BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2023 2:06:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M16A1_Retro]
Botach has Okay SureFeed 30-round magazines for sale... looks like they still have some Desert Tan & Gray.

https://botach.com/okaymagazines/#product-reviews
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By M16A1_Retro:
Botach has Okay SureFeed 30-round magazines for sale... looks like they still have some Desert Tan & Gray.

View Quote

Lmao. Yeah good luck with that..
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesnt make sense, but hard to figure how someone makes a new listing for an item like that.
Botach at least refunds in my experience.
Worth a shot if you want em.
I dont really
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

View Quote
I've bought a bunch of Okay mags from Botach over the last few years and they have always delivered.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
LGS still has plenty for sale. Unfortunately no 20's and I need two more for my old school ALICE getup.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I received my first order of Okay surefeeds from Botach and wound up placing a second order that should be here tomorrow. They had/have Lancers for $9.99 too which influenced placing the second order. No issues at all. They grey mags look a lot nicer after wiping down with CLP and seems to make the finish harder to scratch up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:26:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Strela] [#7]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M16A1_Retro:

They have been delivering the goods in recent years.

I and others have ordered various colored Lancers from them recently and got our mags quickly.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 12:50:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: recon] [#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 12:55:44 AM EDT
[#9]
That seems a bit high, IIRC I paid around $10 each for my last batch, but I may be wrong, senile boomer and all.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Vague:
LGS still has plenty for sale. Unfortunately no 20's and I need two more for my old school ALICE getup.
View Quote

@Vague from another thread here. In case you missed it.

https://www.fulton-armory.com/magazinear20roundginew.aspx
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Im starting to think someone did buy the tooling, or maybe just the name.
Gray dry film 30s were non existent a few months ago.

I wonder if they just stashed a few pallets or what
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By eric496:

@Vague from another thread here. In case you missed it.

https://www.fulton-armory.com/magazinear20roundginew.aspx
View Quote

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:43:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Sig Sauer M400/516/MCX 223/5.56 30-Round Factory Aluminum Magazine

These appear to be Okay manufactured. Anyone with personal experience?

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:35:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#16]
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:

IF they are Okay Industries manufactured they will be stamped 33710

From my experience with Sig AR mags, THEY’RE CRAP!!!!

I had a guy at a gun show give me a Polymer Sig AR mag that was cracked and had a weak spring.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
Sig Sauer M400/516/MCX 223/5.56 30-Round Factory Aluminum Magazine

https://i.postimg.cc/ry4YTmDb/124846-DEFAULT-l.jpg

These appear to be Okay manufactured. Anyone with personal experience?

IF they are Okay Industries manufactured they will be stamped 33710

From my experience with Sig AR mags, THEY’RE CRAP!!!!

I had a guy at a gun show give me a Polymer Sig AR mag that was cracked and had a weak spring.

Thus my question. They appear to be Okay mags made for Sig.

Most pics online are shit quality. Many simply show what appears to be an Okay mag with blurry markings in the correct locations.

Others show a legit Okay mag with proper markings.

I was hoping someone had personal experience.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Bump, Botach dropped the price to $12.99. Tan and Grey are still in stock.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:

I seem to remember SIG even sold Orlite mags for a while
View Quote

They were made by Itac but either way they sucked. Funny part you could buy the sig ones for $20 and the exact same thing from itac with sig stamp was like 9.99
BUT THEY LOCKED TOGETHER oooooh
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Brownells USGI mags with the tan followers.  

Their commercial mags are good too when they were still making them themselves.  Not sure who makes them now.

My next choice would be m3 window pmags.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Yes, SIG has sold Okay-made mags in their own SIG packaging in the past. I saw a bunch at my local shop in Michigan a year or two ago. The Okay markings were clearly visible through the plastic bag. The shop had them priced at $25 each though (not shocking for a SIG-branded product), so I passed on them. They were all sold out the next time I went back.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

Yes, SIG has sold Okay-made mags in their own SIG packaging in the past. I saw a bunch at my local shop in Michigan a year or two ago. The Okay markings were clearly visible through the plastic bag. The shop had them priced at $25 each though (not shocking for a SIG-branded product), so I passed on them. They were all sold out the next time I went back.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

