Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2024 6:43:01 PM EDT
I swapped out the flat slip ring on my XM177E2 for a Delta ring. Almost perfect.

Except I forgot to switch ejection port doors for a small pad door when I had the barrel off! Ugh. Not sure I want to pull and replace the barrel yet again. I hate getting the barrel nut/gas tube lined up...

I'm the meantime...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Nicely done
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!

And FWIW, no need to remove the barrel to swap port doors. Just remove the C clip and pull the rod toward the rear. Can be a pain but saves from having to totally un-build your rifle.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MrM1A1:
Very nice!

And FWIW, no need to remove the barrel to swap port doors. Just remove the C clip and pull the rod toward the rear. Can be a pain but saves from having to totally un-build your rifle.
View Quote

The C clip is also my arch nemesis, lol. But that is worth trying. I kicked myself as soon as I had the gas tube re-pinned and I remembered I had the small port door!

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MrM1A1:
Very nice!

View Quote

Was also going to say this.

Done it a time or two
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:13:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice. Looks like my build.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:08:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tstetz] [#8]
Okay, took you guys' advice and pulled the C clip and removed the ejection port cover rod from the rear and swapped to the small pad door. Now I have 99% clone correct XM177E2.

Of course the -1% is the C clip that shot off into the stratosphere when I was trying to take it off...

Now I need to order some C clips, lol

(Edit, actually not 99% anyway, but close. I have a no tic selector I need to swap out too. I actually wasn't paying attention to that until I saw this pic!)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By tstetz:
Okay, took you guys' advice and pulled the C clip and removed the ejection port cover rod from the rear and swapped to the small pad door. Now I have 99% clone correct XM177E2.

Of course the -1% is the C clip that shot off into the stratosphere when I was trying to take it off...

Now I need to order some C clips, lol

(Edit, actually not 99% anyway, but close. I have a no tic selector I need to swap out too. I actually wasn't paying attention to that until I saw this pic!)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42803/20240421_160301_jpg-3194583.JPG
View Quote

Nice stick - lol I’m going from a delta to a slip on mine as it’s on a partial fence lower. As far a the clip, order them off Amazon, you get like 20 of the for $7?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh, cool. I actually have one other I need to replace on a rat rod build too and it's probably good to have spares.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Very nice, where did you get your A1 grip? That one looks like it fits nice.

Greg
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:09:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tstetz] [#12]
Originally Posted By GregP42:
Very nice, where did you get your A1 grip? That one looks like it fits nice.

Greg
View Quote

Thanks! I bought a bunch from Numrich until I got an H&R one for this build and a GM one for my Hydra-Matic build that's still in the works.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Okay, C clips ordered and safety swapped out for a no tic!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#14]
it just keeps getting cooler every time you post

is the lock ring for the buffer tube staked in place, and the stake mark painted over in black?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks! It has come along better than I expected.

Just got the C clips today to correct that no too.

It's actually not staked yet. I'm honestly kind of bad about staking stuff, and put it off until I'm sure I'm not going to mess with the configuration any more. I haven't had an issue so far, but I really do need to start doing it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#16]
A very classy rifle op.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top