Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2024 6:09:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: caduckgunner]
Anyone know a place that still has some spare parts since Franklin majorly shit the bed when they bought them? Why in the hell is their website still up after all these years?

https://ospreydefense.com/bushing/
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
without pics, hard to say.

if this is a bushing that goes in the gas tube hole on the inside front of the upper receiver, maybe the one from Adams Arms will fit.  Op Rod diameter going through the gas tube hole should be the same, limited by the size of the hole.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
Anyone know a place that still has some spare parts since Franklin majorly shit the bed when they bought them? Why in the hell is their website still up after all these years?

https://ospreydefense.com/bushing/
View Quote

Just checked my Osprey spare parts stash, looks like I have 6.

PM me a mailing address and I will give you one, your lucky night.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:55:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTDR] [#3]
At the bottom of the pic you will see a alloy tubing, thats my bushing install tool. I install the kit before the bushing, then slide the bushing over the OP rod and slide the tool over the op rod and then light tap in the bushing.

I have enough alloy tubing for 1 more install tool if you want it.

WARNING, if you haven't done this before the bushing does NOT GO IN FLUSH, if you over hammer it to hard you could crack your upper receiver, bushing should stick out of the hole into the upper a little.

I also modified some special punches years back when I installed a lot of these kits.

I have enough NEW parts to do 2 kits. NOT 4 Sale, but I will give away a bushing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome. PM sent. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Since we're talking pistons, anyone have a Daniel Defense Piston Omega rail?  
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:32:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
Awesome. PM sent. Thanks.
View Quote

Replied!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:32:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ahrion] [#7]
You can use the Adams Arms or Superlative Arms bushings. They all have the same size for the gas tube hole.

GunBroker prolly has some as well.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top