AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 115
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Midazoslam:
Aaaaand Sup Def is out of stock.

I am actually really surprised they all went this fast.
View Quote

I'm surprised they took that long to sell out........As stated we've been drooling and begging for Noveske to do a run for years in here then they do and per LsuJon only 100 pieces.  I honestly thought they'd sell out in an hour or less............I was talking shit the whole time but 3 minutes after LsuJon posted they went live I bought mine lol. Kinda pissed I never got an email notification on them though
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 12:05:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:

I'm surprised they took that long to sell out........As stated we've been drooling and begging for Noveske to do a run for years in here then they do and per LsuJon only 100 pieces.  I honestly thought they'd sell out in an hour or less............I was talking shit the whole time but 3 minutes after LsuJon posted they went live I bought mine lol. Kinda pissed I never got an email notification on them though
View Quote

Was this a one-time run?
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 1:10:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Midazoslam:

Was this a one-time run?
View Quote

Honestly they sold quicker than Noveske's current catalog listed barrels so I would not be very surprised if there was a 2nd run, or more runs

Link Posted: 10/31/2023 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

That's odd you didn't get a confirmation. They sent me one. I would check your spam folder.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TheSogster:

That's odd you didn't get a confirmation. They sent me one. I would check your spam folder.
View Quote

Let me rephrase my previous lol I got Invoice and shipping notification on my barrel just never got a email notification that they were in Stock!  Luckily I was on here fucking off and LsuJon posted up while I was cruising the H thread making sure I didn't miss anything about the release........
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Ahhhh. Congrats on grabbing one. I got a shipping notification on mine as well.

Cheers
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 1:22:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PantherONE] [#7]
I hope they do another run. Anybody got one of these Noveske barrel and has it testet already ? How is accuracy ? Maybe compared to the Douglas from PRI ?
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PantherONE:
I hope they do another run. Anybody got one of these Noveske barrel and has it testet already ? How is accuracy ? Maybe compared to the Douglas from PRI ?
View Quote

Bruh they just shipped a day ago so nobody has had a chance or probably even has theirs yet.  I want to compare to my PRI Douglas and CLE Douglas
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 9:41:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheSogster] [#9]
Tracking shows they just made the label for mine and it hasn't really shipped.

Link Posted: 11/1/2023 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Bruh they just shipped a day ago so nobody has had a chance or probably even has theirs yet.  I want to compare to my PRI Douglas and CLE Douglas
View Quote

Would be interesting !
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 7:45:02 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
They better be .4moa all day lol.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Man you ain’t lying lol $600 bones is getting into some serious custom barrel action!  @PantherOne yes sir it will be interesting I have a PRI Douglas and it’s proven in this thread but my CLE Douglas is probably a month or so from shipping and the Noveske’s probably a week
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Eh….. I know it’s not “correct” but my bison is an absolute hammer. It’s more accurate than my Douglas mod 1. Besides, there was that very nice guy who posted about putting a BA in his issued mod h. Nobody is gonna tell from a picture that my H has the “wrong” barrel manufacturer in it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:
Eh….. I know it’s not “correct” but my bison is an absolute hammer. It’s more accurate than my Douglas mod 1. Besides, there was that very nice guy who posted about putting a BA in his issued mod h. Nobody is gonna tell from a picture that my H has the “wrong” barrel manufacturer in it.
View Quote

I went back and forth about ordering a Noveske.  I ended up passing.

I have a Bison in my mod H based on yours and a few other recommendations.  Very happy with it.  It’s more accurate than a CLE Douglas I have in another rifle.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 12:26:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#15]
Originally Posted By Subpar:

I have a Bison in my mod H based on yours and a few other recommendations.  Very happy with it.  It’s more accurate than a CLE Douglas I have in another rifle.
View All Quotes

Oh now y’all MF’ers say something after I order all of them

ETA:  Jus fucking around as Blue hath showed the Bisons capable and for $210 I’ll probably buy a 16 and 18” SPR for shiggles.  I bought the Noveske to flip on you fuckers for $1 million dollars
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#16]

I have a Bison in my mod H based on yours and a few other recommendations.  Very happy with it.  It's more accurate than a CLE Douglas I have in another rifle.
View All Quotes
Eh .. I know it's not "correct" but my bison is an absolute hammer. It's more accurate than my Douglas mod 1. Besides, there was that very nice guy who posted about putting a BA in his issued mod h. Nobody is gonna tell from a picture that my H has the "wrong" barrel manufacturer in it.

