Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2024 7:48:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joshthemedic]
Good evening. I am toying around with the idea of building another upper. I've found a 12.5" barrel with a mid length gas system. I have a basic idea of how dwell time works and just wanted to bounce the idea off of others that may know better than me. I am using a sup arms kit. Would the mid length system on that barrel cause me any issues? I currently have 2 other setups with sup arms kits, one 10.5" carbine gas and a 13.9 p/w mid gas. Thanks for any insight and help!
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I finally reached out to Superlative since no one gave any insight here. They told me to stay away from a mid-length gas system on any barrel shorter then 14.5" unless it will be a dedicated suppressor setup. The shorter dwell time will cause cycling issues. Hopefully this can help anyone else looking for this info in the future.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#2]
That is good info.  I was considering a 12.5" mid length with their kit.  Thanks for posting the follow up.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JTX23:
That is good info.  I was considering a 12.5" mid length with their kit.  Thanks for posting the follow up.
View Quote

You're welcome. Glad I could help others with the info!
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top