Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2024 2:37:29 PM EDT
I have a new build, A5 buffer tube/5.3oz A5 buffer/A5 spring, Faxon upper, lower, handguard and bolt, Ballistic Advantage 18” rifle length 223 Wylde chambered SPR barrel, Strike Industries AGB.

Will not cycle enough to extract spent round, nor chamber new round. I checked gas block alignment and it’s open fully. Cycles by hand easily and normally. I tried a Tubbs flatwire spring. No difference. Tubbs reduced power 300blk spring - will extract spent round w/ hot loads but not feed new round.

Swapped on a different upper w/ 20” BA barrel, Spikes BCG, Superlative AGB fully open. Same exact issue.

Will cycle fully and normally and lock back with a suppressor attached, although it seems it’s just flopping the brass out anemically.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Buffer is too heavy. Go with the lightest one on those long barrels.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered an A5H0 and A5H1, will report back. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:57:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkamek] [#4]
Nevermind saw you tried another upper as well.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top