get a quality torque wrench and seeing your model w. seekonk's rep. and price tag ard. a bill seems like it should be the perfect unit for my needs.   I still will not be anal about the torque given I have pondered this to death over the last few yrs. and honestly believe that an actual torque wrench is not necessary given one uses common sense and such.

You guys give me fits trying to see the method in your madness in respect to this 6.8spc..  In your case Mark I think I do see a little bit given you are actual gonna be using it to harvest deer.  Not saying that the justification is not there somewhere for this round but I have yet to grasp its relatively large popularity.

eta...a son is blessed who has a pops to take him shooting and teach him about firearms.....a son whose pops happens to pack MRPs at the range trips is just damn lucky
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 8:17:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#5]
I do like the 6.8 for the compact hunting carbine. I decided to use the 16" barrel vs. the 12.5 with my SBR, although I may add that barrel to the stable and use that next year. We decided to give the bolt guns a rest this year and try these out. We worked out the wheel guns also. My carry load is the 270 GDSP(Speer Gold Dot Soft Point) Checked my sights at 25 on a 3" dot-both in, them used mild reloads to practice some. My son was havng a fit with the Glock 34 then I got him on the 686 and worked up to full power loads and he was smacking the plates on double action-give that boy a revolver!

Would I use the 6.8 if I didn't hunt? Not really sure biut it gives you an option in regards to a bigger caliber in the same compact modular platform.

I told him that the next practice session before we go out will be positional shooting again but with the 5.56-alot cheaper!

I do take the opportunity that I have to do things with him. He likes this stuff and does really well for his age, fun indeed.

I forget what those targets cost, got a few and we use a couple per season. Tune the sights on a small dot and do the test shots on a realistic target that in a sense doesn't have an aiming point, just center mass. I think it gives alot of confidence to the shooter knowing the hits are where they need to be under various conditions. We forgot his shooting sticks, they are a great help if used properly.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 7:42:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#6]
Hell, Glock gives anybody fits....luckily there is a badass cure that is very fast acting....its called HKs suckers

I busted the Gunny's balls when he was at my local funstore dressed up like a damn glock billboard, so nobody is immune  I hated to see The Gunny take a check and throw the Glock hat on but he would still whip my ass with both arms tied and for good measure one leg.

I am such a handgun noob that I know I would look like a complete tool with a 44mag. running full powered loads....holy smokes that thing is a freaking cannon.  Badass though and sho nuff intimating

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I took my MRP with the 20" Noveske barrel out to the range this weekend and found out what she liked and what she didnt like.  Loved 52 grain black hills and Hornady.  Did not like 62 grain Remington match.  Did very well with 69 grain fiocchi.  Also seemed to really like the 77 grain blackhills redbox.  This rifle has really started to grow on me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Since I have been running my 14.5 Noveske VTAC lately my MRP's are feeling a little left out so I thought I would make them feel needed again in the new thread.

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 5:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#10]
Hoochie moma Raizo and D90  Looking good homies.

Link Posted: 10/16/2010 10:27:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jasonusvi] [#11]
Got pinned stock back for MWS and thread adapter from Dennis at DBMG for pistol can.  MRP is in 300BLK mode with 45 pistol can attached for subsonic fun.  Still have not had a chance to shoot the 10.5" Noveske 300BLK because the converted brass I got still need to be sized and have not made decision on dies yet.

18" SS LMT Mid Gas 5.56, use FA carrier and H buffer, perm pws556
16" CL LMT Mid Gas 5.56, use FA carrier and H buffer, A2 hider
14.5" CL LMT Carbine Gas 5.56, use FA carrier and H buffer, perm pws556
14.5" SS LMT Carbine Gas 6.8, use FA carrier and H2/H3 buffer, perm vortex (6.8 mags)
12.5" CL LMT Mid Piston 5.56, use FA piston carrier and H buffer, A2 hider
10.5" SS Noveske Pistol Gas 300BLK, use SA carrier and Carbine buffer, pistol vortex

Link Posted: 10/16/2010 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Now with new KAC scope mount

Link Posted: 10/16/2010 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 5:31:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#14]

Yeah, yeah.....just ask him to take off those new rail covers and then we will see just how beautiful that boomstick really is.  Ok, alright...the same

I just used that OnTarget Precision Calc program I downloaded and its a great resource here were the two 10rd groups from my new Rock 16" SS from first range trip I posted a bit back.

