User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/11/2024 4:23:27 PM EDT
Good afternoon all.

Just put together an absolute beast of an upper with a Daniel Defense S2W (Strength-to-Weight) heavy barrel.

Wondering what the hive thinks of running a "good" BCG such as a standard Palmetto State Armory phosphate when doing informal shooting,

And when doing more serious long range competition shooting switching to a Cryptic Coatings mystic black BCG?

The Cryptic BCG is an absolute work of art and (I know, I know completely silly vanity like chicks with their hand-bags) I like the vibes I get while shooting the bling BCG.

The DD barrel is a tank and it feels like working out with 15lb dumb-bells shooting off-hand but I'm thinkin nothing wrong with a little strength training while shooting.

I mention the DD barrel being a tank because I'm thinking the chrome-lining and sheer girth of the beast barrel whould handle switching BCGs without too much negative wear/tear on the lugs.

This barrel is awsomely accurate and having an absolute blast reloading for it because the more I develop loads for it the better it gets.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:27:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#1]
Carrier is null in this theology it's all about the bolt.  I wouldn't due to wear patterns on the lugs.  You pick your poison and run the fuck out of it and if/when your bolt breaks replace then so it can wear evenly to the chamber...........  But what do I know the sho'nuffs will be along shortly to guide us through this passage...

ETA:  In other words swap the carriers not the bolt if you want your work work bitch to share the same suite as your Queen............
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would you want to constantly change the BCG?  What is the goal?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EdgecrusherXES:
Why would you want to constantly change the BCG?  What is the goal?
View Quote

Reads as though he wants a Gucci Carrier and a work Carrier depending on who he's chooting with................
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:

Reads as though he wants a Gucci Carrier and a work Carrier depending on who he's chooting with................
View Quote

Not who I'm shooting with, don't care.

WHY I'm shooting.

Shooting 600 yards for points.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By paduce:

WHY I'm shooting.

View Quote
The fancy carrier won't change the practical accuracy of the rifle. At least not in any meaningful, repeatable way.

That S2W barrel is very accurate and very pleasant to shoot with rifle gas. I'd just pick the carrier you actually want to use and leave it in the upper. Ideally, bolts "pair" with barrels IE when you swap one you swap both. Doesn't always work out in the real world but if you can control it, do so.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#6]
You can swap bolt carriers all you want.  Don't swap the bolt.

Only bolt carriers I know of that are wear items are the super lightweight aluminum bolt carriers.  Otherwise, they generally only fail when shooting .300 Eldest Son in a 5.56 barrel.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#7]

WHY I'm shooting.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

WHY I'm shooting.

I wasn't knocking on ya I get it I had what I was gonna type in head then my damn phone rang and booommmm!!  Dumb founded!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#8]
No.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
No way.

I pick a reliable BCG that is also not "heavy" and leave it alone.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:10:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#10]
I’ve swapped bolts. I’ve put new bolts into used uppers. I’ve put used bolts in new uppers. I haven’t checked headspace which is on me and not a good idea.

That said, how much wear do we expect to happen on a bolt? The military swaps bolts out all the time without a barrel change. Countless people have bought used retro uppers with no bolt group. Countless people have bought used uppers with no bolt group. If you headspace it, I’m not sure what the risk is supposed to be.

I also don’t see any benefit to proactively doing it either. You won’t see any benefit.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:  I’ve swapped bolts. I’ve put new bolts into used uppers. I’ve put used bolts in new uppers. I haven’t checked headspace which is on me and not a good idea.

That said, how much wear do we expect to happen on a bolt? The military swaps bolts out all the time without a barrel change. Countless people have bought used retro uppers with no bolt group. Countless people have bought used uppers with no bolt group. If you headspace it, I’m not sure what the risk is supposed to be.
View Quote

We carry spare bolts in case the one in the gun sheds a lug.

On 7.62x39mm standard length receiver ARs, the bolt is a wear item and you expect to replace it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]
My precision 5.56 AR has a PSA BCG. .55" groups at 100m. The BCG makes almost no difference with regards to accuracy/precision. Pick something reliable, a good barrel, a good trigger, and a good optic.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#14]
If you want the cryptic, get it. Grab the psa as a back up. No reason to swap back and forth though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#16]
No paduce, there is no reason to switch back and forth in your scenario.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:21:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#17]

WHY I'm shooting.

View All Quotes

WHY I'm shooting.

