Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2023 9:54:47 PM EDT
Thinking about another PSA rifle. How do you guys feel about the JAKL? Is the heat build up a big deal still? Is it possible to have the barrel replaced if you shoot out one?

And what barrel length would you JAKL owners recommend?
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like mine, despite very limited use so far, so I can't really comment on the heat issue.
The barrel can be removed, although it's apparently easier to get congress to stop sending money to Ukraine...
It's rumored different barrel profiles will be available, one day, sometime....
If you shoot out a JAKL barrel, I'm pretty sure PSA would re-barrel it for you. Assuming you could afford postage after buying all that 5.56....
The JAKL fairy is alleged to be coming out with a JAKL that takes AK mags and chambers 7.62x39 AND 5.45 interchangeably, once you figure out how to get the barrel off...
They also claim to be coming out with a 7.62 NATO JAKL that takes Pmags, but not Glock mags. I imagine when the 7.62 Glock carbine comes out that will change...

Joking aside, I like it a lot. And I really am looking forward to the Russian Collusion version, with the initial run featuring a cameo of Trump and Putin engraved on the lower....
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have about 500 rounds on mine. Great so far. It is the 14.5 inch with pined F/H. I would love a 16 in pencil profile barrel. And a .308 would be great!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a big thread in the industry forum
https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/THE-JAKL-THREAD/301-294805/

I'd like to get one in 300blk, waiting on restock of the standalone uppers
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:51:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my 10.5. Couple things I greatly dislike
1.  Why 10.5? 11.5 people
2. Why is the handguard short? Extend the rail over the gas block and cut out a slot to make it accessible through the rails
3. Seems like there’s a lot of opportunities to make some lightening cuts without decreasing the strength of the rifle.
4. Make it work with a radian adac. Ye sir will work with a standard lower but it’s not a standard rifle why wouldn’t uou want that to work with it?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:36:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with the no 11.5" complaint.

I'm also annoyed that all the standalone uppers in13.9 and 14.5 are P&W only. To add insult, they only offer muzzle devices I don't want.

Those two have soured me on a 5.56 JAKL upper or rifle. Now, the short Blackout upper... Daddy's waiting for one of those to go on sale.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#6]
My 10.5 jakl SBR is one of my favorite guns at this point. Its been a lot of fun to shoot. The recoil impulse is very different then that of a standard ar. It has also been very accurate with everything I have thrown at it. Just threw a sig MSR red dot for Night Vision and short range work. suppresses well overall.

Been super happy with it. Been debating on a 14.7” 5.56 or grabbing a 8.5 300blk.  Think the 300 stamped with a sig MCX folder would be so sweet.

Think a
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 5:25:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeeTN] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Amish_Bill:
I agree with the no 11.5" complaint.

I'm also annoyed that all the standalone uppers in13.9 and 14.5 are P&W only. To add insult, they only offer muzzle devices I don't want....
View Quote

+1 on both points
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:58:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Amish_Bill] [#8]
Originally Posted By LeeTN:

+1 on both points
View Quote
I was looking earlier today, and they had 14.5" uppers listed with no muzzle devices . It's almost like PSA pays attention to the things we bitch about.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#9]
A guy in a class was running one. It shot well and he didn't have any issues. I was considering one but I'm so full of ar's, I just don't need another.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Voland:
A guy in a class was running one. It shot well and he didn't have any issues. I was considering one but I'm so full of ar's, I just don't need another.
View Quote

That’s why I bought one, not just another AR lol.

Like my 14.5 so far, couple hundred rounds through it, smooth shooting gun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 14.5 and it is indeed very smooth. I like the 8 position gas block and it’s easy to adjust.

As a left handed shooter I appreciate the charging handle can be positioned on either side although my muscle memory is so programmed I kept grabbing for the rear.

They will never be light weight by design but that’s part of what makes them smooth shooters.

It won’t replace any of my DI’s, it’s just a fun something different sort of deal.
Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top