Thanks for the input Scout.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 11:01:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: neight] [#22]
What are the blue bagged ones marked?  I put up several of these. They're quality mags right? All the surfed and E2s Ive got have been flawless.
I was stewing on these from Botach, but guess I'll pass. I had been under the impression the Okays were the best Al zines made?
Always exceptions though.
Still can't understand why they'd quit making them. Or why the tooling wasn't sold off to somebody. I can't imagine the market isn't there to support the line.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#23]
They still have the tan ones. $12.98

https://botach.com/okaymagazines/?avad=234121_d3448c081
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By neight:
What are the blue bagged ones marked?  I put up several of these. They're quality mags right? All the surfed and E2s Ive got have been flawless.
I was stewing on these from Botach, but guess I'll pass. I had been under the impression the Okays were the best Al zines made?
Still can't understand why they'd quit making them. Or why the tooling wasn't sold off to somebody. I can't imagine the market isn't there to support the line.
View Quote

The blue bagged magazines have Okay's cage code on the outside sticker.  It's also stamped on the side of the mag, and they have Okay marked floor plates.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah cool. These aren't them then.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 10:14:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ihv800] [#26]
Originally Posted By neight:
View Quote

Center Industries bought the Surefeed name and I would imagine they got the tooling as well (not sure on that, though). I'm guessing Center is going to enter civilian sales with the Surefeed branding. Whether or not the quality will be retained is anyone's guess.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#27]
CI purchased the entire package - name, equipment, tooling, inventory, etc. When and if new magazines are introduced with the CI CAGE, they will exclude the Okay Industries branding. I’m assuming the re-launch of Surefeed magazines is pending Okay Industries rebranding in 2024 but that’s a best guess.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like Botach is out of stock on all of them.  Glad I was able to grab some tan ones yet last week.  Botach shipped pretty fast.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Ordered plenty of times from them...did a order once just to show how I'd get my order...and guess what, I got it.

You just hear people talking.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Will they be making anymore of these mags? Says they are out of stock now. Thought OK stoped making magazines.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By bolt241:
Will they be making anymore of these mags? Says they are out of stock now. Thought OK stoped making magazines.
View Quote

I don’t believe so. I think Okay was purchased by a company with the same address as center industries. Not sure what their plans are.

Link Posted: 11/18/2023 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#32]
There was anticipation that CI would resume production where Okay Industries left off. While Ci manufactures the same magazines, the two companies had completely different processes and quality standards. Furthermore, moving and restarting all of that equipment could prove to be a huge task in itself. The first lot of magazines released as Surefeed, with the CI cage, were manufactured at Okay Industries.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 11:33:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#33]
I bought 20 of the 30 round SureFeed E2 mags with Magpul followers thinking they were the best aluminum mags on the market based on what people here and the reddit AR-15 forum said about them. The three or four that I have tried so far were complete and utter jamomatic pieces of shit in 3 different rifles. When I went shooting last time I tried one again and I think I figured out what is happening though. Upon bolt carrier group travelling rearward and clearing the top of the next round in the magazine, the rounds are popping out of the feed lips on their own at an angle, and then the BCG moves forward and jams the round into the barrel extension.

What the hell is going on here? I thought their feed lips were designed for increased reliability? This was not a jam from firing a round. This happened when I pulled the charging handle back and held it there long enough at the farthest point  just by pure coincidence. I happened to be looking into the ejection port and saw the round pop out on its own as soon as the BCG cleared the top of the round. I had read of some other people having a similar issue, but I never saw anybody discuss why it was happening or what the solution was. Does anybody know? I feel like I wasted my money because I don't even feel like it would be ethical to sell this batch of mags to somebody else and let them be their problem.

For reference, I haven't had issues with D&H, PMags, D60s, C Products, Surefire 60s, or Korean steel mags in these guns and they worked flawlessly until trying the Okay mags.

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 12:32:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: recon] [#34]
I guess the new company making these mags. aren't doing a good job. Or did you buy these before they ceased production?
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:27:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#35]
Originally Posted By recon:
I guess the new company making these mags. aren't doing a good job. Or did you buy these before they ceased production?
View Quote
These were made by Okay and have a 09-2020 date stamp. Worst part was it damaged the tips and cases on a bunch of PSA Sabre Black Tip ammo when I was testing it. I thought it was the ammo at first but I tried 2 other types of ammo and had the same result in 3 different guns.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Alien:
I bought 20 of the 30 round SureFeed E2 mags with Magpul followers thinking they were the best aluminum mags on the market based on what people here and the reddit AR-15 forum said about them. The three or four that I have tried so far were complete and utter jamomatic pieces of shit in 3 different rifles. When I went shooting last time I tried one again and I think I figured out what is happening though. Upon bolt carrier group travelling rearward and clearing the top of the next round in the magazine, the rounds are popping out of the feed lips on their own at an angle, and then the BCG moves forward and jams the round into the barrel extension.