I’d be shocked if you were able to detect a repeatable difference between them, especially one that was inherent to one model or the other.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:45:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#18]
I have a couple of Sionics NP3 BCGs in some of my rifles, the take-offs are spares now. I don't switch back and forth and don't see why you would.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#19]
If you are going to swap bolt carriers, I'd match a cam pin with each carrier and move the same bolt and firing pin between them. Keep what comes in contact with your ammo consistent.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:46:42 AM EDT
[#20]
No, you don't need to swap out BCG.

Where in Maine are you shooting 600 yard competitions?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:23:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Have a spare BCG, build another upper and then another lower to have two guns.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:05:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Have a spare BCG, build another upper and then another lower to have two guns.
View Quote

What's your opinion on swapping bolts in the same gun?

Some people here act like it's a big problem, but I guarantee every rifle that goes to the range at my old unit sees a different bolt every outing and they all work every time.

Now, I don't do this, and I think what OP is trying to do is odd, but is it as bad of an idea as others here are making it sound?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:16:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#23]
Originally Posted By CJ47:

Some people here act like it's a big problem, but I guarantee every rifle that goes to the range at my old unit sees a different bolt every outing and they all work every time.

Now, I don't do this, and I think what OP is trying to do is odd, but is it as bad of an idea as others here are making it sound?
View Quote

They all "work" every time?... as in producing match winning accuracy, identical POI, and consistent velocities every single time time with randomly swapped milspec bolts?

No, they don't.

Bolts wear. Bolts stretch, Firing pins have different protrusions. Bolts headspace differently. Bolt spring tensions vary. All this can add up to differences in velocity, POI, and precision.

A carrier with a standard cam pin slot has zero impact on accuracy or POI. Different weights and coatings don't have any impact, so no need to have different carriers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#24]
The DD barrel is a tank and it feels like working out with 15lb dumb-bells shooting off-hand but I'm thinkin nothing wrong with a little strength training while shooting.

I mention the DD barrel being a tank because I'm thinking the chrome-lining and sheer girth of the beast barrel whould handle switching BCGs without too much negative wear/tear on the lugs...
View Quote

A barrel being chrome lined or not and the profile of the barrel have zero impact on the bolt lugs wearing or the barrel extension wearing. It's like saying a tough built engine block will keep your valves and valve springs from wearing out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Only time to swap bolts is if the firsts fails.  Why is your unit swapping bolts?  Are they disassembling each rifle for cleaning, throw parts in a pile and then just grabbing parts to assemble?  Parts should wear in together.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:02:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#26]
Originally Posted By DevL:

They all "work" every time?... as in producing match winning accuracy, identical POI, and consistent velocities every single time time with randomly swapped milspec bolts?

No, they don't.

Bolts wear. Bolts stretch, Firing pins have different protrusions. Bolts headspace differently. Bolt spring tensions vary. All this can add up to differences in velocity, POI, and precision.

A carrier with a standard cam pin slot has zero impact on accuracy or POI. Different weights and coatings don't have any impact, so no need to have different carriers.
View Quote

Is there any evidence on something like firing pin protrusion causing inaccuracy? I could understand if we’re talking about out of spec parts, but most bolt groups remain in spec up until failure.

I’m not saying it’s never happened, but other than that recent batch of soft KAC bolts, I’ve never even heard of an AR going from in spec to bad headspace from wear.

I’ve also never seen POI shift or accuracy loss due to swapping bolts either. That is limited sample size though.

ETA: Definitely don’t want to come across as a proponent of it, but this fear people have that their rifle is going to become a grenade or start shooting minute of barn seems like a stretch. If everything is in spec, which it should be even with a medium amount of wear, I just don’t think it’s the AR15 Armageddon as has been preached over the years. How many tens of thousands of used A1 uppers minus BCG were sold over decades with no issues.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:47:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CJ47] [#27]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Only time to swap bolts is if the firsts fails.  Why is your unit swapping bolts?  Are they disassembling each rifle for cleaning, throw parts in a pile and then just grabbing parts to assemble?  Parts should wear in together.
View Quote

I was only part of the process one time, but yes. None of the bolts were marked, and they all got cleaned in bulk and put in a bin, walked down to our supply, and that was all I saw. I could be mistaken, and supply might have has some way of knowing, but if they did, it wasn't something I could see.

