Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2024 10:29:22 PM EDT
I found another parts set in my endless pursuit of SP1 bits for those that might be interested:
https://everygunpart.com/long-guns-kits/colt-ar15-sp1-semi-auto-z2qvjn-nxk3-00.html

It’s a little steep and I’m not seeing anything extraordinary with my amateur eye, but it’s there for the taking.  If you’re not signed up, you can get an introductory 10% off.  The outfit is good to go, as I’ve ordered from them several times and got what I paid for.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty pricy for a semi kit. You can find whole SP1 rifles for around that price if you look around a bit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]
If you sign up to their email alerts, they often have 20% off, sometimes up to 40% off the listed price.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I just post up stuff that I find interesting and that maybe one of youse might have an interest.
They are a little bit high on the pricing and they do have regular sales.  You’ll probably not encounter too many parts kits like this unless you dismantle a complete rifle…something I wouldn’t do.
I have a bad habit of buying cheap receivers and putting together complete guns with parts and/or parts kits.  Funny enough, I don’t do it with AR’s, lol!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
There’s already enough neckbeards running around gunbroker dismantling SP1s, Sporter IIs and HBAR Sporters just to flip the lowers and parts separately.

Otherwise even with the discounts that price is still high… you can actually find complete uppers for around $700-800 if you are patient.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Swell.  I’ll keep my perceived deals to myself from here forward.  Party on!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:24:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Strela] [#6]
Thanks OP. More information is welcome. Prospective buyers can figure out what things are worth for themselves.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:54:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for posting OP. I'd love to know if that set sold.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#8]
This will be the price point we remember fondly in two years when the supply has actually dried up.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Henchovinland:
This will be the price point we remember fondly in two years when the supply has actually dried up.
View Quote

I was just looking at the prices of kits a decade ago. They were about $350 - $650. The ones popping up today are running $750 - $950 - $2200 depending on condition and what is included.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dakota_Don:
Swell.  I’ll keep my perceived deals to myself from here forward.  Party on!
View Quote

Some of us appreciate your efforts of mentioning this great gun parts resource, regardless of the specific item for sale.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:24:36 AM EDT
[#11]
EGP used to have better deals when they first started their business. I have quite a few guns built from kits from them and made a gun I inherited serviceable once again. I still buy some things occasionally, but not nearly as much as I once did. You have to check their website a few times a week as interesting things will show up.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Henchovinland:
View Quote

Very true.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn. I've got an SP1 listed on Gunbroker right now. I think my starting price is too low.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SPTiger:
Damn. I've got an SP1 listed on Gunbroker right now. I think my starting price is too low.
View Quote

At an auction, the bidders and the buyer will decide. That's why the auctions with $1 starting bids often bring the highest selling prices; they bring more potential buyers (and their egos) onboard.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Stahlgewehr762:

At an auction, the bidders and the buyer will decide. That's why the auctions with $1 starting bids often bring the highest selling prices; they bring more potential buyers (and their egos) onboard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Low opening always draws the attention.  A starting bid of 1500 and 3 fuzzy i-potato pics isn't going to get the attention or price you want.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By gurn-blanston:

Low opening always draws the attention.  A starting bid of 1500 and 3 fuzzy i-potato pics isn't going to get the attention or price you want.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gurn-blanston:

You must have seen my ad.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#17]
What’s an SP-1 carbine, with the aluminum stock, go for now?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By centurian318:
View Quote

Just browsing the ended auctions (the ones that actually sold) on Gunbroker, I saw prices from $1825 or so to over $2K. I guess locally your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Just browsing the ended auctions (the ones that actually sold) on Gunbroker, I saw prices from $1825 or so to over $2K. I guess locally your mileage may vary.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By centurian318:

Damn… i guess I’ll hold onto it for a little longer.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top