Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2023 1:20:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snog702]
I've seen on multiple places online at this point that POF has submitted rifles to domestic and foreign military solicitations (and been successful), and I was wondering if anyone had any information on these. I know that they had been an entrant for the USMC's IAR  program years ago, with rumors as to which entrant they were on the FOIA report.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By snog702:
I've seen on multiple places online at this point that POF has submitted rifles to domestic and foreign military solicitations (and been successful), and I was wondering if anyone had any information on these. I know that they had been an entrant for the USMC's IAR  program years ago, with rumors as to which entrant they were on the FOIA report.
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By QCMGR:

Link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QCMGR:

Link?

https://web.archive.org/web/20100706213650/http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2008/09/marine_iar_091308/

On the P415 Edge video Small arms solutions posted, he mentioned other "foreign solicitations", and other anecdotal sources like YouTube comments keep mentioning the New Zealand trials that the LMT Rifles eventually won.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

If it had been successful, we would know about it . . .
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

If it was successful, it would be in service.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:52:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ryandarr1979] [#7]
I heard that POF had been selected but was overwhelmed by the fulfillment request. They couldn’t push out enough rifles to fulfill on time.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ryandarr1979:
I heard that POF had been selected but was overwhelmed by the fulfillment request. They couldn’t push out enough rifles to fulfill on time.
View Quote

Not really how the gov works. They force expansion or require them to license to a larger manufacturer.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ryandarr1979:
View Quote

I heard from a guy at the gun store that 5.56 is so lethal because it tumbles end over end in flight.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top