That was the old supply guy though - I'm unsure if that changed afterwards. I also got out, so I can't say for certain if it's still being done that way. But at the time, this is how it was done - unless I'm an absolute idiot, which could very well be the case.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

Is there any evidence on something like firing pin protrusion causing inaccuracy? I could understand if we're talking about out of spec parts, but most bolt groups remain in spec up until failure.
View Quote
Yes.
I'm not able to find/share source right now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:04:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#29]
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
Yes.
I'm not able to find/share source right now.
View Quote

Appreciate it if you get around to posting it. I found a lot of info about pinfall inconsistency causing shifts in the same rifle due to trigger group, but nothing about it being a problem if the pinfall stays consistent even if changed. In most of the info I found they were even calling out sporadic cratering being the cause for fliers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#30]

I was only part of the process one time, but yes. None of the bolts were marked, and they all got cleaned in bulk and put in a bin, walked down to our supply, and that was all I saw. I could be mistaken, and supply might have has some way of knowing, but if they did, it wasn't something I could see.

That was the old supply guy though - I'm unsure if that changed afterwards. I also got out, so I can't say for certain if it's still being done that way. But at the time, this is how it was done - unless I'm an absolute idiot, which could very well be the case.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:  Only time to swap bolts is if the firsts fails.  Why is your unit swapping bolts?  Are they disassembling each rifle for cleaning, throw parts in a pile and then just grabbing parts to assemble?  Parts should wear in together.

This sort of thing is what drives M1 Carbine collectors crazy.

@HenryKnoxFineBooks - that's how the Army did things in his day, when we all hated Communists instead of electing them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I can't seem to get it outta my head that once the bolt lugs and the barrel extension have worn in together to a certain level that there's no real reason to separate them unless a failure somewhere makes it necessary.

That's not the same as saying that something bad will happen if you change bolts in the same barrel, but if you don't have to... why?

Maybe I'm wrong, but all metal friction parts wear and if they've worn together over time, I'd just as soon leave them together given the choice.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:21:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#32]
Everyone has their superstitions. If you believe switching bcgs will make you a better 600 yards shooter, then I recommend doing it.

I never heard of a bcg causing someone to become more accurate out to 600 yards. I would say a good trigger and ammo would be the better thing to focus on.

I guess a better question is.... did you actually take it to a 600 yards range and attempted to shoot and found you were inaccurate with the one bcg but not the other?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Absolutely no merit to the idea. Dont overthink it OP. Choose a bolt group, shoot until things need replacement. Keep spares.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:12:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#34]

Is there any evidence on something like firing pin protrusion causing inaccuracy? I could understand if we’re talking about out of spec parts, but most bolt groups remain in spec up until failure.

I’m not saying it’s never happened, but other than that recent batch of soft KAC bolts, I’ve never even heard of an AR going from in spec to bad headspace from wear.

I’ve also never seen POI shift or accuracy loss due to swapping bolts either. That is limited sample size though.

ETA: Definitely don’t want to come across as a proponent of it, but this fear people have that their rifle is going to become a grenade or start shooting minute of barn seems like a stretch. If everything is in spec, which it should be even with a medium amount of wear, I just don’t think it’s the AR15 Armageddon as has been preached over the years. How many tens of thousands of used A1 uppers minus BCG were sold over decades with no issues.
View Quote

Yes, I have had short firing pin protrusion cause poor ignition of primers which resulted in odd anomalies in groups dispersion.

Yes, I have had a bolt with excessive headspace shoot worse than a bolt with minimum headspace. Different bolts have different headspaces. Measuring "In spec" but at max will not save you.

Yes, I have seen headspace change by over just a thousandth in worn firearms.

I'm not so concerned about bolts worn to the barrel extension, but a different bolt can cause your hyper accurate AR to lose its pristine accuracy if one is at minimum and the other at maximum but noth are "in spec" for headspace and firing pin protrusion, with headspace being FAR more important than firing pin protrusion.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Appreciate it if you get around to posting it. I found a lot of info about pinfall inconsistency causing shifts in the same rifle due to trigger group, but nothing about it being a problem if the pinfall stays consistent even if changed. In most of the info I found they were even calling out sporadic cratering being the cause for fliers.
View Quote
Long one from Mark Humphreville. Sorry I couldn't parse the protrusion-specific area.

