Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 265
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 12:16:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By aa_bran:

Is this calibrated for M855 or M855A1? Based on velocity and drop, the center dot (utilizing M855 BC) is close to a 25/300 zero. Is that the correct usage for this reticle?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aa_bran:
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

You zero it at 100m on the first hold under dot (1 mrad up). It's calibrated for 62gr projectiles with a bc of .3-.31 at around 2950fps from a 14.5" barrel using a 1.54 optic mount

There's been several pictures posted including one I drew on to give the proper information

Is this calibrated for M855 or M855A1? Based on velocity and drop, the center dot (utilizing M855 BC) is close to a 25/300 zero. Is that the correct usage for this reticle?

Do you understand max point blank range and how to use it?
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 4:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
For anyone who's gotten one in, can we get a pic at 1x with reticle illuminated at various settings? It's been awhile since I've looked through these and I'm trying to verify if my memory is correct on something.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I need some rail scales or grip panels or whatever for my URG-I clone, which ones should I get?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:14:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By researchanddestroy:
I need some rail scales or grip panels or whatever for my URG-I clone, which ones should I get?
View Quote

I like matrix which is the most aggressive. I shoot with gloves though
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 1:03:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Are Elcans still in use? Or are they slowly being phased out and replaced with LPVOs?
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bman2k:
Are Elcans still in use? Or are they slowly being phased out and replaced with LPVOs?
View Quote

I'm pretty confident they are still used but probably not being purchased for new contracts. They are still an iconic optic, you should buy one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:05:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Bman2k:
View Quote

Taken earlier this month.  7th SFG.

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:49:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deadmau5er] [#8]
https://www.nightforceoptics.com/nightforce-announces-limited-release-of-contract-riflescopes/

Not sure if this has been posted but whichever of you cloners has almost 5k burning a hole in your pocket, S-VPS run of 300 from Nightforce available on eurooptic, midway and some others. In stock.

EDIT: Nevermind, you guys are too fast and someone already got one. DROOL
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BlueShirtGuy:
Mine came in today.

https://i.postimg.cc/D0cT4yFJ/20231215-170559.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 4:55:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: the_neumanator] [#10]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
For anyone who's gotten one in, can we get a pic at 1x with reticle illuminated at various settings? It's been awhile since I've looked through these and I'm trying to verify if my memory is correct on something.
View Quote

I tried to do this for you but the pics just aren't coming out that great.  If you have specific levels you're looking for in the range of 1 through 10 let me know and I'll try and get the camera phone on a stand to make it more steady
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine came in today.

https://i.postimg.cc/D0cT4yFJ/20231215-170559.jpg
View Quote

Got one in route
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:10:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Was able to put some rounds down range with her today.

Link Posted: 12/23/2023 10:00:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lmc10278] [#13]

So I posted this over on a reddit URG-I forum a couple days ago but is this really how all new NSN Mk.16 rails will be shipping? I’ve read claims that Thoroubred Armament contacted a couple reps from Geissele and they stated this is how they are now shipping to the military as well with the newly installed Reinforced Sling QD inserts. I have yet to hear back myself from Geissele customer service on this question after sending them an email roughly 3 days ago now. I know this has been brought up in this thread a couple times in recent years and just wanted to see if anyone could help confirm this. Kind of kicking myself for selling my last rail that didn’t have these now that I’ve acquired the new SOCOM ATACR 1-8 from Eurooptic.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't know the answer to your question but if you actually use the QD sockets you'll want the reinforced version.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
I don't know the answer to your question but if you actually use the QD sockets you'll want the reinforced version.
View Quote

I don't mind the existing non-reinforced one's that are on my 11.5 URG-I clone. Been using it for close to 7k rounds with no issues.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Lmc10278:
https://i.postimg.cc/VJ5Yd895/IMG-7975.jpg

So I posted this over on a reddit URG-I forum a couple days ago but is this really how all new NSN Mk.16 rails will be shipping? I’ve read claims that Thoroubred Armament contacted a couple reps from Geissele and they stated this is how they are now shipping to the military as well with the newly installed Reinforced Sling QD inserts. I have yet to hear back myself from Geissele customer service on this question after sending them an email roughly 3 days ago now. I know this has been brought up in this thread a couple times in recent years and just wanted to see if anyone could help confirm this. Kind of kicking myself for selling my last rail that didn’t have these now that I’ve acquired the new SOCOM ATACR 1-8 from Eurooptic.
View Quote

@Combat_Diver Do you know anything about this change potentially?
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

My not-quite correct DMR URG-I
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Not know as I only get barrel assemblies, not the rails for replacement
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Not know as I only get barrel assemblies, not the rails for replacement.

Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Not know as I only get barrel assemblies, not the rails for replacement
View Quote

Ahh understood, appreciate the response!
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By USMCSGT0331:

Are you saying that these Mil-Spec scopes aren't different at all from the commercial scopes? Obviously the parts used to make them are the same, but the Mil-Spec scopes are still sealed and tested differently than the civilian scopes. The new limited edition Mil-Spec scopes are built the same way as all the other Mil-Spec ATACR scopes. I verified this with NightForce yesterday.

