Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2024 11:14:01 AM EDT
Any fav's?  PSA?  BKings' ?  Primarary Arms? Bravo? Del-ton?  

Blems?  Discontinued?  Coupon codes?

Gimme what you got
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got several(Aero, Gemtech, PSA. etc.) but the majority are Toolcraft(based on reputation and price lately). I've also never had a failure of any bcg. I have been to 2A in Boise and watched them bulk machine bcg's for a few companies that put them in their guns. Like many of the parts we use in our rifles they are machined by one and installed in many.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Lmt, enhanced or standard, after that it’s tool craft/solgw or bcm. Never broke any. Only issue I’ve ever seen with no name was function
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:07:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeadBreakfast] [#3]
For a basic BCG, Toolcraft and Microbest are the big names in the OEM world for a reason.

I'm not into the "enhanced" stuff so I'll refrain from commenting there.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:
For a basic BCG, Toolcraft and Microbest are the big names in the OEM world for a reason.

I'm not into the "enhanced" stuff so I'll refrain from commenting there.
View Quote

Yep both are my go to
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Toolcraft all the way.

I like the Nickle Boron but to each their own. It's probably just confirmation bias anyways
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Toolcraft
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Sionics NP3
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Colt
FN
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#9]
UAR

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Microsoft, phosphate'd or Chrome'd. My preference is phosphate.

They're cheap, durable and reliable. I'm pretty sure they supply BCM their BCG but that's never been confirmed.

If you want, you can spend a few dollars more($120) and get the ARFTAC premium Microbest BCG's that have the OCKS gas key screws and Sprinco springs. IMO and IME, stay away from fancy coated BCG'S, stick to phosphate or chrome.

https://arftac.com/microbest/

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Centurion Arms sandcutter
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Toolcraft, BKings, and RTB for basic budget.  Also like AO Precision and Microbest.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#13]
SOLGW, BCM, Sionics, Geissele
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#14]
BCM
Colt
I have a couple BCGs with Gemtech "suppressed" carriers (now out of production) that I use on uppers that I may want to run with or without a suppressor.  They're similar to the Bootleg but only have two settings, suppressed/unsuppressed.  These have BCM bolts, firing pins and cam pins in them, as the carriers did not come assembled as a BCG.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#15]
PSA Premium. Mine are NiB but the phosphate is all you really need.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By gtsteve03:
PSA Premium. Mine are NiB but the phosphate is all you really need.
View Quote

PSA owns Toolcraft...just sayin'...
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#17]
JP or Toolcraft, depending on application.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:43:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jhon] [#18]
I really dig the PSA Toolcraft nitride bolts. I bought a bunch of them when they sold them with 10 PMAGs for $120 shipped. They just work and if there's ever an issue you know PSA will take care of it.

One my of higher mileage BCG's is an Emtan when those were cheap. Should've bought 10 of them as it's been flawless. I can't explain why, but the rifle this one is in is easily the smoothest shooting rifle I own. Running the charging handle the carrier glides like it's on ball bearings. It could be the build (CMT receivers, BRT 13.9 CHF barrel, Aero Enhanced buffer tube, Colt H2 buffer, Colt action spring), but it still impresses me every time I take it out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll second, or by now, 10th Toolcraft ( PSA ) premium. Any of the major brands, Colt etc. None of the oddball coated ones. Just plain phosphated is all you need.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:

PSA owns Toolcraft...just sayin'...
View Quote

And Toolcraft makes most of them you can buy irrelevant of the name on the box or printed on the side.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:57:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SnprPSG1] [#21]
Are the NOVESKE Non_Logo Phosphated BCG's good?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#22]
PSA offers a fathers of freedom bcg made my microbest with spring co springs for $99 shipped.

I have been pleased with the ones I received.

Never had any problems with about 10 different tool craft bag
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Nobody's mentioned AO Precision yet, so I will. I too have never been disappointed with BCM, Microbest, Toolcraft, or Colt.  Truth is, the "how to build a good quality BCG" code has been thoroughly cracked for a long time. Be familiar with the specs that establish good quality and seek accordingly.  It's probably harder to find a bad one nowadays than a good one.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CatBacker:
Nobody's mentioned AO Precision yet, so I will. I too have never been disappointed with BCM, Microbest, Toolcraft, or Colt.  Truth is, the "how to build a good quality BCG" code has been thoroughly cracked for a long time. Be familiar with the specs that establish good quality and seek accordingly.  It's probably harder to find a bad one nowadays than a good one.
View Quote

Agree ^^^

I do have an AO carrier group in one gun and it has been flawless, just like all the others.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By jasonm4:
Microsoft, phosphate'd or Chrome'd.
View Quote
Yeah but you probably have to renew the license every year.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Tiribulus:
Yeah but you probably have to renew the license every year.
View Quote

And make sure it is the latest update.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Chrome vs NP3.  What is optimal?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Colt, Toolcraft, PSA Premium, Spike's and Rainier that I've picked up over the years.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Rubber City Armory nitride, for both large and small frame ARs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SnprPSG1:
Are the NOVESKE Nitrided BCG's good?
View Quote

Im fairly certain those are re labeled RCA bcg’s
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#31]
LMT E-BCG for applicable gats, and LMT full auto carriers with enhanced bolts for others.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Toolcraft via Spicetac, since Toolcraft doesn't sell directly to consumers.

