Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Fake.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#2]
How can you tell?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The end cap should have the SB logo on it, but it appears that you have no end cap.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ar15-joe:
The end cap should have the SB logo on it, but it appears that you have no end cap.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Just because it doesn't have the end cap doesn't mean it isn't an SBA3.  They make them for other vendors such as PSA.

If it works, run it.  Who TF cares.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:10:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:...If it works, run it.  Who TF cares.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Also, is the velcro really thin and cheap?
That's typically a noticeable difference.

When I had braces in Minecraft I had SB, PSA and an obvious fake, and they all worked the same.

Unfortunately, I had to get rid of them all, thanks to the ATF
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:06:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy] [#9]
Originally Posted By ar15-joe:
View Quote

That is NOT how to find a fake. I have 2 SBA3 knockoffs (They work great FYI) and they DO have the SB logo on them...

One way that I have found is the top loop on the fakes have less real estate for the strap. How'd I find that out? Switching to the split fix straps.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:09:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#10]
Hard to tell.It has the 4 dimples on the back of the brace on the rubber/arm insert area and has the shiny roll pins but some of the extra flashing on the rubber makes me question it. With that said, the fakes that are out there are quite good and the fakes have less rattle on the tube.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top