Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2024 5:17:04 PM EDT
I can’t find these anywhere, and I cannot get a straight answer from Magpul
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:30:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gotterdammerung] [#1]
They stopped making braces when the FATF said they were going to be illegal.

PSA still has some but doesn't sell them separately. You have to buy a whole gun, a complete lower, or a lower parts kit. Type BTR in the search box on their website to see the options.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Magpul has .gov contracts, they’re not going to rock the boat. They were way late to the pistol brace game anyway.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:22:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#3]
If you go back they were pretty vocal about not making them because they thought they were NFA violations. Then finally they did make them, though with sling sockets, super thin blades, and nubs in effort to stop gun owners from shouldering them despite ATF okay at that time. Shortly after that the brace ban drama started.

I doubt they’ll ever make them again. There are better options from companies that actually care about us lowly peasants.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:07:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
If you go back they were pretty vocal about not making them because they thought they were NFA violations. Then finally they did make them, though with sling sockets, super thin blades, and nubs in effort to stop gun owners from shouldering them despite ATF okay at that time. Shortly after that the brace ban drama started.

I doubt they’ll ever make them again. There are better options from companies that actually care about us lowly peasants.
View Quote

I really like the btr tho. They SAY they didnt discontinue but how hard is it to just mold some!
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:16:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By casktcrw:

I really like the btr tho. They SAY they didnt discontinue but how hard is it to just mold some!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, you’ve been lied to.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:24:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: casktcrw] [#6]
Originally Posted By SirSqueeboo:

View All Quotes

Then why are they still selling the BSL?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

I mean in regards for it being hard to mold as their explanation.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
I assume it wasn't nearly as popular as the BTR (doesn't look as good) and they still have some to sell.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:26:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: casktcrw] [#9]

I mean in regards for it being hard to mold as their explanation.
View Quote

They didn’t say anything about molding. It sounded like they stopped, which makes sense, and then they gotta figure out how to start back up my words not theirs, but that’s how i read it. Like it was a production scheduling thing. But you could dust off the mold and have parts shipping same day, so…
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
I assume it wasn't nearly as popular as the BTR (doesn't look as good) and they still have some to sell.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:

Touché. Thanks for relieving me of my sense of relief. Going to be buying one on gunbroker for $300. LMFAO.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:52:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot] [#11]
Deleted by moderator. No selling or trading in the tech forums.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#12]
My ex-girlfriend has one i bought. $225, but you've gotta go pick it up yourself. Its really a pretty cool brace for an AR. I dont know I'd want to use it on much of anything else (it's THIN). Worked well for me before I went SBR.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a couple and looking at the dates on the mold with the little dial and arrow thing they were all made March of 2022.
I have 2 BTRs and 1 BSL and they all have the same date.
I bought all these from Palmetto in the past few months so someone has been sitting on these for a while during the brace fiasco.

I could totally believe Magpul isn't gonna make anymore of these until there is more legal clarity.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:35:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot] [#14]
View Quote
Deleted by moderator. No selling or trading in the tech forums.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Cope.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#16]

SBA4 brace is similar
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Actually, no it isn't
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

Actually, no it isn't
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

Actually, no it isn't

Less karate chop feel

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Seriously just buy the lower parts kit at Palmetto with the BTR included.

Always good to have spares and you get the nice EPT trigger to boot all for $120.

Palmetto Lower Parts Kit with BTR
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By gogetumnow:

Always good to have spares and you get the nice EPT trigger to boot all for $120.

View Quote

Great suggestion
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:26:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: casktcrw] [#22]
Originally Posted By gogetumnow:

View Quote

Yeah im mulling it over. I like nice parts so all of that extra shit would go in trash. 130 for me w tax. Is fcg schmid and is it really nicer than phosphate?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Yeah im mulling it over. I like nice parts so all of that extra shit would go in trash
View Quote

Or you could spare the 6 square inches of space and keep it.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Jnat:

Or you could spare the 6 square inches of space and keep it.

View Quote

I really would not be caught dead with that shit on my gun tho. I’d probably try to sell
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:29:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: casktcrw] [#25]
Got the kit search yt psa btr build kit if u wanna see the junk parts. Only thing i’d use from here is castle nut disconnector and pistol grip.

Realized later brace had dings here and there. As tho edges were struck with a sharp metal edge.

Dateclock says january 2024
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 4:11:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Here's the vid:

Watch the vid and judge for yourself.
I'd probably use 'em.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:12:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: casktcrw] [#27]
Originally Posted By DumpTruck33:
Here's the vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VjZ8im2IWo

Watch the vid and judge for yourself.
I'd probably use 'em.
View Quote

On second examination, the buffer tube turned out to be quite fubar but they replaced with a usable one. They sent me another brace because the first one had a bunch of small dents on it like from a blade. That's pretty good for a vendor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top