Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2024 12:47:59 AM EDT
BLUF: small rectangular cube (cuboid) a little less than half an inch long.

I was attempting to modify my stock with a folder when I found an extra part on the work bench. I didn't know where it came from (assuming lower receiver since that what I was working with). It's not a part of the folder mechanism which I ended up not using- too much play. I've looked over diagrams and can't find anything that resembles a long metal cube. (And I have no other modifications to the lower.) Thanks for any help. And if I can figure out how to attach a picture I'll upload one later.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#1]
It goes on the receiver extension end plate.
like this one
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 5:25:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats my guess.  Them little suckers are hard to get in always gave me trouble.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I only found one. Are they required for operation? I’m going back to a normal end plate also - are they only for the magpul sling attachment?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The kit comes with 2, one for a milspec RE and one for a commercial RE, so only one is used.  On a pistol RE tube, without the receiver end plate notch, they are not used at all.  If you do not use them on a RE that does have the notch, or can even happen on a pistol RE without the notch, if you are not careful tightening up the castle nut, the REP can ride up and interfere with the CH.  I had that happen once on a pistol and it caused a moment of head scratching as to why my CH would not pull back.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top