Link Posted: 10/16/2010 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Took the 10.5 MRP out to the range today and put about 200 rds thru it and i am very impressed with the accuracy with reg old factory 55 gr ammo. I only shot it at 50 yards but it printed about .75-1.0 inch 5 rd groups with some cheapo federal and pmc 55 gr ammo.
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By LMT_Guy:
All LMT HERE,four monorail guns
http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af227/mikehollinger30/lmtfam2.jpg

DAMNNNNNNNNN................
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#18]

I guess "LMT_Guy" is a good name for you!

Spooky
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 11:44:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jBoy723] [#19]
Originally Posted By Spooky130:

Spooky

I see why you're screen name is what it is..You should see his KAC collection!! One of the sickest all around AR collections I've seen in awhile and i thought mine was pretty decent..
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

Spooky

I see why you're screen name is what it is..You should see his KAC collection!! One of the sickest all around AR collections I've seen in awhile and i thought mine was pretty decent..

LOL.  My theory is that he is somehow related to both Carl Lewis and Reed Knight based on his badass pile.  I'm surprised Trident did not beat me to this hypothesis/conclusion.  

I too would like to see the whole collection.

Cheers

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

Spooky

LOL.  My theory is that he is somehow related to both Carl Lewis and Reed Knight based on his badass pile.  I'm surprised Trident did not beat me to this hypothesis/conclusion.  

Cheers

I think Trident got booted for comments made in a thread complaining about LMT quality control in the tech forums.

If so, then the Badness thread(s) will be missing a great contributor.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

Spooky

Cheers

I think Trident got booted for comments made in a thread complaining about LMT quality control in the tech forums.

If so, then the Badness thread(s) will be missing a great contributor.

Temporary or permanent?  Damn...he's a good dude.

Cheers

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Cheers

I'm not sure. I clicked on one of his posts to IM or email him and it looks like that can still be done; not that I know what that means exactly.

If it's permanent, maybe we can petition to get him back. He definitely drinks the Kool-Aid (not that I don't either), but he puts up useful range reports, etc. I would hope that his contributions would count for something.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

Cheers

I'm not sure. I clicked on one of his posts to IM or email him and it looks like that can still be done; not that I know what that means exactly.

If it's permanent, maybe we can petition to get him back. He definitely drinks the Kool-Aid (not that I don't either), but he puts up useful range reports, etc. I would hope that his contributions would count for something.

Hopefully he's just in time-out for now, cause definitely posts good stuff...
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Give me till tomorrow and i'll post the hole collection.i am not related to reed knight or carl lewis,beleive it or not.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Give me till tomorrow and i'll post the hole collection.i am not related to reed knight or carl lewis,beleive it or not.

Don't worry, we'll all be here waiting...
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Sweet..Can't wait to see the entire family..
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#28]

Spooky

Cheers

sorry for bad picture.from left to right.
tactical solution 22lr,colt 6920,lmt 16 std,dark earth lmt piston,black lmt piston,18 ss lmt,308 lmt,two mk12 clones,one with a2 stk,other with sopmod,14.5 sbr lmt,de sr15,black sr15,sr25,lmt mk18 mod1 clone,swr 9mm suppressed ,and mk18 mod o upper waiting for tax stamp for lower.
http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af227/mikehollinger30/arfam.jpg
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#29]

Spooky

Cheers

tactical solution 22lr,colt 6920,lmt 16 std,dark earth lmt piston,black lmt piston,18 ss lmt,308 lmt,two mk12 clones,one with a2 stk,other with sopmod,14.5 sbr lmt,de sr15,black sr15,sr25,lmt mk18 mod1 clone,swr 9mm suppressed ,and mk18 mod o upper waiting for tax stamp for lower.

Most excellent.  Nothing like having duplicates of high-end blasters.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#30]

Spooky

Cheers

Thanks for sharing..Which one would you say is your favorite?
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#31]
the dark earth sr15 with triple tap is my favorite
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#33]
LV, Excellent!

