Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2024 1:23:08 PM EDT
Im building a little fun gun for small game,kayak trips and just having fun.
10/22 in a Enoch chassis with a sb tactical 1913 brace,6 inch barrel with 6 inch supressor.
Would you prefer a rmr Sro  type red dot or aimpoint micro(duty) on a gun like this.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:28:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#1]
$120 holosun would do the job just fine for a knock-around gun.
That's what I've got on my little folding AR22

Enclosed dot of some type for sure if it might be used when wet.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with an enclosed emitter on a primary that might often be exposed to the elements.  Sig Romeo or MSR, if on a beer budget.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:40:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: John-in-austin] [#3]
I put a Burris Fastfire on my Charger.  I'm happy with it.  The issue I found is way too many of the common offerings are just too damn big or heavy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I use for removing squirrels from oak trees on my property, so I needed a little magnification.

LEUPOLD VX-FREEDOM 1.5-4 x 20

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:49:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coopsdaddy] [#5]
Awesome setup!
I don’t mind buying the better quality optics because It can always be a spare for a Glock or ar.
I have a type 1 rmr on my mark 4.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 2-10 on a 10” sbr and it’s perfect but have another very similar setup as what you’re describing with a 6” and I really like my vortex red dot. I feel like the dot is great on a 6” but the 10” is nice with some magnification

I don’t think you’ll go wrong with a dot
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:53:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coopsdaddy] [#7]
How do like the sixer barrel?
I have been debating on a 6 inch enoch(tacsol)summit precision carbon or a Kidd.
The kid seems to get overwhelming great reviews but I was concerned about weight and balance after hanging an extra 8-10 oz but maybe that’s a benefit.
I think there 16 oz were the summit is 8 and the Enoch is 6.
Appreciate the feedback.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I originally had a tac sol 9” barrel on this one, but decided I wanted the overall package to be a bit shorter so got one of their 6” barrels.

I’m really happy with how I have this one now and this past Christmas my buddy gave me a Franklin binary trigger for it. Holy shit that’s way too much fun. Now if someone would make a reliable high cap mag for it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I use a Leupold Deltapoint Pro on my 22. The emitter is sealed behind a tiny window. It is fully submersible/waterproof. Sure you can get water drips on it. Just one twitch/shake and it's clear to shoot. No issue with water or rain. Much larger window and WAY better optical quality than a Romeo/Holosun T1 clone. Only issue is durability if dropped... but this is a 22 not an AR15 for SHTF. If your eyes are good enough and gun accurate enough it is capable of amazing accuracy. From the bench with 1x magnification, my buddy put 4 out of 5 shots in the same oval hole inside a 1" target at 50 yards. The 5th opened the group up to an inch in size overall. More commonly, I can only shoot about 2-2.5" groups due to lack of magnification at 50 yards and my old eyes. I usually can put 4/5 inside a 2" target at 50 yds with CCI Standard.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a rmr type one on a mark 4 and a aimpoint duty on my colt 6920.
I think I’ll pull both and just try out the difference.
Also ordered a 6 inch summit precision ss/carbon barrel.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I say closed emitter.
Aimpoint duty rds, acro p2, or sig Romeo4.
If using it for long range critter shooting the Romeo4 pro has drops like an eotech 3-4.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Just bought a used h2 that I’ll put on my ar and use the aimpoint duty that’s currently on it for this rig.
A few hundred more than I wanted to spend but shouldn’t have to worry about them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I currently has a Sig Romeo 5 XDR (2MOA/65MOA) coupled with a Sig Juliet 3x fts magnifier.   It works fine.  I do at times use the bottom of the 65MOA circle to do some Kentucky windage.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top