User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Magpul TMAG (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
TMags might be great, but since I have a ton of clear Lancers and they have never given me any problems, I don’t see how the TMags bring anything to my party, especially since (if configured the same as PMags) they don’t play nice with many of the calibers and bullets I use (.458 SOCOM based cartridges).

Bring the clear TMag out in 40R though and I’ll be getting a dozen or so.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#2]
SR25 plz
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:

I had not thought about that... Good point, and Ditto
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
SR25 plz

I had not thought about that... Good point, and Ditto

Ooooh, that’d be nice.

Probably available sometime after MCT furniture though.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:52:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Muzap] [#5]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

Ooooh, that'd be nice.

Probably available sometime after MCT furniture though.  
View Quote
I've given up on MCT furniture.  I have a couple of MCT (E-170 Cerakote) ARs that I just put FDE furniture on.

Magpul's website still says "coming spring 2024."  The first day of spring was Tuesday...

(wellwe'rewaiting.gif)

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:29:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SouthernSlammed:

Not anything "new" that they are doing. They have been trying to give this to us since the PMAG first dropped. They haven't had a polymer that's been worth a shit tho. Now they have something exclusive to them, that works. We may start seeing different colors, depending on what color will do to the polymer. They have always been trying something different, it just hasn't given the best results. The price tag comes with that exclusive polymer that makes this work. Same for the AMAG, cost of material will drive those mags for future.
View Quote

Magpul is to the gun world what Apple is to the electronics world: A marketing machine that happens to make gun parts.

I doubt very highly that Magpul has exclusive rights to the polymer, and if they do, it's likely a very slight modification of some existing polymer that's already on the market, just so that they can make that claim.

Don't buy marketing hype.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Epyon:

Magpul is to the gun world what Apple is to the electronics world: A marketing machine that happens to make gun parts.

I doubt very highly that Magpul has exclusive rights to the polymer, and if they do, it's likely a very slight modification of some existing polymer that's already on the market, just so that they can make that claim.

View Quote

They’re not like Apple at all. Apple has customer service.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:53:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Epyon:

View Quote

They have been working on this since 2007, if they were just going to put it out there, they would have already!
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Not going to be buying, but cool. Rather have  color options like FDE, Coyote Brown, etc
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Muzap:
I've given up on MCT furniture.  I have a couple of MCT (E-170 Cerakote) ARs that I just put FDE furniture on.

Magpul's website still says "coming spring 2024."  The first day of spring was Tuesday...

(wellwe'rewaiting.gif)

View Quote

Would buy the hell out of MCT furniture sets.  Looks like that's never going to happen.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 12:10:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By NDHojo:
Cool,very cool 😎. I just don't need yet more mags though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:16:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SouthernSlammed:

They have been working on this since 2007, if they were just going to put it out there, they would have already!
View Quote

Why put it out there when you already have a near monopoly on the magazine market....unless they're starting to lose that monopoly to someone else who already makes clear magazines.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By chaas67:
Honest question - what’s the advantage/fascination of  translucent mags?

View Quote

The drip. They just look cool. If I was in a serious pickle, I'd go to my Okay aluminum mags first. But I have some Lancers, a cool as hell Grot, and I'll grab one of these. More mags are good. More variety when I'm playing Barbie dress up with my rifles is good.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#14]
These magazines are not the end all for magazines. More likely to compete in the translucent market for those who like those type of magazines. I'm sure they will be 100% functional just like many other magazines. Of course buy a few if you want to try out. As for Lancers they have their fan base and these may not appeal to them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll buy a couple.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:17:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Steyr did this with AUG mags in the 70's.
I always wondered if they had made them for the AR series would Magpul have existed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:21:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Didn't read all the specs but if .Gov approved I assume "A1" ammo will be ok.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Definitely have to give em a try
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:53:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I had no idea that these have been in the works since 2007.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I have no desire for a transparent mag. I do have a couple of the purple Lancers just for the hell of it but all my AR mags are USGI Al. or PMAGs. I don't need to see my ammo in a mag, hell I don't even care for the windowed mags.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:11:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#21]
So Tmag= Trans Mag.

What witch craft was done to keep the polymer strong? I thought transparent polymers were usually weaker. I'm kinda interested.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Their website has changed the "Coming Spring 2024" to "Coming Summer 2024."

Bastards.

(like I really need more magazines...)
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:32:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Bastards.

View Quote

I'll be surprised if they actually release them this year.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Bastards.

View Quote

Unfortunately I'm not surprised
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Bummed about it being moved to summer.

As a 300blk fanboi, I'm excited for these mags.  But that is mostly for those folks that rock 5.56.  I will pick up one or two just to have and test, but I see my new system eventually being:

Smoked Lancer 30 rounders for supersonic 300blk
Smoked Lancer 20 rounders for subsonic 300blk
Olive drab T-mag 30 rounder for 5.56

Being able to look at the rounds in a mag for a danger noodle before loading it into a 5.56 upper is a big plus.
Link Posted: Today 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Sure wish they’d make SIG 550/551/552/553 mags.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Magpul TMAG (Page 2 of 2)
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top