Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
DangerDan, ur back?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HotLead:

Doesn't matter, its still not an Ops Inc.
DangerDan, ur back?

I don't have an OPS can picture to post though, lol.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

Not to split hairs, but Ron has been the constant factor. From Ops to AE, and even the brains/support behind Trajectory taking these on. Sure the name on the cans is changing, but not really the cans themselves. At least not enough to matter.
View Quote
Rob taught Alex how to make them, in his shop, so he's basically a remote employee. They are the same. Made the same way

Ops to AEM is just 2 holes omitted on some stacks, in essence.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:55:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Recently acquired two PRI A1 lowers, is anyone running these on their Mod H? Don’t think they made many factory A1 lowers but can’t find much info on them.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WittyTiger:
Recently acquired two PRI A1 lowers, is anyone running these on their Mod H? Don’t think they made many factory A1 lowers but can’t find much info on them.

https://i.imgur.com/u1k7Kn0.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/dr20cyG.jpeg
View Quote

Not sure how long they were in production, but they seemed readily available for a while. I ended up going with a their 80% lower because I didn't like the trademarks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HotLead:
Doubletapped on an old post.

Anyone have pics of a genuine MK262 ammo can?
View Quote

Hope this helps - Couple different ones that I came across- I believe one from ‘04 and then one from ‘21? (guessing from nomenclature of lot numbers) The older one had been repurposed at one point and had the original round count oversprayed.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DP1171:

Hope this helps - Couple different ones that I came across- I believe one from ‘04 and then one from ‘21? (guessing from nomenclature of lot numbers) The older one had been repurposed at one point and had the original round count oversprayed.

View Quote

Thank you very much, I am trying to make a reusable template for a few cans
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I asked this in the Mod H thread but this gets more traffic. What optics have been seen on the Mod H’s besides what’s posted on page 1? Also, how crucified am I gonna get for a Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 but with M1 turrets and non-illum reticle? Found one semi close to me for $750.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:
I asked this in the Mod H thread but this gets more traffic. What optics have been seen on the Mod H's besides what's posted on page 1? Also, how crucified am I gonna get for a Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 but with M1 turrets and non-illum reticle? Found one semi close to me for $750.
View Quote
M1 just don't look right and small amount of adjustment per turn. Sadly the custom.shop won't reopen so u can't have it converted anymore.

Do it right. It sucks. Takes hours of time to dig for pics and read page 1 and troll the internet for pics.... But it's part of it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#9]
M1 just don't look right and small amount of adjustment per turn. Sadly the custom.shop won't reopen so u can't have it converted anymore.

Do it right. It sucks. Takes hours of time to dig for pics and read page 1 and troll the internet for pics.... But it's part of it.
View All Quotes
I asked this in the Mod H thread but this gets more traffic. What optics have been seen on the Mod H's besides what's posted on page 1? Also, how crucified am I gonna get for a Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 but with M1 turrets and non-illum reticle? Found one semi close to me for $750.

^^

You'll be more satisfied if you do it right the first time.  I had a lot of placeholder scopes when I joined the game and I'm confident it cost me a whole lot of extra cash and time by not just holding out a bit longer at times.  Lots of M3 3.5-10's illuminated and non-illum show up on the EE.  Either would work and look the part.  Pics of both illum and non-illum in used on page 1.  Granted if you wanna go balls out you can find an old Premier vari-x III FFP : ).  

But a mark 4 3.5-10x40 m3 will do it and regularly show up between the EE, the bay, etc for not much more than what you're looking at paying for the M1.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:05:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadsquiggles] [#10]

View Quote

Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

^^

You'll be more satisfied if you do it right the first time.  I had a lot of placeholder scopes when I joined the game and I'm confident it cost me a whole lot of extra cash and time by not just holding out a bit longer at times.  Lots of M3 3.5-10's illuminated and non-illum show up on the EE.  Either would work and look the part.  Pics of both illum and non-illum in used on page 1.  Granted if you wanna go balls out you can find an old Premier vari-x III FFP : ).  

But a mark 4 3.5-10x40 m3 will do it and regularly show up between the EE, the bay, etc for not much more than what you're looking at paying for the M1.
View Quote

Much appreciated, guys. I’ll keep searching.  Lack of patience is the main reason my Mod 1 never got finished.

On a side note, I think I need to pick up some barrel shims to replace my crush washer. The brake is installed with a crush washer currently, and I’m getting like 12 full turns before I hit the taper. I feel like I remember reading something about more than 10 turns exposes something when the can is mounted. I might be remembering incorrectly though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 6:53:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#11]

Much appreciated, guys. I’ll keep searching.  Lack of patience is the main reason my Mod 1 never got finished.

