Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2024 5:50:07 PM EDT
Test rifles were a 14.5" barrel AR-15 & 10.5" barrel SBR. The SBR only has the gas vent. Other has both the vent & Sledgehammer CH.

Still got a lot of gas to my face with just the vent.

With both, there was no gas to my face. I'll be installing this CH in everything I run suppressed now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Surprised no one has chimed in. Did I miss something on the gas to the face front?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:13:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Stop the gas at the gasport and no need for fancy charging handles or extra parts to redirect the gas. All of mine have reduced gas ports and use H or H1 buffers and standard springs. No need for heavy buffers banging back and forth.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
Stop the gas at the gasport and no need for fancy charging handles or extra parts to redirect the gas. All of mine have reduced gas ports and use H or H1 buffers and standard springs. No need for heavy buffers banging back and forth.
View Quote

I run suppressed so H1 is not always the best bet.

Also, I do not have adjustable gas blocks, but thank you for chiming in about other parts.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Silicone trick will do more than any CH to reduce gas.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have adjustable gas block either. I thread the gasport hole and put a vented set screw in there with a .050 port. Works on my carbine and mid gas length guns. Works suppressed with H buffer and standard spring. BCM charging handles and no gas to face.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I came in to report that the charging handle does work and everyone chimes in telling me to do something else lol wow
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:15:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556_Chowder] [#7]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
I came in to report that the charging handle does work and everyone chimes in telling me to do something else lol wow
View Quote

I remember the first time I learned that some grown adults have the attention span of a gnat. It’s aggravating but you’ll get used to it.

I’m glad the charging handle worked out. I’ve got a PRI gas buster I’m waiting to try out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:29:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 556_Chowder:

I remember the first time I learned that some grown adults have the attention span of a gnat. It’s aggravating but you’ll get used to it.

I’m glad the charging handle worked out. I’ve got a PRI gas buster I’m waiting to try out.
View Quote

Thank you. Let us know how that one works out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
View Quote

I'll say that yes...The Sledgehammer is a great option and now my go to for price and performance.

If nothing else the economics and rugged build are worth it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
I don't have adjustable gas block either. I thread the gasport hole and put a vented set screw in there with a .050 port. Works on my carbine and mid gas length guns. Works suppressed with H buffer and standard spring. BCM charging handles and no gas to face.
View Quote

Tell us more
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top