Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Maxim Defense RDB review (Page 12 of 12)
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:03:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
It is an 8" PSA barrel suppressed with a Banish 45 in full length. I load to OAL of 1.1" chrono is a magneeto sporter. Brass is probably federal and  remington. Loaded on a dillon 550.
View Quote
OK...thanks...My buddy got a lab radar recently.  I'll chrony my loads again to see where I'm at these days.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#2]
What primers are you guys using? Seeing a jump like that makes me wonder if it's the primer causing the increased velocity. Never done a test myself, but with burning so little powder, I would think a difference in primer brisance could have more of an effect on powder burn and velocities.

Just a guess after I noticed neither of you posted which primer you're using.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:48:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Joedirt199] [#3]
What I have on hand winchester and CCI small pistol. I am at about 770 feet elevation and the temp was around 60-70*
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:12:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#4]
I use Gordons reloading tool to see how my recipes are affected by all sorts of changes like seating depth or brass case volume.

According to GRT, small seating depth changes do affect pressure and thus velocity. Well duh but by how much?
If you are comparing recipes, The spec that matters would be case volume once bullet is seated.

I want to change my projectile type on one of my recipes. Same weight.
I am going from a JHP to a round nose bullet.
I opened my recipe in GRT, changed the bullet setting and set the effective seating depth to the same as my JHP recipe.
The seating depth measurement changed from 1.10 to 1.15".
And the pressure and velocity are more or less the same.
So according to GRT, I can use the same charge with the new bullet if seating to 1.15".
I will build a ladder anyway.  But the data is useful to me.

Point is, the case volume and effective seating depth of the recipe are important to the result.
As well as barrel length.  

eta.
I do not rely on GRT for safe loadings.  I use GRT for relational information.
When creating a new load, I utilize multiple sources of load data to determine a range and then load a ladder.

I run a Combat armory 8" barrel and a YHM BCG.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Labradar:

80*F

*147gr Blue Bullet RN
3.3gr Titegroup

G19 PMM barrel and comp
Av 946
Es 40
Sd 10.6

Stock G19.4
Av 940
Es 26
Sd 8.2

M&P 2.0
Av 950
Es 39
Sd 11.9

12” XCaliber blowback PCC
Av 1072
Es 54
Sd 20.9

I didn’t write down the primer. Blue Bullets tend to run a bit faster for any given powder charge weight than jacketed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:29:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#6]
^^^^^^^^
Thans for posting that info...
I gonna get a garmin xero so I can start getting FPS data.
Its long past due.
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Maxim Defense RDB review (Page 12 of 12)
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top