Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2023 8:19:44 PM EDT
What does everyone use for ultrasonic solution, is it worth buying specialized cleaners like the ones hornady sells?   I just bought a huge ultrasonic cleaner so I'll need a lot of solution which cannget expensive even when diluted
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Krud-Kutter very dilute with water.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it safe for aluminum
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
A lot of peeps use 50/50 purple power and water.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 1:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Slip 725 weapon cleaner. You can order the concentrate from them which saves a lot. Works great.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 10:26:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: awd_xtc] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By colt-fan:
Slip 725 weapon cleaner. You can order the concentrate from them which saves a lot. Works great.
View Quote

I see they have a formula specifically for ultrasonic cleaners and its a concentrate.   1 gallon makes 5 gallons of cleaner.  I went ahead and ordered 2 gallons.  I dont know why i didnt think of slip, ive used their stuff for a long time and have been happy with everything I've tried from them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:40:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: colt-fan] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:

I see they have a formula specifically for ultrasonic cleaners and its a concentrate.   1 gallon makes 5 gallons of cleaner.  I went ahead and ordered 2 gallons.  I dont know why i didnt think of slip, ive used their stuff for a long time and have been happy with everything I've tried from them.
View Quote

Glad it helped. It's my go to cleaner as well.  I believe it's all 725 just concentrate is a lot cheaper.  The concentrate has worked great for me and can mix up a spray bottle for spot cleaning
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 4:53:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I use slip 725 when I clean whole gun(s) or lots of parts. It can be saved and used again. Most just settles to the bottom.

If I'm cleaning a small batch of parts I'll fill the unit up with water and put the parts in a sealed container with cleaning solution.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 2:34:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I fill the tank with water, then put parts in baggies with hopps. it works great
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I've heard the Simple Green Aviation and their (purple) Pro HD work well. I've used the purple HD to clean with for several years now but only as a spray solution. Both are safe for aluminum as regular simple green is not.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I also fill my ultrasonic cleaner up with water.  Then I put my parts in old peanut butter jars with whatever solvent I think will work best for the application as I use it for carb cleaning, reloading and general mechanical work.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top