Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2024 8:36:55 PM EDT
Looking at some Armalite A style lowers that don't cost an arm and a leg. Diamondback's DB10 (the older style one) looks really nice but I'm unclear if it is indeed Armalite A compatible? Will their lower fit other uppers, other uppers fit their lower, or is the DB10 it's own proprietary thing in the large frame AR world?

Who else sells Armalite style lowers and uppers that don't cost a fortune? Seems most everything is very expensive, or DPMS style.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:54:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chipdog4] [#1]
Every guy part.com is where Armalite parts are being sold from now.
https://everygunpart.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?product_list_order=price&q=Armalite&p=3

Uppers
New for $320
Used from $160
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:25:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jos51700] [#2]
I have both Armalite A lowers and DB10 lowers. I'm a little confused on the nature of the question, but I'll check what I can to help you.

Are you worried about magazine fitment between the two, or upper compatibility? I just finished a build using an A lower with a B upper, and I had to machine out the mag stops in the upper and also machine a pocket for the bolt catch paddle in the upper, but the upper fits both lowers fairly well.

Are you wanting pics of DB uppers in Armalite lowers and vice versa, or something else?

I will say that magazines are bitch either way. Some fit, some don't. Take your lower with you to the gun show lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a stripped receiver from euro optic, they seem out of stock now but still have some oddball parts on clearance.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jos51700:
I have both Armalite A lowers and DB10 lowers. I'm a little confused on the nature of the question, but I'll check what I can to help you.

Are you worried about magazine fitment between the two, or upper compatibility? I just finished a build using an A lower with a B upper, and I had to machine out the mag stops in the upper and also machine a pocket for the bolt catch paddle in the upper, but the upper fits both lowers fairly well.

Are you wanting pics of DB uppers in Armalite lowers and vice versa, or something else?

I will say that magazines are bitch either way. Some fit, some don't. Take your lower with you to the gun show lol
View Quote

Thanks for the response. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to the large frame guns and the complications that can come with them.

I am worried about upper compatibility. So yes, things like DB uppers in Armalite lowers and vice versa. Basically I want to know if DB follows the Armalite A pattern or if there are differences that make DB only work with DB. Relatively minor fitting and modifications aren't a problem.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ihv800:

Thanks for the response. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to the large frame guns and the complications that can come with them.

I am worried about upper compatibility. So yes, things like DB uppers in Armalite lowers and vice versa. Basically I want to know if DB follows the Armalite A pattern or if there are differences that make DB only work with DB. Relatively minor fitting and modifications aren't a problem.
View Quote

I'm traveling for work today and tomorrow. I'll get you pics this weekend. @ me so I don't forget!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jos51700:I'm traveling for work today and tomorrow. I'll get you pics this weekend. @ me so I don't forget!
View Quote

@jos51700

Would really appreciate some pictures if you can do them sometime this weekend. Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:59:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jos51700] [#7]
Originally Posted By :

@jos51700

Would really appreciate some pictures if you can do them sometime this weekend. Thanks!

View Quote

@ihv800

This a Diamondback lower, but I hadn't remembered that it was machined by Tactical Machining, so I don't know if it's identical to a DB 'factory' lower or if TMI was buying 80's and machining them. I can't remember where I got this one but I have a couple I can check if you need more info.

There's a small ridge on either side of the rear takedown lug just above the takedown pin hole, that keep the DB upper from sitting all the way down in the Armalite lower. 2 minutes with a file would remove this. There's a matching clearance machined in the DB lower so they fit together fine in that combo. The receiver pocket is the same width on both aside from this machined area, so the DB upper fits the Armalite lower easily.  (I didn't put a caliper to them, but the fit was VERY similar).

There's a slight mismatch in profile between upper and lower if you mix DB and Armalite, but looking at the gap between the two, I don't think you'd see anything beyond what's on most AR15's.

I hope that this helps. If you need more pics or details, let me know!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:00:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jos51700] [#8]
Attachment Attached File

This picture shows the profile mismatch I mentioned in the previous post. Not critical at all. Notice the fit between the receiver halves is pretty decent. I did position them by lining up the pin holes, not just slapping the two together.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jos51700:

@ihv800

This a Diamondback lower, but I hadn't remembered that it was machined by Tactical Machining, so I don't know if it's identical to a DB 'factory' lower or if TMI was buying 80's and machining them. I can't remember where I got this one but I have a couple I can check if you need more info.

There's a small ridge on either side of the rear takedown lug just above the takedown pin hole, that keep the DB upper from sitting all the way down in the Armalite lower. 2 minutes with a file would remove this. There's a matching clearance machined in the DB lower so they fit together fine in that combo. The receiver pocket is the same width on both aside from this machined area, so the DB upper fits the Armalite lower easily.  (I didn't put a caliper to them, but the fit was VERY similar).

There's a slight mismatch in profile between upper and lower if you mix DB and Armalite, but looking at the gap between the two, I don't think you'd see anything beyond what's on most AR15's.

I hope that this helps. If you need more pics or details, let me know!

View Quote

Thanks for the photos, that shows just what I was wondering about. Kind of odd the step in the rear of the DB. The only other question I'd have is if the takedown pins are the same? I assume they are.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ihv800:

Thanks for the photos, that shows just what I was wondering about. Kind of odd the step in the rear of the DB. The only other question I'd have is if the takedown pins are the same? I assume they are.
View Quote

They are. Standard AR-15 diameter but I used an Armalite lpk on this build and they were the right length. I see nothing that would make it any different in the DB stuff.

That little shelf is weird but it doesn't affect an Armalite upper on a DB lower, and BARELY affects the DB upper on the Armalite lower. It took me a minute to figure out the upper but when I saw that matching feature in the lower, it all came together
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you for the assistance. That really helps out!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top