Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2023 1:02:47 AM EDT
Im looking for a 516 operating rod. I've searched all over but can't find one. Hopefully someone can point me in the direction of one
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 1:23:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe someone has one I could buy from them.
Thanks all
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 7:38:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Try contacting Sig directly.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:25:12 AM EDT
[#3]
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/sig-sauer/rifles-sig/516-sig
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:33:57 AM EDT
[#4]
This is the kind of potential issue that pushed me to sell my 516 (and soon my scar 16) and move back to standard ARs. Proprietary designs are great until you need proprietary parts.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
This is the kind of potential issue that pushed me to sell my 516 (and soon my scar 16) and move back to standard ARs. Proprietary designs are great until you need proprietary parts.
View Quote

Eh, its not a wear part.  I assume OP majorly F'd up and somehow lost his?  You could get another one run off at a machinist or just convert the rifle to DI pretty easily.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]
My buddies company could probably spin one up, I'll give him a call.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

This is the kind of potential issue that pushed me to buy two spare op rods that are still NIB.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I merely bought two spare 516 uppers, unrelated to any potential 'issues' tho.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:09:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sunnybean:

This is the kind of potential issue that pushed me to buy two spare op rods that are still NIB.
View Quote
Good for you.

Maybe next time it won't be the op rod.

You know my point. You can buy a replacement ar15 gas tube, gas block, handguard, barrel, bcg, etc literally anywhere that sells gun parts.

Good luck finding any of those for a 516 at the same places.

It's the same for the sig 556 and a bunch of other specialty designs. You're at the mercy of the oem company or a machine shop for parts.

That's not a deal killer for any of you obviously because you like the 516 so much you just buy 5x every part. But it was for me because that seems ridiculous to me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:18:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Is the Carcal 816 parts interchangeable with the Sig 516.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Good for you.

Maybe next time it won't be the op rod.

You know my point. You can buy a replacement ar15 gas tube, gas block, handguard, barrel, bcg, etc literally anywhere that sells gun parts.

Good luck finding any of those for a 516 at the same places.

It's the same for the sig 556 and a bunch of other specialty designs. You're at the mercy of the oem company or a machine shop for parts.

That's not a deal killer for any of you obviously because you like the 516 so much you just buy 5x every part. But it was for me because that seems ridiculous to me.
View Quote

I guess that’s a risk I’m willing to take for owning more than Glocks, 1911’s and DI ARs. Come to think of it, I have lots of spare parts for those as well. YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Call or email Sig, they still make the 516 and parts but they just don’t offer them for civilian sales.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top