Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2024 2:42:08 PM EDT
My thanks in advance for any help here;

I recently got a Daniel Defense rifle in trade that has the LAW folder. I switched out the plain tube (brace tube?) it came with for a standard DD Commercial Buffer tube... but my question is, I want to use the MAGPUL SL-M stock with this unit. When fully retracted, this stock leaves about 3.5" of the buffer tube open between itself and the rear of the LAW folder. Any regular-sized stock can slide nearly all the way forward in the buffer tube.

So my question is this; is there such a thing as a slightly shorter than standard-length buffer tube?

I know LMT has a complete "PDW" stock setup, but the only thing I would need would be the buffer tube as I have all kinds of different buffers and spring weights in the old parts bin.... and near six hundred bucks makes this obviously not a worthwhile venture....

Are there any just slightly shorter buffer tubes out there?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:59:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARgonot] [#1]
I may have found exactly what you're looking for. KAK Industries AR15 Mini Milspec Buffer Tube Kit- Carbine

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I just realized you asked for a "commercial" buffer tube. The tube I linked above is "mil spec", not commercial. Here's a link to KAK's buffer tube options and I don't see one for commercial.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 6:36:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stowe] [#3]
Does DD make a "commercial" tube? I've never looked, but it seems unlikely

Edit: If you go to some sort of funky, short tube, your current stash of buffers probably won't work. You'll likely need their proprietary, shortened buffer.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:13:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DWPW] [#4]
@argotnot - yeah I realize I'd mixed up MILSPEC and CIVVIE... I'm just a moron. This KAK looks PERFECT THANK YOU!!

@stowe - I have just about every kind of buffer and spring you can think of. I'm compulsive about amassing spare parts. It may take some back and forth trying different things. Running suppressed 90% of the time wont hurt anything in this regard either...

Looks like the KAK unit includes everything.

Do you live in STOWE, VT?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#5]
No. It's my last name. 8 years in the Army and 12 years working for the state prison, I'm just used to being called it. I have a ton of buffers and springs too. My point was just that they're not going to work with the short tube
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 1:07:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DWPW:
@argotnot - yeah I realize I'd mixed up MILSPEC and CIVVIE... I'm just a moron. This KAK looks PERFECT THANK YOU!!
View Quote

No sweat. I'm glad if it helped. Feel free to search around and find a better price from another company. In my searches I did find other kits, but KAK is a good company so I don't think you could go wrong.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#7]
@argonot - no this is perfect ordered one this morning!

@Stowe - ahh ok gotcha. I had the luck to spend four years living in Stowe, VT and they were the happiest years of my life. And yes, you're probably right about nothing I have working properly with a shortened buffer tube... but the KAK unit includes everything included a buffer and spring.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top