Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 10:11:31 PM EDT
Just finished a new SPR MK12 Mod 1 build. When I test fired it today, during the first few rounds, only the first round would go off, then the second round wont even get chambered, then the trigger wouldnt reset. Then after a few magazines, the first round would go off, and then I get a double feed. The lower is a used Aero Precision with just milspec parts, and the upper receiver is a Cerro Forge. Im currently running a Colt Carbine buffer spring and a Colt H1 buffer in a SOPMOD stock. I also have access to a Springco blue spring and an H2vbuffer, butvI didnt try using it yet. Any idea about whats wrong with the rifle?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Will the bolt lock open on an empty mag?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds to me like it's way undergassed.  Sometimes GB has to seal up with carbon from a few rounds, but really shouldn't be doing this.

GB centered properly over port?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#4]
What brand barrel? Gas block properly aligned? Gas key bolts aren't loose/broke?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Likely undergassed as mentioned. 18" rifle gas barrels aren't ideal. Need a port at least 0.098. Some manufacturers go bigger.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoeDevola:
Sounds to me like it's way undergassed.  Sometimes GB has to seal up with carbon from a few rounds, but really shouldn't be doing this.

GB centered properly over port?
View Quote

I've read in an AR15/M4 armorer's manual that 9 rounds must be fired to ensure a proper seal.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top