Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2024 12:21:40 AM EDT
Anyone seen these? Made with GI parts and new "weathered" Unbranded AR-15 lower and Green Mountain CL 1/9 bbls. Right around $1300.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/m16a1-retro-rifle
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:14:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Retro rifle, modern price.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:44:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I had two of those Unbranded AR Retro lowers and they were out of spec. The safety decent hole was off and the fcg pocket was not centered. Three ish years ago, though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Those lowers aren't anywhere near retro.  they're the most "modern" forging Cerro puts out.  A similar, but not exact version was used on the later M16A4 and M4A1 made by FN.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a lot of the lower parts are modern, they just scuffed up the finish.

I recognize the safety as one that comes in a very cheap LPK.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nehi:
Looks like a lot of the lower parts are modern, they just scuffed up the finish.

I recognize the safety as one that comes in a very cheap LPK.
View Quote

They could of at least ground the tick down on the anderson safety like all the no tick ones on the market, which are wrong regardless.  Which someone would make the correct one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
1:9 barrel, incorrect ugly lower, beat to hell parts kit

At least they were nice enough to throw the lower down the driveway to match the rest of the parts
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:45:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: twistedcomrade] [#7]
Absolute hard pass. On its best day those rifles are maybe $599.

Edit, I went and looked at the ad again and my $599 figure was generous, and I order a bunch of stuff from Atlantic but these rifles are shit IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
Absolute hard pass. On its best day those rifles are maybe $599.

Edit, I went and looked at the ad again and my $599 figure was generous, and I order a bunch of stuff from Atlantic but these rifles are shit IMHO.
View Quote

Have you seen what parts kits are going for?  They are scrapping the bottom of the barrel but they must still be selling at 1-12 hundred a pop.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top