Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2024 9:50:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: casktcrw]
Had weird malf. All good parts. Aero upper lower lpk by schmid gun cycled fine but trigger wouldnt release. So i opened gun, dropped hammer cocked it closed gun ran fine. Very off. Has muzzle brake, middy dd with fa bcg and h buffer.

Also

Feels like the 16 dd with brake has me eating more gas than 11.5 dd w fh
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Check for a loose primer down there
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:
View Quote

Nothing in there
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I would stone the disconnector hook and lube it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:15:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: casktcrw] [#4]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
I would stone the disconnector hook and lube it.
View Quote

The trigger was already reset

This WAS the first firing of this lower
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#5]
So you couldn't pull the trigger even though the safety was off?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#6]
So you couldn't pull the trigger even though the safety was off?
View Quote

Yes. Felt like safety was on and it's possible like inadvertently engage the safety and I mean it's completely fucking unlikely, but I did not touch it to get it back into firing.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#7]
It's possible the trigger was impacting the safety even though it was off. The channel on the safety may not be quite wide enough, the trigger could be wider than normal or the detent pin could be holding the safety slightly offset from normal.

I would examine it closely for interference and attempt to shift the safety side to side and see if it ever interferes with the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:33:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jaqufrost] [#8]
Dbl post.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#9]
It's possible the trigger was impacting the safety even though it was off. The channel on the safety may not be quite wide enough, the trigger could be wider than normal or the detent pin could be holding the safety slightly offset from normal.

I would examine it closely for interference and attempt to shift the safety side to side and see if it ever interferes with the trigger.
View Quote

That's a good call, but there's no interference
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:57:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dano523] [#10]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Dano523:
https://i.imgur.com/aMIboK7.jpg

The basics, including making sure that all the parts and pins are CLP installed before you install the parts, and Disco spring is installed large coil down into the trigger slot with a set of pliers to force it into place.

Also, Make sure that width on trigger channel width is not too wide for the receiver cavity width, and check the J spring in the hammer, to make sure the hammer center channel is peened correctly to retain it, with the J spring not falling out out the bottom of the hammer that case cause the trigger to be blocked back.

If trigger has set screws to adjust over travel and take up, make sure that over travel is adjusted with hammer unclocked, since can over tighten that one, to the point that the bottom of hammer lob will be blocked by front of trigger.  As for take up, selector on safe, and adjust to that.

As for blown spent primer hiding under FCG, hate to say it, but FCG has to be pulled to check for pieces of it.  
Plus, with FCG pulled again shortly after rebuild, can do a quick clean up of the  pin channels for the parkerizing that has worn off to clean that up, that will make the trigger more gritty feeling during the pull.
View Quote

Thanks ill remove and inspect and reply.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:15:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#12]
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:
View Quote

This... debris under the tail of the trigger.

I had this happen to an AR15 with a fun switch last time out at the range.  I didn't notice the problem initially because it was in F/A at the time and I'd just finished dumping the last half of a mag.  A few minutes later, I insert a new mag and as soon as I dropped the bolt release the gun dumped the whole new mag right into the berm and the ground (a few might've cleared the berm )... but luckily the gun was always pointed "downrange".

When I got it apart, there was a piece of debris that made it's way under the tail of the trigger and prevented it from coming forward.  In a semiauto this would have just made the gun inoperable.  In an automatic this problem makes the gun EXTRAoperable.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:02:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: casktcrw] [#13]
Just removed inspected and reinstalled everything looks good
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top