Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2024 9:59:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon]
We will be discussing DEVGRUs relatively recent adoption and testing of 6 ARC. We know for sure that Noveske also supplied a 6 ARC, but ultimately it is understood that Geissele's submission was selected as a winner of the DEVGRU competition. However that doesn't rule out that the Novekse rifles arn't still in the unit's armory. I would like to go over the little info that we know about those also. It is also understood that these were not the only 6 ARC rifles fielded/ test and we will also be covering those as more information is available.

As for the Geissele rifles, we have a decent understanding of what the encompass thanks to a handful of private photos. 1 of a complete rifle said to be used during the testing/evaluation, and then of a 14.5" upper. Additionally we have photos of rifles that geissele allowed members of DEVGRU to personally purchase. These pictures were taken at an FFL at Va Beach and shows the rifles in their shipment packaging. Unfortunately for most, i am unable to share these photos at the request of those who took them and active members of the unit. However they do show the markings these rifles have.

Geissele:
Cloning the rifles at this time is relatively easy as they have been released to the public. The rifles were shipped to DG just as how we see Geissele's new GFRs with a few differences, but here is what we know so far about DEVGRU's new rifles chambered in 6 ARC.
Upper:
- 14.5" & 18"  all Geissele supper duty, reinforced receivers.
- MK16 rail features the reinforced QD cup.
- Features a laser engraved anchor marking on the left hand side of the receiver, just after the handgaurd.

Lower:
-Geissele Ultra Duty lower parts kit including maritime colt catch, trigger gaurd and ambi safety.
- Exact trigger in the mil. units is unknown at this time. We know that the civilian GRF rifles come with a proprietary trigger. However, it is possible that it is an "SSA-X" model, similar to the SSF-X supplied with the Noveske Rifles.
- Features a laser engraved anchor marking on the right hand side of the reciever where one would rest their trigger finger. Additionally, a laser engraved QR code is present on the left hand side of the reciever between the trigger pins.
- rifle were shipped with Geisseles new OEM furniture.

Optics:
- Nightforce ATACR 4-16 w/ tremor 3 reticle
- Leupold MK6 3-18x44 (non-su279), has a different uid marking in the same place that the su-279s do.
- Leupold DPP, offset on either rail or optic

Suppressors:
- HUXWRK 762 HX-QD (un sure if TI version or not),an 18" test gun was pictured with this can
- AAC  FDE SDN6
(it is possible that the new HUXWRX 6arc can may be used with these but that is just speculation)

Expect to see other equipment standard to DEVGRU used with these, i.e NGALs.

Rifles at the Geissele Booth: (note the markings on the lower is visible on the bottom rifle.)
Attachment Attached File

The one publicly available photo:
Attachment Attached File

Novekse's Entry:
Noveske's submission to the competition was based off of their Gen 4 rifles. Prior to this Gen 3s in 6arc similar to their assualter rifles were, tested. (See pic below). The rifle or at least a similar can be see on Dirty Civilian's youtube channel, being demonstrated by Noveske's military sales coordinator. The most interesting part of the rifle is a new, suppressor that's not currently available to the civilian market. Rumored to be a CGS OTB style can.

Trial gun:
Attachment Attached File

Screen shot from the video and the link to check it out yourself:
https://youtu.be/qhMELJssllg?si=PH3OTMNg8jy1W_ZO

Keep in mind that the rifle is his rifle, so it will not be exactly representative of how it would be setup within the unit.

Attachment Attached File

The CGS Group can that was said to be submitted with the Noveske
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:54:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Hux Works suppressors floating around too
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#2]
The noveske dude is pretty active on Instagram.  His handle is @kingmackerel
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bzugger:
The noveske dude is pretty active on Instagram.  His handle is @kingmackerel
View Quote
Yeah you can see the can w/o the suppressor cover on it. I just didn't want to be pulling all his pictures and posting them on here lol
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#4]
The pics of them in the plastic are still posted in the recce thread, forget what page.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:34:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#5]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:
The pics of them in the plastic are still posted in the recce thread, forget what page.
View Quote
They were technically asked to not be shown as it caused some trouble. However, cat is out of the bag type thing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:46:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#6]
Unless NF made a new scope for someone, there is no 4-18x ATACR.

There’s a 4-16x and a 4-20x ATACR.  There’s also a 2.5-20x NX8.  At a glance, the one pic you have looks like an NX8 as the mag adjustment ring appears to be separate from the ocular housing (ATACR it’s all one piece and the entire ocular housing rotates as you adjust mag).

It’s also possible they released a new scope and I’ve just never seen it.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Any clued on what the standardized ammo for the 6ARC will be?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

There's a 4-16x and a 4-20x ATACR.  There's also a 2.5-20x NX8.  At a glance, the one pic you have looks like an NX8 as the mag adjustment ring appears to be separate from the ocular housing (ATACR it's all one piece and the entire ocular housing rotates as you adjust mag).

