Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2024 12:42:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: QtrHorse]
I currently have a somewhat heavy duty aluminum tripod that I use for shooting.  I want to get a carbon fiber version.  I also need 1-2 more saddles.

What are some good but not crazy expensive shooting tripods and saddles?  I’m currently looking at some of the BOG offerings.  I was also looking at their Deathgrip ultra lite saddle but it dose not seem to get good reviews for Arca compatibility.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 6:04:25 AM EDT
[#1]
https://stores.hogsaddle.com

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Well done saddle for the money:
SUNWAYFOTO SM-76 Saddle Mount Rifle Gun Adapter for Tripod Arca Swiss QR Plate https://a.co/d/1lvmlJv

Add a decent ball head and your existing tripod or a CF tripod of your choice.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#3]
get this

and put any top on it you want
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
Well done saddle for the money:
SUNWAYFOTO SM-76 Saddle Mount Rifle Gun Adapter for Tripod Arca Swiss QR Plate https://a.co/d/1lvmlJv

Add a decent ball head and your existing tripod or a CF tripod of your choice.
View Quote

I was looking at that saddle last night and the opening width works for me.  Do you have any experience with this saddle?
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By reelserious:
get this

and put any top on it you want
View Quote

On paper, that looks like a good carbon fiber tripod.  I see there are multiple sellers selling what looks like the exact same tripod under different names varying in price from $159-$325.

Do you have experience with this tripod?  I want something that I don’t have to worry about falling because of a malfunction and ruining an optic.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Innorel, sunwayfoto ball head and leofoto clamp saddle. For all I have in it, I could have only got a tripod from RRS. It is all well made and does what I need.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:

I was looking at that saddle last night and the opening width works for me.  Do you have any experience with this saddle?
View Quote

I've got over 1000 rounds off of one using a bolt gun now. Couple of buddies are in the 250-500 range now. We are all happy with it. One of them even survived being the first point of impact onto concrete during an accidental 2 story drop...while mounted to a slik tripod and a ball head. Pretty impressive, especially for the money.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top