There's 2 reasons that they're finally allowing a Mil-Spec scope to be warrantied. The first is that it's being sold to civilians, and not the military. NightForce doesn't warranty any Mil-Spec scopes that are going to a combat zone, so the military doesn't get this warranty on their Mil-Spec scopes. Also, the construction techniques used in sealing the Mil-Spec scopes has changed over the years. With the new Mil-Spec ATACR scopes, it's possible to take them apart, make repairs, then seal them back up to their Mil-Spec standards. This wasn't really possible to do with the older NXS scopes.

So, even though these limited edition Mil-Spec scopes are made with the exact same parts as the civilian scopes, these Mil-Spec scopes are indeed made to their specific Mil-Spec manufacturing standards. I received this information directly from NightForce yesterday and again today. These are legit Mil-Spec scopes, and since they aren't going to a war zone, they can warranty them just like the civilian NF scopes.
View Quote

Not entirely true. Mil-Spec optics have a 10 year warranty for military use. Thats what the extra construction work and testing are providing. Civilian spec (C part numbers) don't have the warranty for military use.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 1:10:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#22]
https://i.postimg.cc/VJ5Yd895/IMG-7975.jpg

So I posted this over on a reddit URG-I forum a couple days ago but is this really how all new NSN Mk.16 rails will be shipping? I've read claims that Thoroubred Armament contacted a couple reps from Geissele and they stated this is how they are now shipping to the military as well with the newly installed Reinforced Sling QD inserts. I have yet to hear back myself from Geissele customer service on this question after sending them an email roughly 3 days ago now. I know this has been brought up in this thread a couple times in recent years and just wanted to see if anyone could help confirm this. Kind of kicking myself for selling my last rail that didn't have these now that I've acquired the new SOCOM ATACR 1-8 from Eurooptic.
View Quote
So I haven't seen them on any photos of URG-Is but they are on NSWDG new 6arc rifle that uses the mk16. So technically that is how they are being delivered to the military. Also they are on the MRGG-S however that isn't using a mk16.

I think it has to do with whether or not mk16s are still being deliver to socom for URGIs. Even NSWs URGIs do not have them which would be the newer ones.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 2:25:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stickyheat] [#23]
Originally Posted By MadcapMagician:

Not entirely true. Mil-Spec optics have a 10 year warranty for military use. Thats what the extra construction work and testing are providing. Civilian spec (C part numbers) don't have the warranty for military use.
View Quote

These have the commercial lifetime warranty. Confirmed with NF directly. The mil spec ATACR is actually built exactly the same as the commercial one. Only differences are:

1. Locking illumination turret
2. Markings
3. Tremor8-m reticle

NF confirmed as far as the commercial and Milspec ATACR lines are concerned they are built to the same standards on various social media posts. I dont think this was true of their older scopes vs mil spec but the ATACR is a newer line.

I can’t speak to contract specifics to say if the ones sold to .mil go through any additional certifications but they were willing to share they are built the same.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
So I haven't seen them on any photos of URG-Is but they are on NSWDG new 6arc rifle. So technically that is how they are being delivered to the military. Also they are on the MRGG-S however that isn't using a mk16.

I think it has to do with whether or not mk16s are still being deliver to socom for URGIs. Even NSWs URGIs do not have them which would be the newer ones.
View Quote

Yeah I wish Geissele would just be a bit more transparent and update their listing stating the change if it is indeed the actual new revision that’s shipping out to SOCOM units for the URG-I program specifically. I’ve spent more time than I care to admit scrolling through every page of this forum, reddit, and instagram pages trying to find an issued one with the new inserts being fielded with zero luck. Like you said, if they aren’t fulfilling contracts at the moment I could see them just sending them out with the inserts as most of their other rails now have them. For the inserts to actually be correct on the Mk.16, wouldn’t the NSN have to be updated/revised and go through additional testing and what not? Not for sure if the NSN was revised or changed previously, as to my knowledge the Mk.16 was initially adopted with a 6061 construction and changed to a 7000 series aluminum like they are now, and people were reporting subtle machining differences between the two. I’ve went too far down the rabbit hole trying to get an answer on this lol.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I mean it's more logical and obviously stouter than not having it and using the Magpul MLOK QD adapter which is another $20 extra...............
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Is G still currently providing 13.5” rails for the URGI program?
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Who want's to be the first to own that Vortex Contract mount us mere civiliians aren't privy to???  Only $600 bones dawg but it's legit...................

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/Vortex-Razor-Socom-Mount/163-2405640/
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:
Who want's to be the first to own that Vortex Contract mount us mere civiliians aren't privy to???  Only $600 bones dawg but it's legit...................