I have a Bison in my mod H based on yours and a few other recommendations.  Very happy with it.  It's more accurate than a CLE Douglas I have in another rifle.

My bison has 400rnds on it. It was good for me! It's in the parts bin lol. The woa isn't as tight as it used to be but it's still going, and I enjoy the challenge

In actuality I just need to make a 2nd Mod H
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#17]

My bison has 400rnds on it. It was good for me! It's in the parts bin lol. The woa isn't as tight as it used to be but it's still going, and I enjoy the challenge

In actuality I just need to make a 2nd Mod H
View Quote

With a URX 4!
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 12:53:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Teufelhunden1] [#18]
2 important pieces for my first H arrived.That barrel though!

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:05:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#19]
Originally Posted By Teufelhunden1:
2 important pieces for my first H arrived, that barrel though!

https://i.imgur.com/gwVSyCg.jpg
View Quote

Noice!!  I need to get a GM Hydra Lower

ETA:  I foresee a lot of Noveske GB’s on the EE shortly.  I for one have no use for it when mine arrives
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#20]
My barrel just showed up as well
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

MF’er did y’all have to sign for it?  My tracking shows the gotDayum delivery attempt no authorized
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#22]
What optics everybody gonna run on all the new/noveske builds?
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#23]

MF’er did y’all have to sign for it?  My tracking shows the gotDayum delivery attempt no authorized
View All Quotes

Had to sign
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
View Quote
Gotta get it coated first before I settle on an optic for it
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Teufelhunden1:

Had to sign
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009619680?pid=928838
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 5:01:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#27]
View All Quotes

Already have it on my current configuration and it will stay.  It’s a very nice piece considering the older tech

Link Posted: 11/3/2023 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
View All Quotes

Rattle can doesn't require glass decisions.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes

Damn, those things are still in stock? Must've been a shit load of them in their last order or everyone that wants one now has one or two.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Already have it on my current configuration and it will stay.  It’s a very nice piece considering the older tech

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/221690/0A79E6BE-C1F0-499B-BAA7-57F235943C8A-3014692.jpg
View Quote

Looks fantastic! I cant wait to get mint built and mounted
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:37:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#31]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Rattle can doesn't require glass decisions.
View Quote
Well its a clone thread so no rattle can on the barrel until after the coating goes down.

Also only parts I have atm:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 12:38:12 AM EDT
[#32]
As far as clone correct options, the best performing optic for the platform and its size is probably the 1-& atacr. Although I recall a pic of a 4-20 atacr as well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:45:33 AM EDT
[#33]
As far as clone correct options, the best performing optic for the platform and its size is probably the 1-& atacr. Although I recall a pic of a 4-20 atacr as well.
View Quote

If I wasn't a poor, I would agree. Best is whatever the user can afford.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone have a lead on a urx?
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#35]
For this that got their Noveske barrels, wasnt sure if it was posted somewhere with regards twist, button/cut/hf etc. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By tamboi:
For this that got their Noveske barrels, wasnt sure if it was posted somewhere with regards twist, button/cut/hf etc. Thanks
View Quote

Standard 1:7 SS Polygonal cut Noveske barrel but made exact off a real original barrel sent to them to get the dimensions off of.  

