User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to wear mechanix gloves, but someone on here posted a crazy outdoor research sale and I picked up a pair of suppressor leather gloves. I like them much better but wouldn’t pay anywhere near retail for them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Cascade-Dude:
I searched for this subject but didn't find anything. If this has been covered already and someone can point me to it, that would work fine. Thanks.

Do you wear gloves while shooting you ARs? If so, what kind of gloves do you wear and why, please? I've gained enough skill to fire a bit more rapidly and last week at the range, I felt some heat through the fore-end hand-guard. Not too much but enough to get me thinking about gloves.

Thanks!
View Quote

Yes I do.  I have multiple pairs of different weights.

The lightest are golf gloves.  Regular, rain and winter as they are all different weights/thickness. They give as good a feel as you’re going to get,  offer some protection from hot things and still retain grip when you sweat.  They are also made in a lot of sizes so you can find a very good fit usually.

I also have a Milwaukee glove and a Wells Lamont that are both heavier than the golf gloves and probably give you the best feel  to protection ratio, if that were a thing.

If I could only have one pair, the Wells is what I would chose and what I use the most. They offer good grip in heat and cold, thin enough I can still feel things.  A lot of gloves get slick when they get cold. They don’t.  I can touch my cans and tell they are still hot but not get burned.

I don’t care about the brand, it’s all about how they fit my hand and the feel.  I tried on a lot of different gloves, to find what I like and still do when I see a wall of gloves I always try on a bunch.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I wear gloves when it's -20C or below.    I can't understand why any man would wear them for shooting in good weather.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pureblood:
I wear gloves when it's -20C or below.    I can't understand why any man would wear them for shooting in good weather.
View Quote

do you use maple syrup as lube for your guns too??

really though, its good to use, from loading, touching ammo, mags, oils, maneuvering obstacles, there are more benefits outside of wearing gloves just for firearm use. its the surroundings your in. where you are. if you can wear gloves to train, you have protection on your hands from sharp metal objects, glass, debris, dirt, rocks, etc where your in. getting proficient wearing gloves while shooting helps and makes you more used to operating with gloves where you might need to wear them due to where you are.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Cascade-Dude:
I searched for this subject but didn't find anything. If this has been covered already and someone can point me to it, that would work fine. Thanks.

Do you wear gloves while shooting you ARs? If so, what kind of gloves do you wear and why, please? I've gained enough skill to fire a bit more rapidly and last week at the range, I felt some heat through the fore-end hand-guard. Not too much but enough to get me thinking about gloves.

Thanks!
View Quote

Hatch Kevlar anti cut search gloves are what I wear at work
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I am a big fan of PIG Delta gloves from SKD Tactical.

I wear a large normally, but order the Deltas in a medium, as I like them surgical glove tight.

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Nomex flight gloves for the last 40yrs.  Last week it was 120 in Baghdad and lots of rapid and full auto shooting.  My Mk 18 got very hot.

CD
View Quote

I agree sir Nomex flight gloves are one of my favorite shooting gloves.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#8]
So many good things for me to try. Thanks! I'm working my way through them.

Nomex flight gloves are next up. Heck, I wore the things at work for more than 20 years, so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with them. All I ever handled with them was an old Victory .38 Special, though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top