Toolcraft is a huge OEM supplier. Many of the brands everyone is familiar with are just rebranded Toolcraft. And if you get the Toolcraft generic brand from Spicetac, they are usually priced better than anyone else.

But in all honesty, I have had one very minor issue with Toolcraft/Spicetac. I recently bought a nitride BCG for 6.5 Grendal/6mm ARC. The corners of the ejector claw were very pointed and sharp, and this caused the firearm to not eject spent brass at all. 2 minutes with a Dremmel and a cratex wheel fixed this problem. But this issue it really common with 6.5 Grendal/6mm ARC ejectors.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 2grimjim:
Toolcraft via Spicetac, since Toolcraft doesn't sell directly to consumers.

Toolcraft is a huge OEM supplier. Many of the brands everyone is familiar with are just rebranded Toolcraft. And if you get the Toolcraft generic brand from Spicetac, they are usually priced better than anyone else.

But in all honesty, I have had one very minor issue with Toolcraft/Spicetac. I recently bought a nitride BCG for 6.5 Grendal/6mm ARC. The corners of the ejector claw were very pointed and sharp, and this caused the firearm to not eject spent brass at all. 2 minutes with a Dremmel and a cratex wheel fixed this problem. But this issue it really common with 6.5 Grendal/6mm ARC ejectors.
View Quote

I would call that a pretty significant issue that was a minor effort to fix
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone have feedback on BRT chrome BCG’s?

I’ve been eying them for a while.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:53:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SnprPSG1] [#35]
Originally Posted By Jnat:

Im fairly certain those are re labeled RCA bcg’s
View Quote

Not the slick black color with the Noveske Logo on the carrier.

These have NO Noveske Logo on them, they are a plain phosphate in a grayish color.

Would this also be RCA?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#37]
BCM.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Toolcraft or Microbest.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Not sure if any certain brand is better anymore.

I use LMT stuff. Because I like them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Just avoid nitrided 9310 bolts at all costs.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:36:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Just avoid nitrided 9310 bolts at all costs.
View Quote

This might expose me as being more than just a little mentally challenged, but I am having an absurdly hard time finding c158 phosphate bolts (alone, without the carrier). I know it might be a bit nitpicky, but I am kinda surprised at how hard this has been for me. Feel free to inform me if I just have a learning disability though.

In the unlikely event that I break a bolt lug or even just a critical part of a bolt I'd like to be swapping in a bolt that's as similar to the one before it as possible, hence not just getting a chrome c158 bolt, which is for some reason easier to find!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:21:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By NewWind:

This might expose me as being more than just a little mentally challenged, but I am having an absurdly hard time finding c158 phosphate bolts (alone, without the carrier). I know it might be a bit nitpicky, but I am kinda surprised at how hard this has been for me. Feel free to inform me if I just have a learning disability though.

In the unlikely event that I break a bolt lug or even just a critical part of a bolt I'd like to be swapping in a bolt that's as similar to the one before it as possible, hence not just getting a chrome c158 bolt, which is for some reason easier to find!
View Quote

https://www.primaryarms.com/bravo-company-manufacturing-ar-15-bolt-assembly-5.56-nato

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003307232?pid=332088

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/bolt-assembly.html

https://coltparts.com/colt-m16-m4-ar15-bolt-assembly/

https://www.thoroughbredarmco.com/product/810/

https://geissele.com/mil-spec-m4-bolt-assembly-5-56mm.html
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:57:04 AM EDT
[#45]
I keep a couple Colt BCGs as spares. For fancy BCGs I like the Sionics NP3s.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#46]
BoltShot Peened; MPI
Bolt MaterialCarpenter 158 Steel
Bolt FinishManganese Phosphate | Chrome Lined
Caliber223 | 5.56 NATO | 300 Blackout
Extractor O-ringViton; Mil Spec
Carrier Material8620 Steel, Toolcraft Proprietary
Carrier FinishManganese Phosphate | Chrome Lined
Carrier DesignM16 Full Auto Style
Gas Key Material4130 Steel
Cam Pin Material4140 Steel
Cam Pin FinishManganese Phosphate | Chrome Lined
Firing Pin Material8740 Steel; Hard Chrome Plated
ManufacturerToolcraft

https://www.spicetac.com/toolcraft-phosphate-bcg-556/

NOW:
$139.99

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:
Toolcraft all the way.

I like the Nickle Boron but to each their own. It's probably just confirmation bias anyways
View Quote

My first ToolCraft was the NB and man, I'm impressed with it's smoothness. I'd like to find the black nickel? finish. That looks amazing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#48]

That reminds me, didn't AIM sell some surplus IMI bcg a while back? I bought a few of them, and they're boxed away somewhere...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top