OTH I thought somewhere in here where it shows an original Noveske it was bare Stainless no?  Or black but I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't FDE...............????
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#37]
The first page says the noveske barrel was FDE. The debate is on what type of finish it is. There is also a pic on page 1 of an H with no suppressor installed where you can see the FDE.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By brennon272:
The first page says the noveske barrel was FDE. The debate is on what type of finish it is. There is also a pic on page 1 of an H with no suppressor installed where you can see the FDE.
View Quote
So the coating is cerakote H265. Otter weapons work (idk his username here lol) contacted PRI and they confirmed it.  @lancecriminal86 can also confirm this.

so that's good news for us that the easier route is actually the correct route for once this time.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 7:24:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#39]
So the coating is cerakote H265. Otter weapons work (idk his username here lol) contacted PRI and they confirmed it.  @lancecriminal86 can also confirm this.

so that's good news for us that the easier route is actually the correct route for once this time.
View All Quotes

Who ya'll gonna get to coat it?  I painted mine and it's pretty legit albeit the color won't be a dead match to H265

ETA:  We going with the Badger GB?  Do we know which GB was actually used?
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Who ya'll gonna get to coat it?  I painted mine and it's pretty legit albeit the color won't be a dead match to H265

ETA:  We going with the Badger GB?  Do we know which GB was actually used?
View Quote
PSD and PRI is the correct gas block.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#41]
PSD and PRI is the correct gas block.
View Quote

I got a PRI ready when paint dries.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 11:32:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#42]

View Quote

For $600 it should already BE coated in H265....

....they coated Otters in H265.....and only his. They have the ability, they just didn't. *Ass: Chapped*

~ I'll try and keep the banter to a minimum~
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Ok makes sense but does PRI offer a barrel cerakote service?
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

According to page 1, there were three different "generations" of Mod H. The last ones were all built by PRI, but the second also used noveske FDE barrels and they were assembled by .mil. It would make sense that the third and last generation of Mod H to be in Cerakote, but I wonder if durakote or similar would be appropriate for the second generation? My understanding is that PRI had no role in supplying the second generation other than the foreend, recce rail, and gb, so not sure how they would know what all mod H Noveske barrels were coated in other than the ones that went on the uppers they assembled. Of course, all of this is predicated on the info on page 1 being accurate.

On a separate note, page 1 says that Armalite uppers could have been used. Does anyone have a picture of a Mod H with an Armalite upper? I have one in the parts been that I want to use lol.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#46]

According to page 1, there were three different "generations" of Mod H. The last ones were all built by PRI, but the second also used noveske FDE barrels and they were assembled by .mil. It would make sense that the third and last generation of Mod H to be in Cerakote, but I wonder if durakote or similar would be appropriate for the second generation? My understanding is that PRI had no role in supplying the second generation other than the foreend, recce rail, and gb, so not sure how they would know what all mod H Noveske barrels were coated in other than the ones that went on the uppers they assembled. Of course, all of this is predicated on the info on page 1 being accurate.

On a separate note, page 1 says that Armalite uppers could have been used. Does anyone have a picture of a Mod H with an Armalite upper? I have one in the parts been that I want to use lol.
View Quote
From my understanding it's because they assembled all the uppers besides the first few that were proof of concepts that were all black. They are also who coated the Noveske barrels.

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Reference Lancecriminal's post on upper markings here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Official-Mk12-Mod0-Mod1-ModH-Photo-and-Discussion-Thread/118-520524/?page=956

AFAIK, we haven't seen an Armalite upper on a Mod H, however, given that they were used on Mod 0s, its logical to conclude a few of the Mod H rebuilds used them.  Colt AF's were also common on Mod 0's and we have photos of them on Mod H's.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 3:14:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#48]
Imagine PRI selling correct, Noveske made, properly coated barrels on their site for $550, and also having the option to build a noveske barrelled mod H to spec on their site.

THAT is how you bring a product to market. That is the partnership that is needed....because that's how it was done.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Imagine PRI selling correct, Noveske made, properly coated barrels on their site for $550, and also having the option to build a noveske barrelled mod H to spec on their site.

THAT is how you bring a product to market. That is the partnership that is needed....because that's how it was done.
View Quote

How it was done for a Military customer. They probably don't see much return/profit if they were to do this for the average consumer. And if they were to, I'm assuming they would be more expensive than their Douglas barreled uppers and then people would cry about the prices.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#50]
I'll be sending my barrel to Ankratz for the cerakote and then she'll be ready to build back up..............Went with the PRI Adjustable GB
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top