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/Vortex-Razor-Socom-Mount/163-2405640/
View Quote

Yeah, that's not hot at all.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:49:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stickyheat] [#29]
Never mind
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 1:28:15 AM EDT
[#30]
some recent URGI photos at a fort liberty celebrity competition:

fort liberty 2023
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:14:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By little_grease:
some recent URGI photos at a fort liberty celebrity competition:

fort liberty 2023
View Quote

Interesting that they all had a2 flash hiders and mostly waffle stocks
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:55:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Herk-Healer:

Interesting that they all had a2 flash hiders and mostly waffle stocks
View Quote

And black eotechs.  Think I’ve only ever seen 1 other picture with one.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#33]
10th SF

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#34]
75th Rangers

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Whoa, they've got an LAMG? I didn't know those got adopted.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 8:52:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stickyheat] [#36]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Whoa, they've got an LAMG? I didn't know those got adopted.
View Quote

Been seeing a few pictures of them with those. Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 3:53:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Was there any use of black mk16’s?  Would this be similar to usage of black ris ii’s?

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:47:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lmc10278] [#38]
Originally Posted By RichieRich562:
Was there any use of black mk16’s?  Would this be similar to usage of black ris ii’s?

View Quote

None that I’ve ever seen. As for Ris II’s, I’m sure someone will disagree, but most photos of people claiming seeing black RIS II’s in the wild are just darker shades of FDE anodizing. Not saying there isn’t any in existence but they would be extremely rare if there are/were any.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Got a response back from Geissele CS in regard to the reinforced sling QD inserts

https://i.postimg.cc/25CLCWcM/IMG-8018.jpg
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Got a response back from Geissele CS in regard to the reinforced sling QD inserts

https://i.postimg.cc/25CLCWcM/IMG-8018.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Is that Surefire on a pro body?
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Rangers

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 4runnagunna:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4runnagunna:

Yes
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 5:28:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Riflemaniac24] [#44]
Originally Posted By tanodized:
Here's the current lineup from left to right:
SOT61230 (Commercial), SVPS (Contract), SVPS (Commercial), DVO (Commercial)  

https://i.imgur.com/sIGnSOw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OO798Tu.jpg

Originally the DVO was advertised as limited availability contract overruns. While that may still be the case, there must be a lot of them. Its SKU has remained persistent while SIG has eliminated several other Tango6T variants from retail.

I was hopeful the SOT61SVPS would also be identical to the contract version. Unfortunately you can see there are still numerous external differences. Notice it too shares the Oregon registered CAGE code with the DVO. Assuming this was a transition across recent production. Additionally, it lacks the 'W' prefix in the part number. SIG typically uses that to denote MIL/LE products.

There have been some alterations to the Tango4 mount as well:

https://i.imgur.com/t2eR938.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mgW1Gjj.jpg

Both the contract SVPS and commercial DVO share the "DVO" marked titanium mount. However, the latest commercial SVPS drops the previous identifier from the model name. The newer mount features two divots on the cross bolts and four across the scope base and ring caps. I'm curious if this denotes a similar design change or incompatibility across generations as found with the ADM mount for the Mk20 SSR.

https://i.imgur.com/wuRpgQo.png
View Quote

@tanodized So does the SOT61230 have the same reticle at the SOTSVPS? I am confused because the FL6 Hellfire reticle does not seem to be the same as the SOCOM M855A1 reticle.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Rangers

https://i.postimg.cc/nhMF6BQ7/20240104-173857.jpg
View Quote

Is that a mk5 on the rifle on the tripod?
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Having one and and that silhouette that's most def a tano MK5....................I just want the fuckers to release the TANO ones to the public
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:

Having one and and that silhouette that's most def a tano MK5....................I just want the fuckers to release the TANO ones to the public
View Quote

My body is ready
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Riflemaniac24:
@tanodized So does the SOT61230 have the same reticle at the SOTSVPS? I am confused because the FL6 Hellfire reticle does not seem to be the same as the SOCOM M855A1 reticle.
View Quote

In addition to Sig's own published materials posted earlier, this article from SolSys shows the Tango 6T version submitted to SOCOM was the WSOT61233 featuring the M855A1 Hellfire reticle.

However, after final selection SOCOM then wanted Sig to replace the wire reticle with a new glass etched Tremor8; providing them an additional ten-million dollar contract to make the engineering change. That triggered Leupold to protest the entire contest, resulting in what seems to have been a multi-year protracted delay in deployment of the SU-293.

The legal determinations of those proceedings along with any potential settlements or accommodations are still unclear. What is evident are Sig S-VPS's starting to be observed on URG-I's. Those scopes being equipped with glass etched FL-6 Hellfire reticles, and Sig no longer manufacturing or making available for sale their previous wire reticle designs to include the SOT61233.

So all that is to say that yes, the SOT61230 has the same FL-6 reticle as the SOTSVPS, because the M855A1 Hellfire reticle is not the actual SOCOM reticle (anymore.) Hopefully that clears it up.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Clear as mud
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Looks like it.
Page / 265
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top