Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2024 8:58:54 PM EDT
This popped up in my Youtube recommended videos a couple of days ago. It seems like a good idea, but appears to be bulky based on the pictures.  Anyone here tried them or seen them in person?

https://onehundredconcepts.com/products/paracordqdparacordqd

The Newest Way To Have A Sling QD That''s Completely Silent
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
like the concept. Ill probably buy one when they get the aluminum version out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered some of the Q sling devils to try out, might have to try one of these as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks pretty cool. I bought some paracord guides from ESD so I’m interested in this as well - however that $32 for one… I’ll let y’all recoup the R&D and personally wait for a sale.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Or for free, you just undo the webbing strap end of the tri-slide that is holding your paracord loop.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:18:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone else hear that distinct SNAP upon detachment? So what about noise or sound were they comparing to normal QD slings? My slings never make a snapping sound.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 5:17:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Or just 550 cord it right to the rifle and save money.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:00:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Luny421] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:

https://i.postimg.cc/bY5wv9b2/IMG-0610.jpg
View Quote

Watch the video in the OP from 0:25-0:50, it covers the downsides of attaching paracord directly to the rail.

It’s the reason I ditched my Proctor slings
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Luny421:

Watch the video in the OP from 0:25-0:50, it covers the downsides of attaching paracord directly to the rail.

It's the reason I ditched my Proctor slings
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Luny421:

https://i.postimg.cc/bY5wv9b2/IMG-0610.jpg

It's the reason I ditched my Proctor slings
If for some reason I need to separate the sling from the upper I'll just un loop the sling from the 550. My Proctor sling comes off easy enough also.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#9]
If for some reason I need to separate the sling from the upper I'll just un loop the sling from the 550. My Proctor sling comes off easy enough also.
View Quote

Yeah agreed, that seems like the definition of a quibble... Unlooping the sling doesn’t take that much time, or sliding off the buttstock for the lower if you need that part.

Now if they said that paracord wears out, abrades, you can’t do a quick adjustment Magpul Dynamics style then sure, but I’m not sold on the “gotta remove the sling for upper lower” idea. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
Or for free, you just undo the webbing strap end of the tri-slide that is holding your paracord loop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:

I store my long guns without slings and often transport my AR in separate pieces.  I'm willing to spend a few bucks for a quick and convenient method for attaching and detaching a sling.

Originally Posted By ARgonot:
Anyone else hear that distinct SNAP upon detachment? So what about noise or sound were they comparing to normal QD slings? My slings never make a snapping sound.
I assumed that comment referred to carrying the weapon.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top