BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/8/2023 12:48:49 PM EDT
Hello,

I picked up my new LWRCI REPR in 6.5 Creedmoor yesterday. I know some gaps are normal between the receiver (more common in uppers and lowers that are from different manufacturers). I actually own another LWRCI that’s in 5.56 that I am happy with (no gaps).

My question, am I too OCD on this brand new REPR? This rifle alone was over $5,000 and I can easily fit a “0.010 shim in between the upper and lower and it has one of those Accu-Wedges. The takedown pins are extremely tight and needs a punch to release. The lower and upper are from a single manufacturer so I was not expecting these “features” or gap as they would be machined by the same company.

I paid over $5,000+ for one of their highest end rifle from LWRC but I’ve seen $1,000 rifles out there with better fitment.

Should I contact LWRCI?

Link Posted: 11/12/2023 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
What did you end up doing?
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Tbh I wouldn’t worry about it. If it’s functional that’s the whole point. Idk why people fret over this stuff. It’s a rifle buddy.

I know you spent a lot of money on it but it’s most likely still in spec and functions well right? Shoot it. See how it shoots. If it’s anything like the 2 I have I’d look past a little looseness.

Let the newness wear off a bit. I remember when I got my first LWRC I was like 22 years old. Saved up a long time and bought an ic spr with nice optic, suppressor and SSA trigger. I babied it for like 2 years. I think I dumped like $5-6k in the package then.

That rifle was tight when I got it. But now it’s been spray painted 3 times. Dropped off the back of a ATV twice and dropped in sand/mud more times than I can remember. It’s my most used and most beat up rifle. Idk how many rounds it’s got on it but it’s several thousand. I’ve had it smoking hot several times. I put it in a bench rest the other day for giggles and it still shoots sub moa groups all day long with good ammos. My buddy was amazed.

I use it to hunt coyotes a lot. It’s my go to rifle for most stuff. At this point after all I’ve put it through I figure this is why I paid so much for it. It still performs as well as the day I got it with the good mileage I have on it now. Even tho it rattles pretty good and looks kinda like crap now.

If you’re really using it. That little receiver gap will be the least noticeable blemish in a couple short years.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top