What the hell is going on here? I thought their feed lips were designed for increased reliability? This was not a jam from firing a round. This happened when I pulled the charging handle back and held it there long enough at the farthest point  just by pure coincidence. I happened to be looking into the ejection port and saw the round pop out on its own as soon as the BCG cleared the top of the round. I had read of some other people having a similar issue, but I never saw anybody discuss why it was happening or what the solution was. Does anybody know? I feel like I wasted my money because I don't even feel like it would be ethical to sell this batch of mags to somebody else and let them be their problem.

For reference, I haven't had issues with D&H, PMags, D60s, C Products, Surefire 60s, or Korean steel mags in these guns and they worked flawlessly until trying the Okay mags.

https://i.imgur.com/sKlddKc.jpg
View Quote

Could you confirm the follower being used? I don’t think that mag  comes with the magpul follower. I’ve only seen them with the blue e2 follower.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

FWIW, I've had problems with Surefeeds as well.  I put a couple in the training mag rotation and immediately had feeding issues with both.  I could never figure out the recent hype for these.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 1:46:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Damn. I have tons of these things with both the grey Magpul followers and the blue followers.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 4:06:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By stickyheat:

Could you confirm the follower being used? I don't think that mag  comes with the magpul follower. I've only seen them with the blue e2 follower.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stickyheat:

Could you confirm the follower being used? I don't think that mag  comes with the magpul follower. I've only seen them with the blue e2 follower.
They were brand new in the wrap from the factory with Magpul followers. My understanding is that they ran out of the blue ones and didn't bother to make more and just switched to Magpul followers with the appropriate spring. I checked a couple of my E2s and the spring was seated into the follower correctly.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#40]
They were brand new in the wrap from the factory with Magpul followers. My understanding is that they ran out of the blue ones and didn't bother to make more and just switched to Magpul followers with the appropriate spring. I checked a couple of my E2s and the spring was seated into the follower correctly.
View Quote

Correct, Okay confirmed the switch due to being unable to aquire the material used for the blue followers.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 1:38:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#41]
I had jamming problems with the blue follower ones so I put magpul followers with standard springs in them. I can't remember if I ever shot them again after the swap but I recently swapped them back to original internals and stored them in the box of buy one to see what it looks like mags that I never use..
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#42]
So are the ones with the blue followers the more desirable ones?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:

FWIW, I've had problems with Surefeeds as well.  I put a couple in the training mag rotation and immediately had feeding issues with both.  I could never figure out the recent hype for these.
View All Quotes

IIRC it was the only two surefeeds you own and it was with steel case ammo?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

I actually bought 25 or 30 based on recommendations here.  I only tried 2 of them.  And yes, steel case ammo.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

In my near two decades of training classes with ARs I can positively say that Okay mags hands-down gave me more problems than the Brownells, Center, and Magpul mags we also used.

The last Okay purchase I saw was in 2018 iirc and the whole 100 count box was returned and replaced with Gen M3 Pmags because of repeatable reliability issues.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#46]
BOtach also has the HK 556 mags on sale, a bit more 39.99 - but these are built like a shit brick house - heavy, but certainly quality.
HK 5.56mm HK416 / SA80 / MR556 Maritime Steel Magazines   39.99 for 30 rounder
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Moe1976:
BOtach also has the HK 556 mags on sale, a bit more 39.99 - but these are built like a shit brick house - heavy, but certainly quality.
HK 5.56mm HK416 / SA80 / MR556 Maritime Steel Magazines   39.99 for 30 rounder
View Quote

The HK mags are yesterday's news. Most folks round here don't like them. Yes, they are robust, but they are very heavy.

Lastly, the cost/benefit ratio is not worth the additional cost (4 Aluminum USGI or Pmags for the cost of one HK mag).
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 1:25:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Anybody know where to find any of the Surefeed mags with the  raised dots on them? I’ve scoured the web but no luck.  Hoping someone may know of somewhere I’m missing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 3:19:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TDM556:
Anybody know where to find any of the Surefeed mags with the  raised dots on them? I've scoured the web but no luck.  Hoping someone may know of somewhere I'm missing.
View Quote

Yeah those are the ones I bought that I'm having trouble with.

They are sold out all over the Internet. I'm thinking of putting the ones I have on the EE at some point with a disclaimer that I didn't have good reliability with the ones I opened.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 4:13:25 AM EDT
[#50]

Yeah those are the ones I bought that I'm having trouble with.

They are sold out all over the Internet. I'm thinking of putting the ones I have on the EE at some point with a disclaimer that I didn't have good reliability with the ones I opened.
View Quote

Well that’s disappointing. I have a few but haven’t gotten around to using them. I figured they would be good to go so I wanted a few more. Yours has the blue followers?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top