Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2024 12:49:37 AM EDT
Is there any difference between a P&S Products Waffle M4 Stock, and a Colt one?

The search feature sucks, but I did find one old thread thread that said P&S made them for Colt.

I've been happy with my non Colt furniture till I bought a old LE6920. The stock, pistol grip, and handguards make my others...especially PSA feel like Tupperware.  

Found a site that has used Colt A2 grips...received 2 today, and they have both P&S for $30, and Colt stocks for $40. All their stuff is used. Was just wondering it there was any difference.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:14:22 AM EDT
[#1]
USGI contract furniture, it's apples and apples comparison.

Colt's has always subcontracted their furniture.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Concur, milspec is milspec as in all the same.  Personal preference for the Colt N1 stock over the waffle however.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:06:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I just look at the rear sling swivel. If it's inserted into a hole and not slid into a through-slot, I assume it's a legit M4 pattern and not a cheap knockoff.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:31:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Concur, milspec is milspec as in all the same.  Personal preference for the Colt N1 stock over the waffle however.

View Quote

I've got a love for the N1 stocks as well.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#5]
https://charliescustomclones.com/usgi-mil-spec-m4-waffle-stock-for-colt-contract/

Charlie’s gives a pretty good explanation on the P&S stocks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:38:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#6]
Moulding Solutions> P&S Products > Prudent American Technologies has been the historical change. Seems to be a transfer of ownership every few years.

Allied Materials was another subcontractor in the early to mid 2Ks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

View Quote

I have one I bought from M&A for a retro build.  Maybe that would be my best bet.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:33:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: funnelcake] [#8]
Faux M4 stocks are terrible IMO/IME.  At a glance the two areas that make it easy to tell are right in front of the lever & around the sling loop (as noted above).  Though some copies do enclose that area, I've never seen a knock-off that had the straight-profile in front of the lever.  I was recently surprised to find out many of the M4 stocks with a QD mount in that location (think Anderson is the biggest purveyor) are made by Prudent American: https://prudentamerican.com/firearm-parts/

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Given that the non-milspec stocks were never intended for actual combat use, has anyone done any destructive testing to see if they are truly fragile or if they are acceptable for most civilian applications?  I look at some of the aftermarket stocks and the plastic parts at least look very robust in many cases.  I have no way of knowing if the springs are inferior, but I don't see why one couldn't "get by" with an aftermarket stock.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By funnelcake:
Faux M4 stocks are terrible IMO/IME.  At a glance the two areas that make it easy to tell are right in front of the lever & around the sling loop (as noted above).  Though some copies do enclose that area, I've never seen a knock-off that had the straight-profile in front of the lever.  I was recently surprised to find out many of the M4 stocks with a QD mount in that location (think Anderson is the biggest purveyor) are made by Prudent American: https://prudentamerican.com/firearm-parts/

https://i.postimg.cc/fbmTkKf5/realvturdm4stock.png
View Quote

The one I have is Turd Not.

I bought a police trade in 11.5" upper to put on my LE6920 lower, Putting the 16" upper on a non Colt lower. That's what I wanted the stock for. I'm just gonna put a M&A stock on one of them and keep the non turd stock on the other.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#11]
How hard would it be to find a original Colt N1 stock, and what would a person expect to pay for one?

I'm guessing there is a noticeable difference between a Colt and the M&A, or B5?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I got a B5 feels like the CAR stock I had on my M4.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#13]
N1 on top. 2005ish waffle in the middle. Current waffle on the bottom(missing parts)

N1 markings

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top