Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2024 11:31:40 PM EDT
Damn!  I cannot believe that I missed this!!
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1036065718

That lower had the perfect patina for what I'm looking for.  There's another EA-15A1 lower for bid, but not nearly as perfect for my project as this one was.

I'd love a shot at one of these just like this one, so please let me know if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!!
--Brian
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:24:33 AM EDT
[#1]
contact the seller
as it was relisted & didnt sell a 2nd time
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d13s3l:
contact the seller
as it was relisted & didnt sell a 2nd time
View Quote

Yes, I did that and he replied that it’s no longer available.  Not sure if that means he sold it off GB or he’s just holding on to it.  He didn’t specify.  Ugh 😑  I knew I should have tried to grab it when I had the chance!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:10:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: borderpatrol] [#3]
Buy ten new lowers and have one "painted" the color you want for that price. The seller has an absurd idea of the value of his merchandise.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:27:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCNick] [#5]
Clearly if you have to ask, you're not the target market, but what about that (what appears to be) very standard lower would contribute to that kind of pricing?
Edit... I'm guessing "preban" is pretty important for certain states.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
$1500?

You ban state guys are real gluttons for punishment.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks all.  I was able to pick up a different lower that I think will fit the scope of my project well.  It's a post ban Colt Sporter Target lower that has a lot of wear and tear.  Almost has that battlefield pick up look to it.  Problem is that it has that damn block and the front takedown screw.  The color is pretty much exactly what I was going for, though.

I'll start a new thread about it after it arrives, as I could use some suggestions and advice about it and the build that I'd like to accomplish with it.

Thanks again!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:49:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like you need to be patient until the right deal pops up, then jump on it right away instead of hemming and hawing.

It's a lower, there are millions out there and they make new ones every day. Don't overpay for something that isn't a rarity and don't bother compromising because you'll do it again anyways. My guess is you'll be looking for another without the large pin and block to replace this one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I swapped a second-hand Sig Mk25 for a Eagle Arms (Coal Valley, IL) CAR-15 about fifteen years ago...had wicked trigger slap.  Having a couple of ARs already and not digging the trigger slap, I posted it on ARFCOM as a WTT...ended up w/a Springfield SOCOM ii that's morphed into this.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top