Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/16/2023 7:43:02 PM EDT
I have a few straight Magpul 20’s I’ve acquired over the years.  One was rescued from a restricted state and I removed the rivet, converting it back to it’s original capacity.  I used a ranger band to cover the hole.  Is there a more permanent fix or is this pretty much the best way to keep debris from entering the magazine?  It’s just a range mag, so not a big deal as is, just curious if there’s another option.

Link Posted: 12/16/2023 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Could do a dab of epoxy or silicone...
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Just hot-glue a raccoon tail to it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:08:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Deathbunny17] [#3]
take a top cover of same color and plastic melt it shut  file and  media blast for texture  
or mount a  green laser inside  zeroed at 50. with a pressure switch on the side which activates on inserting in magwell. mount battery below laser for easy  replacement.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  I took a closer look and the follower goes below the hole when loaded and the rear of the follower would drag on anything that protrudes into the mag body.  I think the ranger band will have to suffice.  Thanks again for the advice.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Devcon Plastic Steel Putty.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Or don’t worry about it.  I’ve seen many floor plates with drain holes in them.  On Lancer .308 mags there is actually a switch inside the mag, on the floor plate, that opens or blocks a drain hole.  Just consider this a drain hole.  You said it was a range mag anyway so why sweat it?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
Or don’t worry about it.  I’ve seen many floor plates with drain holes in them.  On Lancer .308 mags there is actually a switch inside the mag, on the floor plate, that opens or blocks a drain hole.  Just consider this a drain hole.  You said it was a range mag anyway so why sweat it?
View Quote

Yeah, I decided to just leave it as is.  I started looking at how close the follower rides in the channel and figure doing anything to try and fill the hole will probably interfere with the follower, so the ranger band will remain as the solution to keep debris out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 12:10:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NoveskeFan:
Thanks for the replies.  I took a closer look and the follower goes below the hole when loaded and the rear of the follower would drag on anything that protrudes into the mag body.  I think the ranger band will have to suffice.  Thanks again for the advice.
View Quote
If it bothers you, just put some tape on the inside and fill the hole with epoxy (JB Weld) & scrape it flush then let it dry and remove the tape. Otherwise as others have mentioned, it's not a huge deal.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top