Question, will the mini Scout head clear the Troy if you had it forward, leaving the QD slot accessible? I want to run mine on the left(11:00) so I can use my left thumb and still use the QD out front.

Mark
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Mark, unfortunately it wont, hence why I mounted it back so far.
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Dang, I guess the regular Scout would then. I intend to try the railed one and I can have the QD feature with the light fo rmulti use. I think the railed version allows a tad more offset?

Mark
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#36]
What buffer is everyone running for their 10.5 MRP? I guess my ST-2  and Sprinco Buffer spring is too heavy for the 10.5
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By LVdubbin:
Mark, unfortunately it wont, hence why I mounted it back so far.

What you can do, which works well, is mount the Troy sight backwards (also makes deploying BUIS easier) followed by mounting SF light on 12 o'clock rail directly behind BUIS.

Cheers.

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#38]
LMT H buffer/standard recoil spring, LMT M16 BCG, zero failures to feed, fire, or eject, suppressed or not, with M193 - MK262 (no underpowered Wolf/Bear).

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By edwin907:
LMT H buffer/standard recoil spring, LMT M16 BCG, zero failures to feed, fire, or eject, suppressed or not, with M193 - MK262 (no underpowered Wolf/Bear).

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/sniper907/AR/MRP.jpg

That is hot.  What NV is that?  Make any progress on your Noveske 300FB?  I shot mine for the first time this weekend.  I was blown away by how quiet it was (175s at 1075fps).
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone ever run a carry handle and lmt front sight on their full length?  I need sights, but have little to no money, so a carry handle and the shorty front sight seem like a good idea, though I cannot find anyone else that has done it.  I wonder if the carry handle will throw off the mojo.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mercdank:
Anyone ever run a carry handle and lmt front sight on their full length?  I need sights, but have little to no money, so a carry handle and the shorty front sight seem like a good idea, though I cannot find anyone else that has done it.  I wonder if the carry handle will throw off the mojo.

It'll work fine.  The standard rear LMT BUIS is essentially a chopped "carry handle".

Cheers

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#43]

It'll work fine.  The standard rear LMT BUIS is essentially a chopped "carry handle".

Cheers

Post a picture!
Would really like to see what that would look like.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By LOMartin:

Cheers

Post a picture!

Well first I have to buy the stuff.  Going to probably make a few offers on stuff that on the EE.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:34:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buddyhoohaw] [#45]

Cheers

Post a picture!

Well first I have to buy the stuff.  Going to probably make a few offers on stuff that on the EE.

Here is a dude selling a set of LMT's in the EE for $100.00 shipped....

LMT BUIS'

You could get a set of magpul imbus sights for less but i'd prefer the LMT's.  In fact, once you perform the McMaster nut modification they are pretty lightweight.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Cheers

Post a picture!

LMT BUIS'

You could get a set of magpul imbus sights for less but i'd prefer the LMT's.  In fact, once you perform the McMaster nut modification they are pretty lightweight.  

Cheers

$100??  That is way out of my price range.  I am eyeing one charging handle and a shorty LMT front sight for a total of $65 shipped, though I will probably make offers to somewhere like $45 shipped.  $65 is still a bit deep for now...
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Cheers

Post a picture!

LMT BUIS'

Cheers

$100??  That is way out of my price range.  I am eyeing one charging handle and a shorty LMT front sight for a total of $65 shipped, though I will probably make offers to somewhere like $45 shipped.  $65 is still a bit deep for now...

I've got Magpul front and rear sights you can have for fiddy bucks shipped. I bought a set, didn't like the looks and never sighted them in. They've been sitting in their boxes they came in for a couple of months now. Let me know.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By slipjett:

Cheers

Post a picture!

LMT BUIS'

Cheers

I've got Magpul front and rear sights you can have for fiddy bucks shipped. I bought a set, didn't like the looks and never sighted them in. They've been sitting in their boxes they came in for a couple of months now. Let me know.

Thanks for the offer, though I have decided not to go with the Magpul MBUS system.  Again though, thank you kindly for the offer.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:59:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buddyhoohaw] [#49]
Back on track with some pics....

Cheers
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 5 of 143)
Top Top