Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2024 1:10:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: panzersergeant]
Does anybody have personal experience with this retro scope from Sarco? The ad doesn't give much info and can't find any reviews.

Retro scope at Sarco.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t have any experience with that one, but I may have to pick one up and try it out. Thanks for passing that on.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting.  I was bummed to waited too long on the Brownells one, but I would like to have some info on it.  That’s a pretty sparse ad.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]
If the scope caps are the tell, it’s a Spina optics scope.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#4]
How much rust and mildew?

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NoImpactNoIdea:
Interesting.  I was bummed to waited too long on the Brownells one, but I would like to have some info on it.  That’s a pretty sparse ad.
View Quote

Yeah, I contemplated the Brownells' scope as well but couldn't quite justify the 400 bucks for what will be a range toy. Thinking about giving this one a shot.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve got a couple of these as well as a brownells retro scope to compare it to.  

These are made by “hammers” and are the same 4x20 sold on gunbroker in the past.  The build quality is decent and I was able to zero it on my Troy xm177e2 at 100 yards no problem.

I have heard of quality issues but mine are nice, they are more authentic to an original colt as they have the large tension screw /access port on the left hand side.  The mount claw is sharper on the scope in question and the locking nib doesn’t engage until it’s too tight; you will guaranteed scratch the underside of your carry handle.  The base is also slightly smaller than the brownells so it might need shimmed for a tighter fit.  

I like mine,  I’m sure sarco would exchange if you had a defective one.  

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#8]
So this one then?

http://hammersbinoculars.store.turbify.net/restspa14xsc.html
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
Does anybody have personal experience with this retro scope from Sarco? The ad doesn't give much info and can't find any reviews.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/25872/retro_scope-3178892.jpg

Retro scope at Sarco.
View Quote

No, I don't have any experience with Sarco's retro scope, but I HAVE experience WITH Sarco, by way of a GB vendor.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/WTK-Is-OCRAS-Making-US-M-6-Bayonets-Now-/6-550819/
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I just want the lens caps.

Are they sold separately?

I searched ddg and didn't find them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:22:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: alternativebroccoli] [#11]
It’s a decent scope, it’ll scratch the hell out of your carry handle so I wouldn’t use it on a valuable gun however.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I took the plunge and ordered one. I put it on my H&R XM177E2. Previous poster was right about a loose fit in carry handle channel but a strip of black duct tape fixed that right up.

I took it to the range and once I got it dialed in I had no problem making headshots at 100 yards. For a hundred dollar range toy it works pretty good and definitely looks the part. The only other criticism I have other than the loose fit is the phillips head screws... I believe they should be slotted but no biggie.

Pretty satisfied with quality and performance for what I paid for it.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I have ordered from Sarco several times. I have always gotten what I ordered and the pictures matched. The last order, I ordered some M16 safety selectors. They have a picture of one showing the full face and the lever low just like the proper retro ones. I had plans to even dimple them. They do not show the other side though. I emailed them to ask was it in fact like the ones in the picture and did it have a tick mark. They assured me it was the one in the picture and they did not have a tick mark. They were almost $20 a piece. That was a lot to me for a safety selector but it was what I wanted. When I got them, they were just the new standard M16 selectors with the lever half in the face and a large V tick like others were selling. I contacted them and the lady tells me she didn't lie, that was just what they told her when she asked. (shrugs). She wanted a picture of what I got and all that. I just wrote it off as a loss. I just got $100 worth of safety selectors I will use one day for something. So just a heads up if anyone is buying safety selectors from there. But like I said, all else I have got from them has been pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:14:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mtomso7464] [#14]
I asked Sarco the same question (safteys) via email and never heard back so held off.  Guess I won't order now.
Another company had a picture of their forward assists.  The had a pic of an "real" one but at the price I was suspect so asked for pics.  He did send them to me but they were the typical repro's so I told him the pics did not match.  Not sure if he changed the picture though since I moved on and ended up buying two originals.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:19:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Apec] [#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alternativebroccoli:
It’s a decent scope, it’ll scratch the hell out of your carry handle so I wouldn’t use it on a valuable gun however.
View Quote

If you know the thread pitch of the mount screw, it could be possible to replace the claw/lever assembly with a brass washer and wingnut. I am considering this for a few optics mounts. This way you can get some proper torque on and not have to worry about damage.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top