It's also possible they released a new scope and I've just never seen it.  
View Quote
It was definitely a typo on my part, and should be -16x. I'm so use to typing out 18x for the mk6s lol.

That ATACR being referenced was from one of the pictures. So if you or someone can PID that optic in the public photo, then we can add it to the list.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
It was definitely a typo on my part, and should be -16x. I'm so use to typing out 18x for the mk6s lol.

That ATACR being referenced was from one of the pictures. So if you or someone can PID that optic in the public photo, then we can add it to the list.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There's a 4-16x and a 4-20x ATACR.  There's also a 2.5-20x NX8.  At a glance, the one pic you have looks like an NX8 as the mag adjustment ring appears to be separate from the ocular housing (ATACR it's all one piece and the entire ocular housing rotates as you adjust mag).

It's also possible they released a new scope and I've just never seen it.  

Appears to be a 2.5-20x50 NX8.  Looks like the same optics in the Geissele booth photo, although it’s a bit grainy.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By S-1:
6ARC GFR
View Quote

SCHIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!  And $80 a mag too..................
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:

View All Quotes
6ARC GFR

$125 for a 30 round mag, I’ll pass
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Ossian:

View All Quotes
6ARC GFR

To be fair, Geissele’s website always lists full retail.  Most retailers have way lower prices.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#14]

To be fair, Geissele's website always lists full retail.  Most retailers have way lower prices.
View All Quotes
6ARC GFR

$125 for a 30 round mag, I'll pass

To be fair, Geissele's website always lists full retail.  Most retailers have way lower prices.
Also there are other 6 ARC mag options out there.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:32:05 PM EDT
[#15]

To be fair, Geissele’s website always lists full retail.  Most retailers have way lower prices.
View All Quotes
6ARC GFR

Or wait for a big sale that G has a few times a year.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:24:38 PM EDT
[#18]
That is the MRGG-S which is in a big frame, 6.5 creedmore. Also don't believe that he is NSWDG, but not positive.
View Quote

Is that an AXG framed 320? Could be...
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Is that an AXG framed 320? Could be...
View Quote
The ISC commonly sees personal handguns so it's not exactly definitive. This year there was Staccatos and off the top of my head I remember seeing an ODG G19 with MARSOC. I also believe the MRGG-S is for all of SOCOM and not specific to JSOC but could be wrong there too. I'm sure a Gear collector could pinpoint his unit just from what he is wearing but I'm really not familiar with those sorts of things.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Wish I'd done my 6 Arc Gen 3 Noveske in FDE and not KAC Taupe now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:07:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mechanicuss] [#22]
RE> the lower rifle in the 1st Geisselle pic:  Interesting that the CTR buttstock is still viable after all this time. Form/fit/function/weight hard to beat.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#23]
6arc is the future - I wish I had ammo and an upper in this. This thread will push me over the edge for sure, despite me not building clones accurately lol
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:41:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stickyheat] [#24]
Originally Posted By mechanicuss:
RE> the lower rifle in the 1st Geisselle pic:  Interesting that the CTR buttstock is still viable after all this time. Form/fit/function/weight hard to beat.
View Quote

Definitely not a fan of the Geissele stock they are putting on these. It’s a pain to take off as well. I may throw a sopmod on there or one of the b5 SPR stocks.

The rifle itself is nice. I have the 18” and find it shoots and handles like a small frame and is consistently at or right under 1 MOA.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CJ47:
6arc is the future - I wish I had ammo and an upper in this. This thread will push me over the edge for sure, despite me not building clones accurately lol
View Quote

I'm sure I'm going to catch some flack for this, but is there that much of a difference between 6.5G and 6ARC?  

Do rounds load better in 6ARC?  
Can 6ARC ammo be chambered in a 6.5G gun?

I don't have any 6.x calibers, but I'm kinda curious on what it can or can't do.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I think a 6 ARC could chamber in a 6.5 Grendel but would probably only blow out the shoulder on the 6 ARC brass and no KABOOM like a 300black out in 5.56.   I don’t think a 6.5 Grendel could chamber in a 6 ARC.  I read Hornady set the shoulder back on the 6 ARC to keep a 6.5 Grendel from chambering.   For hunting the 6.5 Grendel might have a slight edge at typical hunting distances but I doubt you could tell the difference on medium size game with good hunting bullets in 6.5 Grendel or 6 ARC.  The 6 ARC has the advantage at shooting longer distances as the 6.5 Grendel falls off quicker after 800 yards closer to sea level.   At higher elevations the 6 ARC is better but the new 100 grain ELD V/T closes the gap a little in the 6.5 Grendel.   Everybody will have their own opinion on these two cartridges and I haven’t jumped onto the 6 ARC because I have numerous 6.5 Grendel firearms.  The 22 ARC has more appeal to me for where I live and shoot.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
I think a 6 ARC could chamber in a 6.5 Grendel but would probably only blow out the shoulder on the 6 ARC brass and no KABOOM like a 300black out in 5.56.   I don’t think a 6.5 Grendel could chamber in a 6 ARC.  I read Hornady set the shoulder back on the 6 ARC to keep a 6.5 Grendel from chambering.   For hunting the 6.5 Grendel might have a slight edge at typical hunting distances but I doubt you could tell the difference on medium size game with good hunting bullets in 6.5 Grendel or 6 ARC.  The 6 ARC has the advantage at shooting longer distances as the 6.5 Grendel falls off quicker after 800 yards closer to sea level.   At higher elevations the 6 ARC is better but the new 100 grain ELD V/T closes the gap a little in the 6.5 Grendel.   Everybody will have their own opinion on these two cartridges and I haven’t jumped onto the 6 ARC because I have numerous 6.5 Grendel firearms.  The 22 ARC has more appeal to me for where I live and shoot.
View Quote

