Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2024 12:33:34 AM EDT
Windham Weaponry is back making ARs. If quality will be similar to the ones they were making recently, how do they compare to:

Spike's Tactical
Aero Precision
Smith & Wesson
Colt

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:51:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ar154all] [#1]
Originally Posted By peacematu:
Windham Weaponry is back making ARs. If quality will be similar to the ones they were making recently, how do they compare to:

Spike's Tactical better
Aero Precision better
Smith & Wesson better
Colt maybe slightly better.

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:10:25 AM EDT
[#2]
My list would be

Colt
WW
S&W
Aero
Spike
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:49:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I would say colt as a baseline and the other brands all offer similar quality products
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:02:09 AM EDT
[#4]
My WW A2 clone has been flawless and shoots better than my old eyes are capable of.

That said, I've never had an issue with Aero either. Never had a Colt that the government didn't own but none ever broke or failed.

Had a ST years ago that I could never get gassed right and will never own a S&W after tearing a brand new one apart and finding two gas tube roll pins installed (one from each side).
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:59:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: campower] [#5]
To hell they are now.

Maybe years ago, but the crap WW has been putting out thr past 5 years is all a day late and dollar short.

Slightly overpriced, and components don't seem any different/ better than a baseline PSA assembled by someone carefully.

As an Dealer just a couple hours north of Windham, I can assure you we have sent back a handful of rifles for silly issues.

One of there m4 clones with the shitty 1:9 twist wouldn't feed, even baffled there tech guy when it returned.

Thier CS is great, but they are slow receiving parts if they don't have them already.

Love WW, but you guys live in fantasy land if you still think they are "better" than Colt, Aero or even a Sabre PSA.

Never owned a Spikes, too tacky. Seems to require shitty sleeve tattoos for ownership. You know the really shiity ones thats didn't get thought out with chineese symbols, womans faces dragons and flowers with some shitty little slogan.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:58:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By campower:
To hell they are now.

Maybe years ago, but the crap WW has been putting out thr past 5 years is all a day late and dollar short.

Slightly overpriced, and components don't seem any different/ better than a baseline PSA assembled by someone carefully.

As an Dealer just a couple hours north of Windham, I can assure you we have sent back a handful of rifles for silly issues.

One of there m4 clones with the shitty 1:9 twist wouldn't feed, even baffled there tech guy when it returned.

Thier CS is great, but they are slow receiving parts if they don't have them already.

Love WW, but you guys live in fantasy land if you still think they are "better" than Colt, Aero or even a Sabre PSA.

Never owned a Spikes, too tacky. Seems to require shitty sleeve tattoos for ownership. You know the really shiity ones thats didn't get thought out with chineese symbols, womans faces dragons and flowers with some shitty little slogan.

View Quote

@campower

A baseline PSA has a good chance of not being assembled carefully.

What "silly" issues were they sent back for?

1:9 twist is better for 55gr pills. Also better for pills up to a certain weight.

The reviews of Windham's 20" on Buds point to an excellent rifle.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:48:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Unless they went back to chrome and dropped the cursive roll mark they’ll never be at the level they were 20yrs ago.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ar154all:
View Quote

Are you suggesting Wyndham is better than Colt?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

Are you suggesting Wyndham is better than Colt?
View Quote

At one time I would have said yes, but I have learned a few things in this thread....

It's a shame.  I'm selling off a bunch of my ARs right now, and my WW rifles, parts, and especially the chrome lined barrels have been spot on.

I'm saddened to hear what they have become.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top