On a side note, I think I need to pick up some barrel shims to replace my crush washer. The brake is installed with a crush washer currently, and I’m getting like 12 full turns before I hit the taper. I feel like I remember reading something about more than 10 turns exposes something when the can is mounted. I might be remembering incorrectly though.
View All Quotes

^^

Did your brake come with one of Ron’s spacers?

ETA: pic for pic thread

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#12]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/IMG_5173_jpeg-3174961.JPG
View Quote

It might have. But I bought it when I started building my Mod 1 like 6 or 7 years ago. It was installed with shims back then but I didn’t have a can at the time so no clue if the spacing was dead on. If it came with a spacer, it’s long gone.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#13]

It might have. But I bought it when I started building my Mod 1 like 6 or 7 years ago. It was installed with shims back then but I didn’t have a can at the time so no clue if the spacing was dead on. If it came with a spacer, it’s long gone.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/IMG_5173_jpeg-3174961.JPG

I think I’ve got a spare if you want it, just shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Easter family photo

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I remembered reading several pages ago about the right thicker A2 PG that has the right side profile
 Where can I find one? I have the wrong one on my MK12.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
I remembered reading several pages ago about the right thicker A2 PG that has the right side profile
 Where can I find one? I have the wrong one on my MK12.
View Quote

Shark had some of the older slightly thicker Colt A2’s recently.  May be worth checking out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Hopefully last optic question. For a Mk4 3.5-10 M3 LR/T non illum mildot reticle, how incorrect is a 7.62mm M118LR 175gr marked elevation turret instead of the .308Win 168gr marking?

And here’s my Mod 1 before I replaced the stock with an adjustable, which will soon be my Mod H. Excuse the optic and mount.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Easter family photo

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/IMG_5186_jpeg-3174985.JPG
View Quote

There's something about black.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Hopefully last optic question. For a Mk4 3.5-10 M3 LR/T non illum mildot reticle, how incorrect is a 7.62mm M118LR 175gr marked elevation turret instead of the .308Win 168gr marking?

And here’s my Mod 1 before I replaced the stock with an adjustable, which will soon be my Mod H. Excuse the optic and mount.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430237/IMG_6357_jpeg-3176495.JPG
View Quote

If you paint the part of the elevation knob where it has the BDC cartridge data nobody will know
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

If you paint the part of the elevation knob where it has the BDC cartridge data nobody will know
View Quote

You have a point. I do plan on spraying the rifle anyway
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:

View All Quotes
Easter family photo

Yeah, it's boring.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Yeah, it's boring.
View All Quotes
Easter family photo

Yeah, it's boring.

Agreed. Spray all the things.

Anyway, PRI tube came in today. Yanked the RAS and threw the tube on. Much gooder. RAS is gonna get sold to finance a Leupy 3.5-10, then still need a Recce rail and A107s. Need to grab a long bottom rail and MVG. Then it needs spray paint.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Yeah, it's boring.
View All Quotes
Easter family photo

Yeah, it's boring.

Tan would certainly blend in nicely here. We'll see!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm sure a lot of you know already, but PRI re-released the original M84 charging handle with the welded hotdog latch....well kinda - they left the cutout in the latch. Mine should be arriving tomorrow, it's more clone correct than what I had.
https://www.precisionreflex.com/charging-handles/2222-original-m84-gas-buster-charging-handle-welded-military-big-latch.html
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By pinball-1:
I'm sure a lot of you know already, but PRI re-released the original M84 charging handle with the welded hotdog latch....well kinda - they left the cutout in the latch. Mine should be arriving tomorrow, it's more clone correct than what I had.
https://www.precisionreflex.com/charging-handles/2222-original-m84-gas-buster-charging-handle-welded-military-big-latch.html
View Quote

So im tempted to get one of these to use instead of my welded latch. Had no idea.
They look correct to me, when compared to my original.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#26]

So im tempted to get one of these to use instead of my welded latch. Had no idea.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52044385600_222c973270_c.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pinball-1:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52044385600_222c973270_c.jpg

Not much about it is the same unfortunately.  I guess it'll ensure it won't be mistaken for an original for those who know.  But kind of a disappointment how many things are wrong at that price point.  But will be a cool piece for folks who don't care about the small details and just want something to look the part at a distance.  I do think it's cool there's something for that part of the community.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#27]
So ur saying u want the hole filled with weld and machined so it's solid?

Hmm lol
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone have this patch that they would want to sell to me? I want one to put in my shadow box. Thanks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Mod 0, mod 1, both still seem to have a demand for these olllll rangssss!

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:20:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#30]
So ur saying u want the hole filled with weld and machined so it's solid?

Hmm lol
View Quote

Nope. Unless the pics are just misleading the finish looks different on the latch and I’m assuming laser engraved.  Maybe the photos on the site are just misleading?  At minimum the markings are different and the pic has a solid roll pin .  

