Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2024 2:48:11 PM EDT
My local gun shop has an MR556A1 with 15” mlok handguard, the softcase, 5 pmags (no steel hi mag unfortunately) and a vortex razor gen III razor 1-10. I am fairly certain it’s gen iii anyways, I don’t remember seeing 1-10 in older versions. From some basic research, it seems like a $2k scope even used. Is this a decent deal on a used mr556 in today’s market? I had one like 3 years ago and had to let it go for other things.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:18:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#1]
Doesn’t seem like a very good deal.  I’m seeing new MR556A1s from numerous places between $2750-$3100.  I’ve also seen numerous 1-10x Razors sell in the $1500-$1750 price range (there’s a few in the EE right now).
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 4:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InfamousAK] [#2]
Originally Posted By 70_TRACKPACK_RT:
My local gun shop has an MR556A1 with 15” mlok handguard, the softcase, 5 pmags (no steel hi mag unfortunately) and a vortex razor gen III razor 1-10. I am fairly certain it’s gen iii anyways, I don’t remember seeing 1-10 in older versions. From some basic research, it seems like a $2k scope even used. Is this a decent deal on a used mr556 in today’s market? I had one like 3 years ago and had to let it go for other things.
View Quote

I mean MR556's are at least $3200 new if not more, and those scopes are easily acquired on the EE for under $2000. It's not a bad deal if this combo is straight out the box for both the rifle, and scope with the mount. If its used, I would talk em down a little bit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 6:01:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By InfamousAK:

I mean MR556's are at least $3200 new if not more, and those scopes are easily acquired on the EE for under $2000. It's not a bad deal if this combo is straight out the box for both the rifle, and scope with the mount. If its used, I would talk em down a little bit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By InfamousAK:

Go look at gun.deals, there’s a number of retailers with MR556s with the long MLOK handguard for sub $3k.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a couple of MR556's.  I bought the last one a month or so ago on GunBroker for $2275 from a well established gun store with thousands of sales.  It had no reserve price set for it and I bid and won at $2275.  Prices have gotten a bit soft lately for the MR556, as I think some folks believe an update is coming sometime this year (I have no info re this).  I will say the MR556 is a tremendous AR rifle, built like a tank and the quality is readily apparent.  If you shop carefully you can probably buy new for the same or lower price.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By kyjd75:
I have a couple of MR556's.  I bought the last one a month or so ago on GunBroker for $2275 from a well established gun store with thousands of sales.  It had no reserve price set for it and I bid and won at $2275.  Prices have gotten a bit soft lately for the MR556, as I think some folks believe an update is coming sometime this year (I have no info re this).  I will say the MR556 is a tremendous AR rifle, built like a tank and the quality is readily apparent.  If you shop carefully you can probably buy new for the same or lower price.
View Quote

The (likely completely spurious) rumor I've heard from a number of sources is that HK plans to release a chrome-lined version that is closer to a real 416 or MR223. This along with the general down trend in gun sales / prices has resulted in a SIGNIFICANTLY lower price point for the HK firearms and the MR556 in particular.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#6]
The Caracal CAR816A2 doesn't have the panache of a HK marked 416ish carbine but it is a product improved in a number of tangible ways.  I'd look at the 816 before spending $2,500-3,000 for a bare-tapered-bore HK.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I just bought a new MR556A1 online for under $2800 shipped which was the best price I found (at G4G).  I would try to talk them down some.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top