Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2024 11:11:57 PM EDT
So I'm working on a rather interesting project.  I love the 6.5 rounds (Creedmoor and Grendel).  I don't like having more than a couple guns in the same caliber as I just like variation.  I have 5.56 covered with another AR and a CZ Bren 2.  One of my favorite rifles I shot a while ago was an M16A4 (clone).  The whole thing just shot smooth and felt really good.

I decided I want to build an M16A4-ish clone but in 6.5 Grendel.  I got a 20" Doublestar chrome lined 6.5 HBAR since this gun will be more of a bullet hose than a precision rig.  I now need to get a FSB preferably with the sight post already installed, and I need to have it pinned to the barrel.  Where can I get a good quality FSB and who do you recommend to send it to to have it pinned to the barrel?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Spot on.

ETA: Just an FYI, the linked FSB does not include the small parts OP.

"This includes front sight base only. (Not included are front sight post assembly, sling swivel assembly, and taper pins.)"
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:25:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Hard to beat John Thomas at Retro Arms Works. He has one day turn around. As soon as you get tracking that it was delivered, he has an email notifying you it is already on its way back to you same day. Never a canted front sight.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 for sending it to John Thomas. There's no one better in the industry.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the option I went with as I had barrels that didn't have the pin holes drilled, they've been solid so far.
DEZ Tactical Arms A2 Fixed Front Sight Clamp-on
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:06:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By amprecon:
This is the option I went with as I had barrels that didn't have the pin holes drilled, they've been solid so far.
DEZ Tactical Arms A2 Fixed Front Sight Clamp-on
View Quote

Super easy to DIY too.  Just ream and tap a take-off FSB for 8-32 set screws.  JSE has virgin FSB's for about $25, but a take-off is easier to deal with as the holes are straight and true, just run a bit through them to even the holes up as one side will be slightly smaller due to the taper pins.  No worries about canted FSB either as you now have a windage adjustable FSB
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.  I'll probably buy the BCM FSB and have it sent to Retro.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
ADCO did mine, windage was perfect. IDK, if they still provide this service.
Top Top