IT DON'T GO BANG - FIRES, HANGFIRES, MISFIRES AND SHORT ORDER COOKS

Click To View Spoiler
There was another post on the National Match forum where someone thought they had a bad barrel, but replaced the hammer spring....... and maybe firing pin as regular maintenance, and it perked up. Now that I think about it, it might not have been solely protrusion that affected ignition consistency and vertical spread, but I'd rather be on the long end of spec.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Changing bolts could change head space which could affect Accuracy and safety. Personally,  I check head space for bolts just for peace of mind.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:03:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gunsandgear] [#37]
...I like the vibes I get while shooting the bling BCG.
View Quote

On god, changing BCG's based on the "vibes" you are getting from them = sus. No cap, if you want your rifle to be bussin, just get one good BCG (ideally with a properly headspaced bolt) and stick with it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:20:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HenryKnoxFineBooks] [#38]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

This sort of thing is what drives M1 Carbine collectors crazy.

@HenryKnoxFineBooks - that's how the Army did things in his day, when we all hated Communists instead of electing them.
View Quote

The M16s were a bit of an exception - we were taught to regard the bolts and barrels as a matched set created by wear pattern. In that case, the handguards came off, and the entire upper (including the BCG and CG) went into the solvent barrel. Then the upper was rag cleaned, taking the BCG down to authorizeded disassembly (meaning the extractor may or may not have been removed from the bolt), then lubricated and put back together. If the BCG was removed from the upper, it was tagged with the SN of the weapon it came from, so it could be returned to the correct weapon.

Having said that, a bolt could be replaced with a new bolt, but not a used one. IRL, I have put together ARs with used components and never had a problem, but I'm not doing mag dumps on auto either, so the bolts had barrels are gradually mating to each other. Again I only use Colt and FN mil components, which I think helps, and have never had a case of that combination (Colt bolt with Colt barrel or FN barrel and FN or FN contractor [Toolcraft] bolt) fail headspace. once I put a BCG into an upper, I keep the bolt with that upper because of habit, not that I can scientifically prove that switching bolts around is bad, but I also can't see switching as improving performance ... at best there would be no change.

And I have built more of these than I own ....Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By HenryKnoxFineBooks:

The M16s were a bit of an exception - we were taught to regard the bolts and barrels as a matched set created by wear pattern. In that case, the handguards came off, and the entire upper (including the BCG and CG) went into the solvent barrel. Then the upper was rag cleaned, taking the BCG down to authorizeded disassembly (meaning the extractor may or may not have been removed from the bolt), then lubricated and put back together. If the BCG was removed from the upper, it was tagged with the SN of the weapon it came from, so it could be returned to the correct weapon.

Having said that, a bolt could be replaced with a new bolt, but not a used one. IRL, I have put together ARs with used components and never had a problem, but I'm not doing mag dumps on auto either, so the bolts had barrels are gradually mating to each other. Again I only use Colt and FN mil components, which I think helps, and have never had a case of that combination (Colt bolt with Colt barrel or FN barrel and FN or FN contractor [Toolcraft] bolt) fail headspace. once I put a BCG into an upper, I keep the bolt with that upper because of habit, not that I can scientifically prove that switching bolts around is bad, but I also can't see switching as improving performance ... at best there would be no change.

And I have built more of these than I own ....https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/180398/Arsenal_JPG-3188584.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HenryKnoxFineBooks:
Originally Posted By backbencher:  This sort of thing is what drives M1 Carbine collectors crazy.

And I have built more of these than I own ....https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/180398/Arsenal_JPG-3188584.JPG

Wednesday sounding good, just have to confirm w/ my Sinister.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#40]
You wont outshoot the bolt. Buy the Gucci bolt and run the fuck out of it
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#41]
I do multiple ARs, set up for different purposes vs just swapping BCGs.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By paduce: I like the vibes I get while shooting the bling BCG.
View Quote

Is this tongue-in-cheek?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Good afternoon all.

Just put together an absolute beast of an upper with a Daniel Defense S2W (Strength-to-Weight) heavy barrel.

Wondering what the hive thinks of running a "good" BCG such as a standard Palmetto State Armory phosphate when doing informal shooting,

And when doing more serious long range competition shooting switching to a Cryptic Coatings mystic black BCG?

The Cryptic BCG is an absolute work of art and (I know, I know completely silly vanity like chicks with their hand-bags) I like the vibes I get while shooting the bling BCG.

