Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2024 7:36:31 PM EDT
When Springfield first started coming out with their ARs, there were accuracy issues from what I heard. I also saw a video review of a Springfield, which was jamming.

How are recent Springfield ARs in terms of reliability, durability, and longevity?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:53:23 AM EDT
[#1]
They use BA barrels that alone is enough reason to not buy one
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:26:12 AM EDT
[#2]
No idea, but just looking up prices of ~$899 for Springfield Saint, you could snag the IWI Zion Z-15 for the same price, which is pretty well regarded.

Specs on paper also seem basically identical, just likely a but higher QC at IWI.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tommee-boy-72:
View Quote

What's the issue with BA barrels? Honest question.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Stonia:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stonia:

GOOGLE SEARCH LINK
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps we should reverse the question: what do you stand to gain from buying a Springfield at that price point over numerous other models?

My response: no Springfields, period. If it is between the two, IWI. If you open it up to other options building your own is still the best idea, otherwise buy a Colt OEM series, install the furniture/rail of your choice and be happy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:
Perhaps we should reverse the question: what do you stand to gain from buying a Springfield at that price point over numerous other models?

My response: no Springfields, period. If it is between the two, IWI. If you open it up to other options building your own is still the best idea, otherwise buy a Colt OEM series, install the furniture/rail of your choice and be happy.
View Quote

The Springfields look nice. That's obviously not a reason to get one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

That's makes it a no go for me based on things I heard. Most recently one of the guys with a video channel was saying how is BCM uppers lasted much longer than his Aero ones which use BA barrels.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top