Seems like a good synopsis.

Since I already have a 6.5G and all the stuff to reload for it, I'll likely skip the 6ARC. I'll maybe (okay, probably) add a 22ARC down the road in order to avoid the minor headache of going with a .224LBC or another .22 cal Grendel-based wildcat. I all I had was a 5.56 today, I'd look at a 6ARC to get a little more (m)ass and some much better wind bucking ability in my AR15 golf bag.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Thanks, I wonder if it will be an issue where 6.8 folks might pick up an 6ARC, but 6.5G guys can't see the juice being worth the squeeze?  Seems like a slight improvement at the far end over 6.5G, but not much of a difference maker at hunting ranges.  

22ARC looks interesting, but like 6.5G vs 6ARC, my first thought is, looks like a new .224Valk.   The rounds look similar.

My hot take:
If Hornady AND PSA/AAC make ammo for it, it will sell.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By panthermark:

Thanks, I wonder if it will be an issue where 6.8 folks might pick up an 6ARC, but 6.5G guys can't see the juice being worth the squeeze?  Seems like a slight improvement at the far end over 6.5G, but not much of a difference maker at hunting ranges.  

22ARC looks interesting, but like 6.5G vs 6ARC, my first thought is, looks like a new .224Valk.   The rounds look similar.

My hot take:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By panthermark:

My hot take:

Ref 22ARC v 224V, it seems the 22ARC is far easier to develop loads for, and isn't having the teething issues the 224V had on it's debut.

Love or hate Hornady, but they know how to take a cartridge to market and support it with hype, ammo, and load data
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:44:30 PM EDT
[#30]
When 22 Grendel aka 224 Grendel or whatever you want to call the wildcat 6.5 Grendel case necked down to 22, there was little reloading data and lack of general information/support.   Hornady getting the 22 ARC SAAMI approved and releasing reloading data package sure helps.   I have a couple spare 6.5 Grendel bolts in my parts bin, 30+ 6.5 Grendel mags, 224 bullets, appropriate rifle powder and primers.   I have 200 new Hornady 6.5 Grendel brass cases.   All I really need to jump into 22 ARC is a barrel and loading dies.   The 22 ARC has better performance than 223 Remington and shoots long high BC bullets which don’t work in the 22-250.   The 22-250 still has more performance than the 22 ARC but getting close to 22-250 ballistics in an AR-15 is appealing to me.

I think the 22 ARC is a decent varmint cartridge and still not that much more expensive to shoot than the 223/5.56.   The 22 ARC should have the capability to shoot targets a little further than 223/5.56.   For me the 22 ARC is more appealing than the 224 Valkyrie but I was never invested in the 6.8/270.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By campower:
View Quote

Wondering the same. My guess would be a ~105 g. HPBT? Could a tipped match bullet like an ELD be officially adopted?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:58:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stickyheat] [#32]
Originally Posted By CORDrew:

Wondering the same. My guess would be a ~105 g. HPBT? Could a tipped match bullet like an ELD be officially adopted?
View Quote

Not sure but I see that Hornady makes a 106 TAP round in 6arc.
https://www.hornadyle.com/6mmARC#

Can’t say I’ve seen it for sale on the commercial market.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By stickyheat:

View All Quotes

These guys have it listed but I have no idea if they are legit I've never dealt with them.
https://www.velocityammosales.com/products/6mm-arc-hornady-106-grain-le-tap-200-rounds/
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

These guys have it listed but I have no idea if they are legit I've never dealt with them.
https://www.velocityammosales.com/products/6mm-arc-hornady-106-grain-le-tap-200-rounds/
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Velocity Ammo Sales is legit. And the 106gr TAP around makes sense from a BC:lethality trade off standpoint.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By campower:

From what I've heard it's 106gr but no confirmation
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:01:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bzugger] [#36]
Attachment Attached File

Saw this on ig this morning. Figured it is relevant to the conversation
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#37]
there was an FDE SDN-6 at one point? Or is this a new run for this platform?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top