Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2023 9:24:08 PM EDT
I have a Meridian Defense AK I'm thinking of getting rid of and am looking into the PWS MK113 Alpha. Only 250 being made and going for $2500. They have been out for a while and haven't sold out, which makes me wonder if they are worth the limited edition title and cost compared to their standard rifles. Anyone have any input on this rifle? People seem to love PWS, but I have no experience with them. The piston experience I have is my LMT, which has been fantastic.

All help is appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL not for $2500. They're acting like a strictly commercial rifle will somehow be worth a crazy amount of money for collectors.

I read their description and it makes me laugh. They use a 1/7 5R twist on their 416R stainless barrels, been done before. Now they have a continuous top rail 1913 handguard and a gas block accessible from the front, cool.

About the only interesting thing about the gun is that its anodized OD green.

My old PWS MK111 MOD2M upper is relegated to sitting and collecting dust. Got a couple HK MR556 uppers and was able to modify them to my liking.

I'd suggest either an LMT or an HK.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By rh1030:
I have a Meridian Defense AK I'm thinking of getting rid of and am looking into the PWS MK113 Alpha. Only 250 being made and going for $2500. They have been out for a while and haven't sold out, which makes me wonder if they are worth the limited edition title and cost compared to their standard rifles. Anyone have any input on this rifle? People seem to love PWS, but I have no experience with them. The piston experience I have is my LMT, which has been fantastic.

All help is appreciated!
View Quote

AK Guy here, don't do it. I'm assuming it was built from a foreign Parts Kit, even if it wasn't...

I Love PWS, but Meridian AK's are not worth this trade. Hold onto that Meridian Defense AK, that is one you will definitely regret getting rid of. PWS makes amazing Products and Firearms, save up and buy yourself one. That limited edition looks cool, but nothing outside their normal lineup other than looks is going for it. Keep the AK.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
PWS makes a good product, but that’s absurd.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#4]
As others have said, not worth it for $2500. I love my PWS rifles and the Alphas are neat but the premium is just ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a feeling these would be the responses I would get. It seemed awfully expensive for what they are offering, but I'm now well versed in the company to know if I was miissing something. I appreciate the help! I did read the description a few times and was coming to the same conclusion as everyone else. I'm also not a fan of the pinned muzzle device that doesn't go with any suppressors I currently own. I am intrigueddd by the OD green! But not $2500 intrigued.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 11:39:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Headspacer] [#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like PWS is trying to get more Gucci, like the Geissele or LMT guys.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Stainless barrels killed it for me, even before price. Regular Mod 1 or mod2 is a better buy. I think PWS had the best gad system on the market.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hox:
Stainless barrels killed it for me, even before price. Regular Mod 1 or mod2 is a better buy. I think PWS had the best gad system on the market.
View Quote

That. I was contracting when they first came out and we bought some. The barrels were smoked fast. That being said, they never stopped working even though the Mod 0 rails got HAWT.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 12:57:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: alexA2] [#10]
The finish is beautiful.
Food for thought. Your limited to what pws pin and welds to the barrel unless your already set up for or plan to use their system
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 2:23:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Their barrels have been 4150 for a few years now.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By witchking777:
Their barrels have been 4150 for a few years now.
View Quote
Yes, I made a thread detailing that because thier website info was wrong a few years back and they changed materials without updating. These version are stainless again, however, according to their spec sheet. Idk why they would do that, seems silly. That's why the the regular models are superior IMO. I don't think anyone looking for a fighting carbine wants stainless until you hit DMR roles, which these clearly aren't. I actually paid for one on pre-order becasue I like unique stuff, but canceled because of the barrel material and pin/weld.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I looked at the PWS website and I dont see anything related to MK113 o Alpha....so I am not sure what yall are talking about

But as far as PWS, I have a MK114 and it is outstanding.  I think a PWS MK111 would be the ultimate SBR
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:
I looked at the PWS website and I dont see anything related to MK113 o Alpha....so I am not sure what yall are talking about
View Quote

https://www.primaryweapons.com/mk1-mk113-alpha-rifle-556/

They made some strange decisions for it, so I’m not sure what’s the appeal other than green ano.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top