I mention the DD barrel being a tank because I'm thinking the chrome-lining and sheer girth of the beast barrel whould handle switching BCGs without too much negative wear/tear on the lugs.

This barrel is awsomely accurate and having an absolute blast reloading for it because the more I develop loads for it the better it gets.

Thanks guys.
View Quote

I looked that barrel up to get at least a half clue before commenting here -

Yup. That thing looks to be a pretty nice barrel.

If it were a beater barrel I would say swap top your hearts content and don't stress about it but that barrel 'deserves' it own designated high quality BCG.

Looking forward to more reports on how it is shooting for you and what loads you are finding that it likes best.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#44]
No.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#45]
I never swapped bolts, but I did once had a bolt close on a no-go gauge even though prior it did not. Swapping to a new bolt, it would not close on a no-go and stayed that way until I sold it.

My thought is that what the OP is doing is potentially dangerous but very unlikely. It's still unclear if the OP ever actually shot 600 yards, as that is quite a crazy to have access to such a long range. The max I get here is 300 yards range, and I'm not sure where I could go for a 600 or even 1000 yards range. It would be crazy to think that one bcg would produce a totally different result at that range and I'm kind of doubting it other than perhaps the OP is more comfortable and ease of mind when he uses the updated BCG to make that shot.

If I was OP, I would simply keep the spare bcg and use the higher end one. The spare BCG is great to have but you do not need to wear it the same rate, if that makes any sense. It's always a good idea to have a field gauge handy and making sure it doesn't close on that when swapping the bolt out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By dalle0001:

It's still unclear if the OP ever actually shot 600 yards, as that is quite a crazy to have access to such a long range. The max I get here is 300 yards range, and I'm not sure where I could go for a 600 or even 1000 yards range.
View Quote

1100 yd range here within 35 minutes drive of me. Regular 600 yd steel shoot events.

I don't even try at those distances anymore.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:05:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiribulus] [#47]
Originally Posted By paduce: The Cryptic BCG is an absolute work of art and (I know, I know completely silly vanity like chicks with their hand-bags) I like the vibes I get while shooting the bling BCG.
View Quote

I'm going to offer a bit of defense to this fella.
I don't see why this is so wrong.
In fact, I'll go so far as to say that there's plenty of guys who do this exact thing without simply stating up front, like he did, that that's what they're doing.

There's nobody else around here who has some piece of kit that offers them no actual advantage, but they just like the coolness factor (vibe) that it brings them? I'm just gonna have to go out on a limb and suspect that there are.

As long as it's not unsafe or in some other tangible way detrimental, what's wrong with taking some admittedly and ultimately meaningless satisfaction in a "gucci" part?

I will add that I wouldn't personally swap BCGs back and forth to get it, but I do understand where paduca is coming from.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:07:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#48]
Run whatever kit blows your skirt up, nevermind opinions or validation from internet strangers.

Shoot more.

Eta: I wouldn't expect drastic results between the two. If anything tangible.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Tiribulus:

In fact, I'll go so far as to say that there's plenty of guys who do this exact thing without simply stating up front, like he did, that that's what they're doing.

There's nobody else around here who has some piece of kit that offers them no actual advantage, but they just like the coolness factor (vibe) that it brings them? I'm just gonna have to go out on a limb and suspect that there are.

As long as it's not unsafe or in some other tangible way detrimental, what's wrong with taking some admittedly and ultimately meaningless satisfaction in a "gucci" part?

I will add that I wouldn't personally swap BCGs back and forth to get it, but I do understand where paduca is coming from.
View Quote

I'll admit that I always run some sort of "gucci" bcg. Right now I'm running a LMT eBCG. It's dang good and to be honest, it does make a difference in your perception of shooting something great. I think it gives a placebo effect in that you feel as if you're "prepared" for whatever it is you're about to do. I'm not sure if the OP is actually making 600 yards shot but perhaps the action of switching a bcg out to a different one gives a bit of placebo in that you're "prepping" your weapon to do something even greater.

I think a better analogy is any kid growing up in the 90s who had those pump shoes. You swear it makes you faster, better, and more agile. Like if you were playing basketball and suddenly it's like it's game on and you're taking time to pump your shoes up as if it'll make you somehow better. Reality is that any improvements it might make can't be repeated or replicated unless there's that stimulus that you're about to embark on something great.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Tiribulus:
View Quote

What was wrong was getting two BCGs and using one for whatever and the other for just shoot 600 yard matches.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top