ETA: Not so great pic of mine on my late mod 0.  Happy there’s options for folks that want one as mentioned in my OP.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Nope. Unless the pics are just misleading the finish looks different on the latch and I’m assuming laser engraved.  Maybe the photos on the site are just misleading?  At minimum the markings are different and the pic has a solid roll pin .  

ETA: Not so great pic of mine on my late mod 0.  Happy there’s options for folks that want one as mentioned in my OP.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/IMG_5182_jpeg-3178114.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/IMG_5181_jpeg-3178116.JPG
View Quote

Not a bad source of the older latches. You'd have to blast and parkerize it.

I wonder if they'd sell me just a latch to complete my original. Haven't had much luck finding a loose one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Svensson:

I wonder if they'd sell me just a latch to complete my original. Haven't had much luck finding a loose one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Svensson:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/IMG_5182_jpeg-3178114.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/IMG_5181_jpeg-3178116.JPG

That’d be a cool project!
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
Does anyone have this patch that they would want to sell to me? I want one to put in my shadow box. Thanks.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/202402/IMG_8341_jpeg-3177939.JPG
View Quote

I’m sure I can find a spare sitting around somewhere. Shoot me a DM.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey everyone,

It's good to see this thread is alive and well.  Where might a dude find a good source for a vintage M16A1 LPK including A1 pistol grip that would look correct in a stripped GM Hydra lower?  I actually have 3 GM lowers, so need 3 LPKs minus the trigger components I guess since those will be Geissele.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CPshooter1:
Hey everyone,

It's good to see this thread is alive and well.  Where might a dude find a good source for a vintage M16A1 LPK including A1 pistol grip that would look correct in a stripped GM Hydra lower?  I actually have 3 GM lowers, so need 3 LPKs minus the trigger components I guess since those will be Geissele.

Thanks in advance!
View Quote

IntlMilCo has those parts in stock from time to time.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Lucky you snagged that because I would have if I had seen it in time. I have 2 Recon Nav-spec x24's but the army-spec has eluded me so far. That was a great price with rings and everything. Congrats
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#39]
So missing a couple of pieces that I suppose need to make her exact, the new pri retro gasbuster, is it as bad as ergo's retro grip or slightly better or worse.

I suppose items I do need to make her exact
62 grain m3 turret,
Welded gasbuster,
Period correct bipod adapter that is correctly marked.
If anyone has any leads please message or email me.
Marty
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Went and shot my Mk12 today. Loving the MK5HD

Went through a bunch of different ammo and nothing seems to be grouping 1moa or better sadly. I don't know if I was having an off day or what but I was doing pretty well with my Seekins HIT in 6.5.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 5:33:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hydrostatic_cling] [#41]
That’s typical performance. They’re 1moa performers typically but occasionally I’ll get an ammo lot or have the right weather and squeeze 3/4” 5 shots. I really don’t see anything special from the Douglas barrels.

Best performance has still been 53 and 52 gr Sierras and a moderate load. Or 69 SMK and sometimes 69 TMK

Mirage will also work against you since these systems are piping hot after 10 rnds.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Yumago:
Went and shot my Mk12 today. Loving the MK5HD

Went through a bunch of different ammo and nothing seems to be grouping 1moa or better sadly. I don't know if I was having an off day or what but I was doing pretty well with my Seekins HIT in 6.5.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/493545/20240407_130709_jpg-3181345.JPG
View Quote

What ammo/handloads did you try?
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:

Lucky you snagged that because I would have if I had seen it in time. I have 2 Recon Nav-spec x24's but the army-spec has eluded me so far. That was a great price with rings and everything. Congrats
View Quote
I honestly need a Recon nav-spec for my build but couldn't pass it up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

What ammo/handloads did you try?
View Quote

No hand loads

AAC 75 and 77
Stand 1 77gr TMK
Sig 77 elite
73gr GMM
77gr GMM
PPU 75gr
Razorcore

I'll buy more AAC and Razorcore
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I wish there was a better way to know when you dudes are looking for stuff. HEAT just had 2 army specs up for $1500ea the other day in their garage sale.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

I wish there was a better way to know when you dudes are looking for stuff. HEAT just had 2 army specs up for $1500ea the other day in their garage sale.
View Quote

Is that a bargain for those? I would like to get something more correct then my MK4 3x9 M1
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Who's HEAT?
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Who's HEAT?
View All Quotes

Who's HEAT?

The scope from HEAT.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

The scope from HEAT.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

Who's HEAT?

The scope from HEAT.

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:30:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Been a long time since I posted in this thread, I am thinking about finally pulling the trigger on a can for my Mod 1

Will the AEM5 fit on Ops Inc brake/collar correct? (I don't care if it's not a Ops Inc can)
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top